PDA

View Full Version : Diet Advice

P Diddy
02-03-2002, 09:00 AM
I am just getting back into training. Took about a eight year layoff. I need some advice on how to structure a diet to fit me.
I'm 5 11
245 lbs.
38 waist. (those damn beers)
:mad:

I started training 5 months ago and have lost about 35 lbs. I workout Mon-Fri alternating arms / legs. Just started doing cardio.
I want to lose a ton of weight, but build muscle. I'm not new to the workout scene.

Thanks,

Spiderman
02-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Its good that you're gettin back into it. But you need to lose that weight you put on. First of all, I'd give up the beer if not limit it to one day a week at 2-3 beers only.

Secondly, put down here what you eat on a normal day, when you train and what you eat afterwards and we can help you more. I'm going to start by saying that you should probably lower your carb intake a little bit and increase your protein intake. Get yourself a good protein powder such as Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein at http://www.dpsnutrition.com. This will be more convenient for ya to get your protein in, especially at work.

Next, if you can do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach then do so. Get yourself a good fat burner as well such as Hydroxycut or Xenadrine. These will help ya out a lot. With just getting back into it I'd say you should be training your whole body on Mon, Wed, and Fri. Do 2-3 sets of each bodypart on one exercise and keep the rest periods between sets to about 15-30 seconds. The idea is to get your body accustomed to lifting again. If you go about it this way you'll be less sore. You should do this kind of workout for about 6 weeks, then feel free to move to a different goal. During this time do cardio on your off days (as in the way I suggested above) and watch your caloric intake as I already stated and you should see some great results. Good luck. :thumbup:

Spiderman
02-05-2002, 05:50 AM
Bump for P Diddy. :)

Pup
02-05-2002, 06:24 AM
Spidey pretty much summed it up, just get the diet in order, train your ass off, and have a good attitude.