PDA

View Full Version : New pics marked Sept 9 with 8 weeks out from the show.

derrick
09-16-2006, 01:44 PM
I am now at 171lbs with roughly 7-9 to go putting me in as a lightweight. I will easily hit my target within 3 -3 1/2 weeks. Apparantly I am too early as the final 2 weeks is used to shred and rip...and then carbo loading within the final 4 before the show. I have to dump 3-5lbs of water in the last 3 days to bring out full vascularity and definition. I will use my excess time to play with my diet to see what I can get away with.

Muscles I didn;t think I had are starting to come out..I can see some really neat vascularity during workouts which to some looks strange..but as it is a new experience for me I think it's kind of weird and neatat the same time. My powerlifting buddies are laughing at me now...but I at least look buffed and not puffed. My workouts are getting really hard..lack of energy and large loss of strength. Though I am keeping virtually all my muscles it is extremely tough going at times. My competitor goes to the same gym and is giving me a tuff go, he zaps my strength but I plan on beating him so I'll give it:)

I can't wait to see what the final week will do...hopefully I don't pass out on stage.

Man I could use a nice thick steak:)

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/derrick_pyn/album?.dir=/f2bdre2

Al3X
09-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Cut looks great. What's your macro's like in the cut? what was your 171 maintenance macro's?

rookiebldr
09-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Coming along nicely. Good luck in the contest. How tall are you?

ederon
09-16-2006, 11:18 PM
good luck, you will never forget your first show.

solarisdude45
09-17-2006, 04:40 PM
in 8 weeks, you will have the last laugh :)

Good Luck!

russianwol
09-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey nice job there - your front double bi pose looks realy good. I think think your back double bi is not as good as the double bi. That's coming from someone who does not do bodybuilding so that it a grain of salt :)

PUMPER
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Looks great dude...nice and lean too...good luck!
"PUMP"

ederon
09-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Just wanted to give you some pointers:
For your next show your going to have to bring up your legs, they seem to be lacking in size and definition. I too have a similar problem. Good Luck.

derrick
09-19-2006, 07:10 PM
I agree with all the critigues points..yes my legs need a good 2 inches and much more thickness along with some meat on the calves. Back needs a great deal of definition. I think general proportions are fair to good with decent striations coming from the shoulders,chest and mid section. I am hoping just to have fun with this show and see what I can really get down to in LDM...Clarence Bass being my mentor there. For June I plan on adding 10-12 lbs of meat everywhere.

BTW I am 5'-9"..and people around me are freaking at how much weight I've lost they think I'm sick..lol.
I will do one more post 1 week before the show and then some from it.

Really appreciate the pointers!

growthrep
09-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Derrick, you've got BY FAR the best male body I've seen here on this website. Most of the big guys here look like fat men with some power but still fugly. Would you mind private messaging me your routine for bulking and cutting? I would love to look like THAT! You belong on the cover of a mag. Kudos!

TwiloMike
09-19-2006, 08:01 PM
The effort looks great. I agree about the legs.

Slim Schaedle
09-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Most of the big guys here look like fat men with some power but still fugly.
WTF?

Xand
09-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Looking good, man. Good Luck.

Beast
09-19-2006, 10:19 PM
LOL, ouch!

growthrep
09-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Hey no offense but this derrick dude makes you want to break out some vermiculate and a chisel. Greek god like body. I see big guys with powerful muscular arms all the time but they've got a frikin gut hanging over their belt. "Protein shakes" made of ice cream and peanut butter will do that. LOL! I think some poeple use weightlifting as an excuse to be obese -- eat like pigs and claim they are "in training." LOL!

Derrick, you are a great ambassador for this board. GL in the contest!

Jinkies
09-20-2006, 07:05 AM
Shutup before I dumbell benchpress your 100 pound ass.

KarateBoy
09-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Shutup before I dumbell benchpress your 100 pound ass.

You'd have to catch him firsttuttut

growthrep
09-20-2006, 08:12 AM
I see I hit a fat man's nerve. LOL! Come on. You know I speak the truth. Give this guy his kudos.

Steele
09-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah, that is one awsome body you've built bro, something along the lines i'm aiming for =)

-Steele

growthrep
09-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Steele, I agree. It's inspirational to this fat man. If I looked like that I'd eat paper if necessary to maintain that look. That is what IT'S ALL ABOUT for me, baby! I hope that's a natural look and achievable without drugs. Love that side tricep pose -- the last pic. Look at the shoulder striations. Wow!

Steele
09-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Haha, totally agree =)

-Steele

Steele, I agree. It's inspirational to this fat man. If I looked like that I'd eat paper if necessary to maintain that look. That is what IT'S ALL ABOUT for me, baby! I hope that's a natural look and achievable without drugs. Love that side tricep pose -- the last pic. Look at the shoulder striations. Wow!

ARchgr8
09-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Yeah I would be extremly interested in your cutting method also. Looks good bro best of luck in the comp

derrick
09-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Wow I think my ego is getting larger. Many thanks..but humbly speaking I truthfully need 10-15lbs of raw muslce at least 5 in the legs to really proportion everything out the way I'd like.

To answer a question I do not do anything outside a fairly strict diet other than Creatine. My problem is a small bone structure which means I have to work much harder than those wth thicker bones.
I had planned on waiting to see how I do in the competition before posting any diet and exercise routines but I would share to anyone who wants it. Feel free to email me at derrick_pyn@yahoo.com

BTW I don't want to cause any problems here, I have enough problems in my gym..I had always hoped of learning from those that have experience.

Thanks.

Nosaj
09-21-2006, 07:39 PM
First of all, derrick, looking really good bro. Hopefully dropping your bf% a bit more will really bring definition out in your abs and legs, because that seems to be where you're lacking it the most. Arms/delts/chest looking ace! Best of luck on the rest of your cut, and good luck on the comp! :nod:

Rofl, pot calling the kettle black? I give you 6 months before you get yourself banned, probably less. ;)

_8_Ball
09-21-2006, 07:46 PM
What's your diet like and how much cardio are you doing at this point?

Chubrock
09-21-2006, 09:19 PM
I see I hit a fat man's nerve. LOL! Come on. You know I speak the truth. Give this guy his kudos.

You're a fool. The OP has a good physique, but far from the best on the board. I see you have no idea of the concepts of size, balance, aesthetics etc, and aren't familiar with some of the guys on this website such as BCC, Latman, YBW, Anthony, Slim...

Keith
09-21-2006, 09:48 PM
growthrep- I can't even quote you on some things you've said because so many of them were absolutely unnecessary. And no, you did not hit one of my 'fat nerves' because I myself am I complete ectomorph. You literally made my mouth drop by what you stated "Protein shakes made of ice cream and peanut butter will do that. LOL! I think some poeple use weightlifting as an excuse to be obese -- eat like pigs and claim they are "in training." LOL!"

Ive never suggested this before but you should seriously be banned for such stupid and degrading comments.

Slim Schaedle
09-21-2006, 10:15 PM
You're a fool. The OP has a good physique, but far from the best on the board. I see you have no idea of the concepts of size, balance, aesthetics etc, and aren't familiar with some of the guys on this website such as BCC, Latman, YBW, Anthony, Slim...
damn....

thanks man

definitely unexpected

:redface:

Chubrock
09-21-2006, 10:18 PM
You're a thick mfer unless you've atrophied an insane amount since I last saw pics/vids of you.

sharkall2003
09-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah, he has a nice physique.

Growtherep, where are your pictures? Too much of a fatass to actually post any?

growthrep
09-22-2006, 06:46 AM
No offense. Take it easy. Just calling em as I see em.

MixmasterNash
09-22-2006, 08:03 AM
No offense. Take it easy. Just calling em as I see em.
Are you a spoof or are you really serious?

Jinkies
09-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Are you a spoof or are you really serious?

Dunno how you can't see it must be all at fat and bad physique blinding you.
We can't forget about Built, shes probably the most obease and out of shape woman i've ever seen.

growthrep
09-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Not singeling anyone out but how many guys seriously look good with the "bulk" look? Come on! Built has the best female body here. Not saying some guys here don't look good but many are just plain FAT! The absurd over eating, unless you're just seriously skinny, makes NO sense if you want to build a beautoful body. Read MIke Mentzer. He said a couple of extra calories a day (two bites of an apple maybe) are really all you need because the body can't put on a ton of muscle each day. LOL! Compare that to ice cream shakes right before bed.

I AM FAT! Don't want anyone else to get the way I am by following crazy suggestions. Look at Derrick's photos. Look at Anthony. Those are real bods, baby! Look at built! Now look at some of the other folks pics after they "bulked up".

I'm just trying to save folks the unnecessary need to get fat. This is about building a better body, not an obese one. No offense to any specific person. Just an observation.

I know a guy who is STRONG and can bench 450. He's frikin huge and about 325 and is FAT!!!!!!! He would make you toss your cookies if you saw him on da beach. if he cut, he'd look good but he followed the bulking advice and now is regretting it.

sharkall2003
09-22-2006, 09:35 AM
And many of us lifters here who have followed the advice (mind you that's not set in stone and we let everyone else make their own decision if they want to cut or bulk) have had very noticeable gains. I'll use myself as an example. I came here at 185 lbs at 13% bodyfat. Now, a year later after proper dieting and lifting correctly I am now 210 at 13%. Do the numbers and that's approximately 25 lbs of LBM in one year. I never used a supplement besides creatine and whey protein either.

growthrep
09-22-2006, 09:43 AM
That's nice! Kudos!

derrick
09-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Diet consists of 6-7meals a day with roughly 50p-35c-15f.
I take creatine, flax seed oil, adn low carb0fat protein for the shakes.
20 minutes of cardio first thing in the morning.
I am loosing roughly 1 to 1.5lbs every 3rd day.

I am now (no pics yet) at 165 which is 6 less the last pics and with 6 weeks to go. Vascularity and straitions are popping out all over.
I have increased the carb intake to starve off depleting any more wieght for a couple of weeks.

Powdered_Power
09-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Awesome physique man, and dont see the small bonestructure as a disadvantage as your muscles will look so much bigger.

ederon
09-24-2006, 11:14 PM
This is addressed to "growthrep"
I really don't think you have the right to tell anyone how to do anything.
You really don't sound like a person who knows alot about the gym, or working out.
Everyone on this board has different goals, even though the title of the website says "wannabebig"
Personally i am putting on extra fat,water whatever temporarily, for my own goals, do i think i am fat? (right now i do) do other people think so? (my friends say no)
People put on weight and lose weight all the time, there is more than one way to get where you need to go, it is their own decision which way they choose.

dw06wu
09-24-2006, 11:50 PM
growtherep, you are an idiot. Sorry to further derail derrick's thread, but this is a board for everyone to exchange information and improve themselves - not just people who already have the body that our society would dictate as attractive. Perhaps berating members who are working hard but aren't quite there yet isn't the best course of action.