PDA

View Full Version : detail in Robboes article

Reinier
02-03-2002, 08:19 AM
"As far as cooking goes, as is true for most foods, some minor nutrient losses do occur in the egg. Of the nutrients in an egg, riboflavin, thiamin and folic acid are generally less heat stable than other nutrients. Normal cooking simply changes the form of egg protein but it is still just as nutritious. Protein is destroyed only when it is severely overcooked such as in the brown lacy edges of an overcooked fried egg. You can preserve the highest nutrient content possible by avoiding overcooking. "

I always hard boil my eggs and often theres a little color change in the yolk. nothing serious tho not like when they get sandy...

any loss?

the doc
02-03-2002, 08:49 AM
hard boiling is one of the least harsh methods to cook eggs.
If the yolk take on a green color on the outside you need to cool them faster- run under cold water and or ice water

Reinier
02-03-2002, 09:12 AM
o ok. i usually do that

Slim Schaedle
02-03-2002, 09:39 AM
Speaking of hard boiled eggs....does anyone use those electric egg cooker things, where you poke a hole in the top of the egg and put them in that little machine with water. I used to hard boil but i bought one of them......cooks it perfect every time, no shells sticking to eggs. ye, ye ok....:offtopic:

Reinier
02-03-2002, 10:09 AM
i got one of those.
i never put holes in em tho. it says they break otherwise but mine never have.