PDA

View Full Version : In season bulking

235orbust
09-16-2006, 06:28 PM
I am currently in football season right now. I am trying to bulk but I am currently trying to bulk but I am having trouble keeping my weight up, ive acually lost 7 pounds since the season started. Over the last week ive rededicated my diet and training and gained back about 3 pounds. My question is, with all the wear and tear of football, is it possible to see any real gains during the season, or are the gains i get going to be so small i would just be better off saving my body for football and football alone. And if you can, any tips would be appriciated

droman
09-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Well yeah it is possible to see gains in weight and you should be doing some lifting anyway to keep up(maintaining) your strength. So when the season finishes you'll be ready to get stronger since you maintained that strength from the past offseason. I think you should be taking in any food you can during the season since your body really does get worn down from practice everyday, lifting, conditoning and games. If you need an idea of what type of lifting you sould be doing during the season just ask.

235orbust
09-17-2006, 01:14 PM
no my lifting regimen is pretty good, the thing is tho, when football is over, i go into basketball season, then track, then summer basketball, so in reality the only break i will get is next summer. Would i get better gains during basketball season because it is not as physical a sport? It would still be a lot of cardio tho..

Ricky Bobby
09-17-2006, 02:39 PM
You will have trouble gaining weight during basketball also. your 17 and active which is good but it is really difficult to bulk under these conditions. You are going to need to find out how many cal you need to maintain and then add some more cals. Chances are you are going to need to take in massive amounts of food. Good luck!