PDA

View Full Version : Which of these is in your post workout shake?

unstop
09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Just curious... along with protein powder, which of these do you use in your post workout shake?

Right now I'm only using dextrose mostly because I could never find maltodextrin anywhere. However, I finally found a place that sells it. I'm just not sure if I actually need to bother with it though.

Like, how important is it or how much more beneficial would it be for me to add maltodextrin to my PWO shake along with the dextrose. Is a dextrose/maltodextrin combo really that much better PWO than just dextrose alone?

Holto
09-11-2006, 05:07 PM
I find with just dex the timing is more important. I prefer to start drinking dex as soon after lifting as possible. I also have to have my next meal at just the right time or I feel a little flat.

For me dex and malto work great pre or during workout.

getfit
09-11-2006, 05:10 PM
i mix dex with protein as well post workout.

TheGimp
09-12-2006, 12:01 AM
The (only?) reason for replacing some of the dextrose with maltodextrin is to reduce the sweetness.

malkore
09-12-2006, 12:14 PM
The (only?) reason for replacing some of the dextrose with maltodextrin is to reduce the sweetness.

Yup, because malto is just two dextrose molecules joined by a weak bond that the body breaks easily.

dextrose is also more likely to fill you up.

Read Issue 2 of Get Built...she covers this in great detail.