PDA

View Full Version : Brady's Journal

pinky8713
09-11-2006, 06:43 PM
It's time again. Time for a journal. These past months of my life have been pretty rough and stressful. I won't get into detail, but i pretty much stopped weightlifting for a couple months. Everything is looking up now though. I just moved in with my dad again which is the most important thing. Everything just went from horrible to great in the past few weeks.

Well, i'm ready to hit the weights again. I can't believe i went a couple months without lifting. I just couldn't though.

I did one upper body and one lower body session last week to get things going again. I took it real light, and hell, three days later my legs are so sore i can hardly walk. But i love it.

I found myself a new lifting partner which is awesome. My buddy Tyler is in pretty good shape but hasn't lifted much before. Anyways, today was our first day to start off this run.. or whatever you want to call it.

Monday, September 11th, 2006

Upper Body

Bench
95 x 8
135 x 8
165 x 8
175 x 8
185 x 6
165 x 7

I'm pretty happy with that. My first day back lifting decently heavy and the 185's were feeling pretty good.

Chinups
BW x 10
BW x 8

I gotta get a chinup bar over here at my dads somehow. I just did these using my deck hah.

BB Rows
135 x 8

I'd usually do another heavier set of rows but my legs are so shot they were killing me just supporting me for the rows.

Arnolds
40s x 10
40s x 10

These were easy. We don't have any higher DB's here though. I'm gonna have to bring mine from my moms over here.

Skullcrushers
65 x 12
65 x 12

Easy, just taking it slow.

Overall

That was about it for today. I was happy with the benching. First day back and the 185's felt pretty good. Everything else felt good too.

I'm confident that these next few months should be kickass.

By the way, i'm 5'9 now and weighing in at 154.5lbs. Yeah i know, way too light. Here's a pic though.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/pinky8713/brady1.jpg

Bohizzle
09-11-2006, 07:07 PM
bam! first post! looking awesome for taking some time off because of stress, keep this sucker going!

Andrew

pinky8713
09-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks a lot man.

I just got back from Apple Bee's and ate a million fajitas. It was alright. I ate at least 1500 cals though so that's good.

Bohizzle
09-11-2006, 07:16 PM
1000000?! i don't think i could've gotten past 6000.

pinky8713
09-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Yeah i started feeling full after the 5,000 mark.

Okay, i ate five fajitas, but they were PACKED.

I gotta get at least 4,000 calories today. I picked up some more whey too so i'm set with protein.

My girlfriend is afraid that i'm gonna get "too big" but whata ya gonna do. I'm only 155 now. My "short" term goal is around 170 at my bodyfat. That's what i plan to be for next spring at least. Then 180 after that.

Bohizzle
09-11-2006, 07:27 PM
just tell her to wait until u get to double her bodyweight, then u can really toss her around:evillaugh ... and just reassure her that it's gunna be a long long time before u get "too big".

Andrew

pinky8713
09-11-2006, 07:40 PM
I can already really toss her around. :D

Coke
09-12-2006, 05:33 AM
Glad to see you bro, you've leaned out...these next few months will be kickass indeed!!

f=ma
09-12-2006, 01:16 PM
looks like youre still strong man.. your lifts will come back before you know.

i wish i was younger, i need to get on some virgins haha

Built
09-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Brady, you're going to come back bigger and stronger than ever now that the worst of your stresses are behind you.

I'm sending BEEEEEG thoughts your way. Eat up!

Nice to see you back in the land of journals. :) <- mandatory chick-indicator - the smily

Sidior
09-12-2006, 01:41 PM
looking lean and solid in the pic for taking some time off, gl with getting back into it bro

pinky8713
09-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Good to see you too coke.

Yeah fma, i was pretty happy with the bench strength. I'll be lifting even more than i was before in no time.

Marianne, hell yeah. I'm eating, i swear hah.

Thanks sidior. It's going good so far.

Thanks for the support guys.

Today was supposed to be lower body, but since my legs aren't completely ready from my last lower body day (i think i did it on friday) i had to skip it. My legs are FINALLY recovering and arn't as sore now. They were still sore enough to not lift today though. They should be feeling pretty good tomorrow.

So since i couldn't do my squats, i just showed my lifting partner tyler how to do the exercises for today. I figured i'd do some curls for the hell of it, so i just did a few sets of hammers. I pretty much never work bi's. I'm gonna throw in some curls on my lower body day though i think.

Anyways, tomorrow i have off and thursday is upper again. Lower on friday.

pinky8713
09-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Today is Thursday and should be Upper Body day. Since this is my first week back though, i'm sore longer than usual. I'm still a little sore from Mondays upper body workout. I'm not real sore by any means, just a little bit in the shoulders for the most part. I'm debating now wether i should do the workout or not.

I think i'm gonna go do the workout now, but concentrate a little more on back work and stuff today. Maybe do some hardcore chinups and rows at the beginning, and then do the benchin'. That's what i'm gonna do.

pinky8713
09-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Thursday, September 14th, 2006

Upper Body

Bench
135 x 6
135 x 6
165 x 8
185 x 6

Chinups
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 8

These are always done with a nice pause on the very bottom.

Skullcrushers
75 x 10
75 x 10
80 x 8

Overall

This was just a little workout today. I was still a little sore from Mondays upper body since i just started up again this week. My shoulders were really the only thing that was sore though. My chest was a tad, but that's it. That's why the benching was short today.

I'm insanely busy tomorrow so i'll most likely do tomorrows lower body on Saturday.. which is fine. Then Mondays upper body workout should be insane when i'm fully rested.

I've been eating freaking good. About to eat a whole bunch of hotwings.

Tomorrow night i'll be going up to Northern Illinois University to party it up. :D Not exactly the most beneficial thing when it comes to bodybuilding.. but it happens.

Bohizzle
09-15-2006, 07:15 AM
do u usually do more back work during ur upper days? because right now it seems like ur doing a lot more pressing than back work. workout looks strong though, keeep it up.

Andrew

pinky8713
09-16-2006, 03:22 AM
Well i'm looking to start a different/new routine real soon here. I just haven't found one i'm willing to try yet, so i figured i'd go with my old upper/lower split. The upper day consists of (sometimes varies) 3-4 benching sets, 3 sets of rows or chinups, 2 sets of rows or chinups (whichever i didn't do first), 2 sets of arnolds, 2 sets of skullcrushers, then maybe some flies if i feel like it. I would vary the exercises when i felt like it, but that gives you an idea of what i would do.

This week has been a little different just because it's the first week of lifting again, but i really should stick to what i'm supposed to do.

And i'm half asleep now so i'm going to go pass out.

Coke
09-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Good luck on keying into the right type of plan man, sure you will be making headway during the fall and winter.

pinky8713
09-18-2006, 12:45 AM
Yeah definitely coke. I see no reason not to be able to gain 15lbs and be lean for next summer.

I ended up not doing my lowerbody workout on saturday like i was supposed to. Friday night was a disaster. It's a long story. I didn't sleep at all that night. I slept from 7am-8am before i had to go to work at 9am. I got off work at 6pm and crashed for the night.

Well, tomorrow (well today now) i'll be doing my upper body day. There should be no reason to miss any workouts this week.

Anybody have any ideas for a new routine?

I've been doing the same upper/lower split for ages now. I just think it's time for a change. I've been looking around but can't really come up with anything that i like. Any suggestions?

Built
09-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Well, do you have anything you want to concentrate on? You could do block training for a month or so if you like. Pick any two parts and plan to train 3 on, one off.

pinky8713
09-18-2006, 12:55 AM
I've never even heard of block training. How does that work?

Built
09-18-2006, 01:13 AM
I did it earlier this year, late December and January.

If you have the time to do this, and can train and eat like a sonofabitch, it's a nice break from your regular programming.

PowerManDL has an article (http://www.joelmarion.net/index.php?page=blog&blog=24)that touches on it a bit.

Got two parts you'd like to bring up?

pinky8713
09-18-2006, 01:16 AM
I haven't checked out the link yet, but i'm going to after i type this. If the routine focuses mostly on two parts, then i don't know if i'd want to do it. IMO i think i'm as symmetrical as can be. I really couldn't pick any lagging parts. I guess if i had to pick something then i'd say legs since i've slacked on them the most the past few months. I really feel i'm proportionate though.

Like i said, i'm gonna read that article now. I'm also thinking about doing a push/pull/legs routine.

Built
09-18-2006, 01:23 AM
Do baby got back. It will KEEP you balanced.

f=ma
09-18-2006, 09:43 AM
i refuse to switch from upper/lower

its just such a good split

f=ma
09-18-2006, 09:43 AM
ps nice benching bro

pinky8713
09-18-2006, 01:53 PM
I think upper/lower is a great split. I just feel like it's time to switch it up.

I decided i'm going with a push/pull/legs routine. I'm liking how it looks and i think it will go well.

I'm gonna start lifting with my friend Randy today. I just started lifting with Tyler last week but he doesn't know what he's doing. Randy knows what he's doing so i'd rather lift with him.

I was gonna start with leg day today, since i've slacked on legs the most, but today is randy's chest/shoulders/tri day... which is pretty much the same as my push day. So i'm gonna sacrifice and start with my push day today. No big deal.

Tomorrow will be pull day.

I'm going to post my fitday everyday here in my journal from now on too. So tonight i'll post what my diet was.

pinky8713
09-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Monday, September 18th, 2006

Push Day

Bench
95 x 8
135 x 6
135 x 6
175 x 8
185 x 6
175 x 6

CGBP
135 x 8
155 x 8
155 x 7

Arnolds
45s x 8
50s x 5

Skullcrushers
75 x 6 too light
80 x 10
80 x 7

DB Flies
35s x 8
35s x 6

I really hate flies. They always bother my right rotator cuff. They really started bothering it on the second set.

Overall

It was a good workout. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that i don't like Randy's bench for benching. I can't figure out what it is, but i just can't seem to get stable on the damn thing. Also the rack or whatever on his bench is narrower than mine, so i can't grip as wide as i usually do. I feel unstable and i feel my shoulders working a lot more (i don't know why) on his bench. It pisses me off. My benching still wasn't bad though. I plan to make gains pretty much every single workout here on out. Next workouts benching goal is definitely hitting 185 x 8 again.

I'm so pumped to be going good again. My diet has been great today too. :D

Tomorrows workout is gonna be leg day instead of pull. Pull will be the after that.

pinky8713
09-18-2006, 06:42 PM
I just ate a huge dinner of some kind of pork roast. My calories are around 2500 now and will easily be 4,000 before bed. The key factor for me is keeping the diet going like this.

Update: So i'm going to bed soon. I thought i'd post my diet from today though. I think i'm going to start posting my diet every night.

Todays diet:

Calories - 4174
Fat - 208g
Carbs - 317g
Protein - 297g

I'm not concerned with my macronutrient percentages or anything at this point. I'm just concerned with eating enough calories and getting enough protein and fat. I've seemed to do good with a high fat, high protein diet in the past anyways. I love my good fats :). That's about it really.. So yeah, the diet was good today. :D

Built
09-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Nothing magic about the percentages anyway - everything looks MORE than sufficient. Keep eating, and you'll be HUGE by next summer, babe.

:)

Coke
09-20-2006, 05:22 AM
Good push day, keep this thing rolling along bro.

pinky8713
10-03-2006, 10:56 PM
*sigh*

It's been a couple weeks since i've posted in here. My brother and i got grounded from the computer for two weeks. I can't remember the last time i was grounded. What is that?

I haven't gotten things going 100% yet. I haven't eaten enough to gain any weight. I've been lifting pretty consistantly though, but i need to step that up too.

Yeah, so i went to do legs a week and a half ago. First leg workout in a while. I decided i wanted to deadlift and do some leg work because deadlifts are my favorite. I pulled my freaking hamstring warming up for deadlifts. I've never pulled anything in my life. I haven't been able to do legs until today.. that totally sucked and set me back.

Anyways, upper body days have been going pretty good! Haha.

I'll post todays workout. First leg day in a long while.. and after my pull.. so i went really easy here.

Tuesday, October 3rd, 2006

Leg Day

Squats (working on a new wider stance too)
bar x 10 (yeah.. i didn't want to reinjure my hamstring)
95 x 10
135 x 8
155 x 8
185 x 5
135 x 10

SLDL's
135 x 8
135 x 8

Calf Raises
185 x 12
185 x 12
185 x 12
185 x 12

Overall

Nothing special, obviously. I took everything real easy. My hamstring didn't bother me at all though. It might have felt a tad tight but it was good. I plan to jump up some weight next workout.

Tomorrow off, thursday pull, friday push.

Built
10-04-2006, 01:04 AM
He's alive!

Welcome home hunny.

:kiss:

Coke
10-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Too bad about the setback with the hamstring, you seem good to go now - pulled off a nice leg workout.