PDA

View Full Version : Lean Cuisine

AllNatural
02-03-2002, 01:38 PM
I eat an awful lot of these damn things, think its good for a bodybuilding diet?

Big Show
02-03-2002, 01:43 PM
I'd say it would depend on what you're trying to do(trim down or bulk up)I think it would help me and other members answer your question if you post what the nutritional breakdown of Lean Cuisine is(calories.protein,carbs and fat)Tell us those 4 things and you'll get an answer;)

AllNatural
02-03-2002, 02:16 PM
220 calories
6g fat
26g carb
15g protein

I usually eat 2 of these in a day, separate breakfast and diner, and 2 mrp's

I am trying to bulk up though

Matx
02-03-2002, 02:21 PM
everyone is gonna tell you your not eating nearly enough.

TreeTrunks
02-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Bulking with 220 calories a meal ain't going to cut it. Your goning to have to consume more calories. Make meals yourself. You need more carbs and protein in your meals than what you'll find wrapped up in the grocery store. I make meals up once a week and measure the amount for one meal put them in a zip lock bag and throw them in the fridge. Really makes everything easy and quick.

AllNatural
02-03-2002, 08:36 PM
That sounds like a good idea. I have been able to maintain my weight btwn 200-223 on this diet for a while, but I could use some extra mass.

Can you give a detailed outline of what you buy and how you make it/measure it etc? Thanks :D

TreeTrunks
02-03-2002, 08:47 PM
Chicken and rice is what I prep. I either bake the chicken or use a george foreman grill. I try to cut the chicken into pieces that would equal 4 oz. cooked weight. And I follow the directions on cooking the rice (each bag seems to have different directions). Then I put a piece of chicken in a zip lock bag with whatever amount of rice (cooked) in with it seal it and throw her in the fridge. You can really do it with any type of food that will keep. Just be sure to eat it all within a week, don't want it to go bad. Of course tuna is another staple of the BBing diet and I drain a can throw it between a half baglel or 2 pieces of wheat bread or sometimes i'll put a little cheese in my tuna and melt it. I also eat cottage cheese with my chicken and rice.

Podium Kreatin
02-04-2002, 08:53 PM
i eat a lot of microwave food too, but be careful of the sodium, u have to drink a lot more water

Slim Schaedle
02-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Lots of preservatives and crud like that.

reso
02-05-2002, 04:42 PM
needless to say this spring i might have to rely on that since i will be short on $$ and getting cottage cheese/chicken breast/veggies will be hard since im gonna transfer colleges but il try to keep this meals cleaning meaning:/ trow away the bad carbs :P :P and eat the good ones hahahaha :P that sesame chicken lean cruisine looks tasty