PDA

View Full Version : hows my fitday looking today?

bL33d
09-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Just trying to find out what ya'll think...? Seems like ive ate a decent amount... allthough i aint ate the tuna sandwich or cottage cheese that is gonna be for dinner.

Im thinking of having another protein shake to get my total around 180g for the day.

Unreal
09-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Too low cals, too low fat, too low protein, too much sugar, not enough or any veggies.

DoUgL@S
09-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Too low cals, too low fat, too low protein, too much sugar, not enough or any veggies.

I agree with the fact that there is not enough protein, fat and veggies. Also, as I have told you before your calorie intake appears low.

It is not that there are too many carbs, just not the best sources for them. None of your carbs are from fruits or veggies, all are from processed foods. Not good. If your carbs are coming from honey nut cherrios and bread, instead of things like oats, legumes, fruits and veggies you should rethink your diet.

bL33d
09-14-2006, 04:31 PM
i dont like fruits and veggies :cry:

Unreal
09-14-2006, 06:15 PM
I don't like cardio, I don't like being hungry, I don't like not eating sweets, but if you to make good progress then you got to do stuff you don't like. If it was easy everyone would look great.

Holto
09-14-2006, 07:59 PM
bL33d:

Just read your history in the other thread.

Dude you need to congradulate yourself on the fat loss and take a minute to address your health.

You lost a ton of weight, however, because of how you did it you could have lost tissue other than fat. Especially bone.

I'm not sure if you are still actively cutting but you need a break. At least 4 weeks, preferrably 8. It will allow your metabolism to return. This will pay dividends in the gym and when you go back to cutting you will be able to cut on higher calories. I know you sound like you are full on what you are doing but trust me you could FEEL so much better while doing it. PM me if you need any help.

malkore
09-15-2006, 10:18 AM
i dont like fruits and veggies :cry:

Learn to. :moon:

bL33d
09-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Im not sure how to take a break lol! You mean go back to eating junk...? :confused:

Holto
09-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Im not sure how to take a break lol! You mean go back to eating junk...? :confused:

Absolutely not.

I've been thinking about you because quite honestly I am a little worried but I think you will be fine as you have a good attitude.

1) Continue to track cals on fitday.

2) Slowly increase cals until you are no longer losing weight

3) Stay there for 4-8 weeks

This is what we call being on maintenance cals. You will be eating enough cals to maintain your weight, not gaining, not losing.

After you reach maintenance your thyroid will start functioning properly and your bodies RMR (resting metabolic rate) will gradually increase. This is the swing back of your RMR crashing as the result of a radical diet.

Once your RMR is where it should be you can go back to dieting to lose fat. You will know when your RMR is back when you are warmer, have more energy, are in a better mood and are generally more hungry.

Most importantly don't feel like you are not getting anywhere while doing this. You will continue to gain strength and muscle as you train and you should be able to recompose while doing this. By recompose I mean lose some fat and gain some muscle. Slowly transforming your body.

bL33d
09-15-2006, 11:40 AM
I only did the crazy cereal thing for like 2 weeks ( i thought it was longer but my wife said it wasent) and since then have been eating 3 meals a day be it weight watcher meals or just whatever my wife makes for dinner. I have not been real strict for the last month and my calories have went up some...

And i am now taken protein shakes and a mulitvitamin everyday...

Like for dinner my wife makes whatever just if it uses hamburger i have her get turkey burger instead.

Average Calories for last month.
grams cals %total
Total: 1908
Fat: 52 464 25%
Sat: 19 171 9%
Poly: 5 44 2%
Mono: 12 104 6%
Carbs: 222 823 44%
Fiber: 16 0 0%
Protein: 142 569 31%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Holto
09-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Regardless of how it happened it appears your metabolism is in the crapper.

Getting it out is a really good idea, in terms of your long term health and future training and dieting.

bL33d
09-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I guess i can just add stuff to the protein shakes and blend it in blender like fruits and peanut butter :) Have that for breakfast. :idea:

I am trying to get a little higher cal intake and protein intake with some fruit and peanut butter included... Hows this looking this does not included dinner cause i cant piss my wife off.. :P but dinner is usually chicken and some veggies or and rice ...

Breakfast = 2 eggs boiled 2 slices wheat toast 2 tablespoons butter = 546 cal , 27g protein

Snack = whey protein shake = 110 cal, 20g protein

Lunch = 2 slices wheat bread, Can tuna , cup and a half of cottage cheese = 672 cal, 89g protein

Snack = Fruit@peanut butter whey protein shake = 510 cal, 40g protein

Total cal = 1838
total protein = 180g

Just realised that will be 4 tablespoons of peanut butter is that to much???

Holto
09-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Your headed in the right direction.

Re: the peanut butter

Fat is an important nutrient though many people act like it's a toxin.

Re: Breakfast

Try some ground oats, chocolate whey and peanut butter. It's very popular in these parts.

As for the wife. Get home early and cook dinner.

Also on a night when she makes something with very little protein, for example, a pasta dinner, just slam a shake after so you hit your protein numbers.

It's the kind of thing I might do at work to go with fast food. I'll bring an Iced Tea and a protein shake and find some hot carbs to go with it. Perhaps a pizza slice or some french fries. Then the trick is not eating all the pizza or fries. Easy to do when I have a shake to cap it off.

Al3X
09-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Holto, very good advice you've gave. For myself trying to not over eat, I just think of the outcome once I hit my goal. You can either hit it sooner, or you can wait longer. Choice is in your power.

DoUgL@S
09-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Took your example and tweeked a bit

Breakfast = 1 egg 4 egg whites, 2 slices wheat toast, 1 oz cheese, 4 oz ham = 510 cal , 50g protein

Snack = whey protein 1 1/2 scoop, ground oats, 1 tbsp pb shake = 360 cal, 42g protein

Lunch = 2 slices wheat bread, Can tuna , cup and a half of cottage cheese = 672 cal, 89g protein

Snack = Fruit@peanut butter (1-2 tbspn) whey protein (1 1/2 scoop) shake = 365 cal, 44g protein

Total cal = 1917 cals
total protein = 223g

And you still get dinner

bL33d
09-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Its crazy how much good stuff u get to eat if u dont eat bad foods...

I didnt get my food down quite right today but im pretty close :clap:

arya202
09-16-2006, 03:16 PM
What's so good about veggies for a bodybuilder besides the fact that they're low calorie and make you full?

bL33d
09-16-2006, 03:26 PM
No veggies suck im talking about eggs and penaut butter, tuna and chicken.

Holto
09-17-2006, 10:57 AM
What's so good about veggies for a bodybuilder?

There are 10's of thousands of phytonutrients that are ONLY found in vegetables. If you aren't eating them you aren't as healthy as you can be. For example your blood is not as clean as it can be. Chlorphyll is so structurally simlar to hemoglobin that it actually cleans your blood. Chlorophyll is just one of a hundred thousand phyotnutrients.

Its crazy how much good stuff u get to eat if u dont eat bad foods...

If you eat some veggies you might have room for desert.

:windup:

bL33d
09-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I had a salad last night for dinner :clap:

Also here is my last weeks average...

Average Calories
grams cals %total
Total: 2106
Fat: 61 547 27%
Sat: 23 206 10%
Poly: 5 49 2%
Mono: 15 131 6%