PDA

View Full Version : Lumberjack

Sensei
09-16-2006, 08:50 PM
This was posted at a different forum and I figured the members here would appreciated it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO_tNcnSvqI

Definately a powerful athlete.

Bob
09-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Sensei.. u are so correct! I grew up in a farm town that use to hold the NYS Lumberjack championships..
http://www.starinfo.com/woodsmen/index.html
For a week a year, the lumberjack would come down and compete.. none of them were "out-of-shape", they were all strong.. and they could drink a lot of beer. Our little town was quite happy when they came.. spent their money.. and left.

The competitions were amazing.. how they could swing an axe with ease. Hold 150 lb chainsaws in one hand.. balance on single boards 20 ft in the air while chopping... throwing axes.. and spinning on logs.

Our next door neighbor use to house Lumberjacks during the competition.. I remember this one guys who came every year.. stood about 5ft4inches.. shorter then me.. and was the first person I ever saw who could pull apart a chain link with his hands.

Thanks for the memories..

Anthony
09-18-2006, 06:10 AM
I watched this on TSN the other day and they are insane!!

Clifford Gillmore
09-18-2006, 06:46 AM
I like how the last blow just shatters the block, thats raw power. Core must be insane!

MixmasterNash
09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
It's hard to comprehend how big some of these lumberjacks are.

250lbs isn't uncommon. Definately football lineman size. And you should see the men!

djreef
09-18-2006, 09:45 AM
That boy was lumberjacked!

DJ

tomv
12-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Happy to say that the best lumberjack of all time was an australian guy =D

Michael... michael someone. (I think). He was my idol when i was a kid lol.

I'm going to do some woodchopping for gpp this week actually, just gotta find an axe around. Not sure whether or not I will bother to have it sharpened as to me it doesn't really matter whether or not i chop down the tree, so long as i get a good excercise out of it!

tomv
12-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Apologies, his name is David Foster. This guy doesn't look *that* strong but man I bet the trees all shiver when he walks through the bush!

PhilDownUnder
01-26-2007, 10:47 PM
250lbs isn't uncommon. Definately football lineman size. And you should see the men!

lol...

did no one else find that hilarious?

FortifiedIron
01-26-2007, 11:22 PM
lol...

did no one else find that hilarious?

LOL yeah

Kc