PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Nitrean arrives!!!

Joe Black
09-18-2006, 04:10 PM
We are pleased to announce that we have an addition to the Nitrean family - Strawberry!!!

For more information see here - http://atlargenutrition.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=56

Thanks!

Daniel

JustinF
09-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Awesome. Just placed my order, can't wait to try it.

DoUgL@S
09-18-2006, 05:22 PM
YAY! Variety is the spice of life. I must get home and determine what will accompany the strawberry. :)

KingWilder
09-18-2006, 05:34 PM
wonderful...now I just need to get a job so I can buy some haha

piff
09-18-2006, 06:27 PM
wonderful...now I just need to get a job so I can buy some haha

Haha, ain't that the truth!

malkore
09-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Daniel,

have you thought about selecting maybe 10 forum members, and mail them 2 servings of strawberry so they could taste it in water and milk, and then come back with a review?

i'm sure its good stuff since the vanilla and choc are wicked good, but unbiased customer reviews are great.

(and yes, I'm still trying to get a free sample :) )

DoUgL@S
09-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Just ordered some. I'll post a review if you wish. With their track record I think it will probably be THE best tasting strawberry or pretty damn close.

PM me your address, I'll send you a free sample. :)

chris mason
09-19-2006, 03:48 PM
We will see how everyone else likes it but I LOVE it! I like it better than the chocolate.

Chris

Holto
09-19-2006, 08:01 PM
We will see how everyone else likes it but I LOVE it! I like it better than the chocolate.

Chris

Just curious how long the testing and everything took for the strawberry?

PhilsterT
09-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Not long enough because I havn't tried it yet.

chris mason
09-20-2006, 05:45 AM
Just curious how long the testing and everything took for the strawberry?

Not too long actually. We have some very good folks on the payroll who know how to handle the flavoring aspect.

silverstar
09-20-2006, 01:48 PM
hey Chris thats great, will you be having it in the Opticen too and if so how soon?

chris mason
09-20-2006, 02:34 PM
hey Chris thats great, will you be having it in the Opticen too and if so how soon?

No current plans to do it with Opticen.

Chris

LouPac
09-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Can't wait to try the strawberry! For the record I'll have you guys know that my wife is a fan of Nitrean, and she NEVER liked any other kind of protein shakes.

JustinF
09-22-2006, 05:55 AM
It's a tie for me with the chocolate. (taste-wise) I love them both though. Great job Chris and Dan!!

RBB
09-22-2006, 02:14 PM
No current plans to do it with Opticen.

Chris
that's too bad. i'd love to see some strawberry opticen as well. i'm sure a lot of others would too.

VikingWarlord
09-24-2006, 09:29 AM
This was just in time for an order. How convenient!

malkore
09-25-2006, 06:51 PM
well, here's my verdict:

with dextrose added for PWO meal, strawberry is awesome. it tastes just like nestle strawberry quik.

without the dextrose, it was a very light strawberry, not fake, not overpowering. better than the couple of 'berry' type flavors I tried from other brands.

it would also be hella good during workout if you do Berardi's .4g carbs / .2g protein shake for cutting.

nice work guys.

Joe Black
09-26-2006, 01:29 AM
Thanks malkore, we appreciate the review!

chris mason
09-26-2006, 05:24 AM
well, here's my verdict:

with dextrose added for PWO meal, strawberry is awesome. it tastes just like nestle strawberry quik.

without the dextrose, it was a very light strawberry, not fake, not overpowering. better than the couple of 'berry' type flavors I tried from other brands.

it would also be hella good during workout if you do Berardi's .4g carbs / .2g protein shake for cutting.

nice work guys.

I agree, it is a nice, smooth flavor. Too many companies overdo strawberry. Thanks for your thoughts.

VikingWarlord
09-28-2006, 01:03 PM
I got my order the other day and just had my first Strawberry. It's not at all what I was expecting. It didn't smell artificial and chemical like so much other strawberry flavoring. Just took a scoop in 8oz of skim milk and I'm impressed. The flavoring was just perfect.

Whoever you've got in the flavoring department needs a raise.

RedSpikeyThing
10-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Has anyone tried a scoop of chocolate with a scoop of strawberry? When I order some more, that's the first thing I'm going to be doing!

EDIT: You should have a promo sale for a variety pack - one of each flavour.

chris mason
10-02-2006, 01:24 PM
I got my order the other day and just had my first Strawberry. It's not at all what I was expecting. It didn't smell artificial and chemical like so much other strawberry flavoring. Just took a scoop in 8oz of skim milk and I'm impressed. The flavoring was just perfect.

Whoever you've got in the flavoring department needs a raise.

It is good, eh? Kind of subtle and smooth.

Chris

HahnB
10-04-2006, 03:08 PM
This stuff is great, it kinda smells like a captain crunch or something else I can' put my finger on when I drink it. I put a half teaspoon of stawberry syrup in with it and it's amazing. 3 scoops of this, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of natural pb and 3 cups of milk and it goes down so good.

Alex.V
10-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Damn. It's good. Even with just skim milk.

FREAKZILLA
10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
I am going to be orderig the fat stack, with Strawberry. This will be my first time using Atlarge so I am a little excieted :thumbup:

chris mason
10-17-2006, 05:48 PM
I am going to be orderig the fat stack, with Strawberry. This will be my first time using Atlarge so I am a little excieted :thumbup:

Us too! Excited! :strong:

chris mason
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM

..and it makes you able to pull 700 lbs!

:strong:

Alex.V
10-20-2006, 08:08 AM
lol. True dat. :D

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-20-2006, 11:18 PM
That's it! I'm going to buy the strawberry flavor!

Mercuryblade
10-21-2006, 06:26 PM
How's it taste with water?

chris mason
10-23-2006, 11:44 AM
How's it taste with water?

Excellent! That is the only way I take it.

Hoaxy
11-01-2006, 08:32 PM
I got this stuff today and it tastes ok. Compared to Whey the taste is unbelievably good.

chris mason
11-02-2006, 05:39 AM
I got this stuff today and it tastes ok. Compared to Whey the taste is unbelievably good.

:strong:

Thank you!

Anthony
11-02-2006, 05:49 AM
I forgot to post this, but I agree with everyone else - the strawberry is awesome! I usually don't like anything other than chocolate/vanilla, but Chris & Dan pulled this off big time!

Mercuryblade
11-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Strawberry taste isn't overwhelming which is good, sometimes my stomach gets a little wierd from my meds after working out, definately one of the best whey proteins I've tried. Tastes really really good if you add strawberry syrup, and a banana.

Unreal
11-06-2006, 07:43 AM
The strawberry is amazing. Best flavour so far. Next order just maybe tons of strawberry.

chris mason
11-06-2006, 08:09 AM
The strawberry is amazing. Best flavour so far. Next order just maybe tons of strawberry.

I actually agree. It is my personal choice.

Focused70
11-13-2006, 03:41 PM
I just want to say that I was skeptical of the strawberry being better than other fruit-flavored whey I've experienced in the past.

...until I ordered a tub to see for myself.

Strawberry Nitrean is the shiznit! It's like a bowl of strawberries and cream in a glass.

Spamwise approves. ;)

chris mason
11-13-2006, 06:31 PM
:clap:

imageD
11-14-2006, 06:42 PM
I am a big fan of the strawberry flavor. Very good.

The vanilla on the other hand I have tried for the first time is not so good. Definitely will steer clear of that next time.

Mind you I mix only in water, so it may taste better with milk :cool:

chris mason
11-14-2006, 07:37 PM
I am a big fan of the strawberry flavor. Very good.

The vanilla on the other hand I have tried for the first time is not so good. Definitely will steer clear of that next time.

Mind you I mix only in water, so it may taste better with milk :cool:

Thanks for posting your opinon (good and bad). We have MANY customers who think the vanilla is the best ever. Taste is a subjective thing but we have been lucky enough to sell flavors that appeal to the vast majority of people.

Chris

Beast
12-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Yep, the strawberry is excellent. Tastes very good with milk.

I like strawberry the most by far! It seems to mix easier than chocolate.

Bob
12-06-2006, 07:06 PM
I got my first strawberry yesterday.. and I have to say it tastes good.. not as great as the chocolate.. but more then good enough to drink & enjoy.

In fact, I think it tastes exactly like McDonalds Strawberry Shakes.. lol. Which I guess could be a selling point. lol

Thanks again Chris & Daniel.. good job.. now for a Gatorade-ish Berry flavor!

WildJames
12-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Once this vanilla runs out I'll be buying all 3 at once, lol

feardaram
12-07-2006, 07:40 AM
i ordered some strawberry about a week ago, hoping for a nice change of pace from the chocolate!

DarkSmurf
12-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Just got my shipment of the strawberry and already cant wait to mix it up with some milk. The thought of a strawberry flavored McDonalds shake in my mouth makes me drool.

Pete

DarkSmurf
12-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Good stuff. I just downed two servings with some milk. Great job Chris and everyone else at ALN. :thumbup:

chris mason
12-11-2006, 05:41 AM
Good stuff. I just downed two servings with some milk. Great job Chris and everyone else at ALN. :thumbup:

Thanks for buying it and expressing your opinion here!

Chris

Cirino83
12-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Just got and tried the Strawberry Nitrean. It tasted good but IMO chocolate still takes the prize. Chocolate Nitrean with milk tastes like a chocolate chip frappe....

Fearsome Bobcat
12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
I've got some strawberry Nitrean and I like it. It's great in a blender with a banana, some water and a few ice cubes. For a little variety, I'll sometimes shake up a scoop of strawberry and a scoop of vanilla with some cold water--that combination is good, too.

KingWilder
12-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Strawberry tastes pretty good...it doesn't seem to mix as well as the Chocolate though

chris mason
12-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Strawberry tastes pretty good...it doesn't seem to mix as well as the Chocolate though

Really? I had not noticed that. Perhaps your batch was a one-off deal with the mixability.

Chris

KingWilder
12-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Really? I had not noticed that. Perhaps your batch was a one-off deal with the mixability.

Chris

haha maybe

I even used a blender, it just tasted really chalky and not smooth like the chocolate

chris mason
12-21-2006, 07:38 PM
haha maybe

I even used a blender, it just tasted really chalky and not smooth like the chocolate

Hmmm, I would say you definitely got an off batch if that is the case.

Chaos229
12-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Glad to hear the strawberry is getting such great reviews, about to order some as soon as i'm done typing this message. Making sure to take advantage of the xmas present discount. I was hesitant to try it because I think I must be the only person who doesn't like the taste of the chocolate. In either water or milk still have the tub 3/4's full. That's why i'm hoping the strawberry will be great. Will give my review as soon as I receive it.

chris mason
12-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Glad to hear the strawberry is getting such great reviews, about to order some as soon as i'm done typing this message. Making sure to take advantage of the xmas present discount. I was hesitant to try it because I think I must be the only person who doesn't like the taste of the chocolate. In either water or milk still have the tub 3/4's full. That's why i'm hoping the strawberry will be great. Will give my review as soon as I receive it.

Our chocolate unique and while nealy everyone loves it you simply cannot appeal to every single person. There is no food or beverage in the world everyone likes so no, I am sure you are not the only one.

That said, strawberry is quite different and I am pretty sure you will like it.

Chris

Beast
12-23-2006, 08:28 AM
I've had the opposite experience. The strawberry and vanilla have both mixed better than chocolate.

TwiloMike
01-06-2007, 07:01 PM

Good to know. I just got my shipment of choc and strawberry, hadn't tried the latter yet.

Btw, the "bench tips" insert is great. :) I saw it in the box and thought, "is ALN out with a magazine or something?"

TwiloMike
01-06-2007, 07:02 PM
I've had the opposite experience. The strawberry and vanilla have both mixed better than chocolate.

How the heck are people mixing these things? I throw it in a shaker and shake for dear life... for some time. Always mixes great.

Beast
01-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I shaker it too, Mike - always with skim milk. Sometimes I'll add a bit of water to the shake to make mixing the chocolate easier. I've never had the strawberry clump, but the chocolate is thicker.

chris mason
01-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Good to know. I just got my shipment of choc and strawberry, hadn't tried the latter yet.

Btw, the "bench tips" insert is great. :) I saw it in the box and thought, "is ALN out with a magazine or something?"

Awesome! We are glad you like it! We will do more of that in the future.

Chris

KingWilder
01-06-2007, 08:12 PM
How the heck are people mixing these things? I throw it in a shaker and shake for dear life... for some time. Always mixes great.

ummm, a blender

WildJames
01-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I got Strawberry with my Fat Loss stack last week, and I think it tastes great.

TwiloMike
01-09-2007, 08:50 AM
I hate to be the voice of dissent. I got the strawberry Nitrean but I'm not loving it- it's not agreeing with my stomach and the taste is far too bland. :( The taste is very mild, which works for the chocolate, but I expected more punch from the strawberry shake.

chris mason
01-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I hate to be the voice of dissent. I got the strawberry Nitrean but I'm not loving it- it's not agreeing with my stomach and the taste is far too bland. :( The taste is very mild, which works for the chocolate, but I expected more punch from the strawberry shake.

OFFER: I've had it open for 2 days and used 5 level scoops of the Strawberry Nitrean. I'll sell the remainder of the tub to anyone who wants to try it for $30 and I'll eat the shipping charge. If anyone wants to paypal me the money I'll gladly ship it out to them ASAP (in USA only).

I'm not sure I understand the stomach thing as there is no reason it should cause a problem if you don't experience it with our other flavors. On the taste issue I understand as you simply cannot make something everyone loves. I know that just about everyone who has tried it likes it but I know that you cannot please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

Chris

TwiloMike
01-09-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm not sure I understand the stomach thing as there is no reason it should cause a problem if you don't experience it with our other flavors. On the taste issue I understand as you simply cannot make something everyone loves. I know that just about everyone who has tried it likes it but I know that you cannot please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

Chris

The stomach thing may very well be my reaction to whatever flavor is in there: some flavors/preservatives/etc. don't like me. The taste thing, absolutely agree. I took a risk when I ordered it. For the record: the flavor is not offensive in any way... it's just too bland for me.

chris mason
01-10-2007, 07:07 PM
The stomach thing may very well be my reaction to whatever flavor is in there: some flavors/preservatives/etc. don't like me. The taste thing, absolutely agree. I took a risk when I ordered it. For the record: the flavor is not offensive in any way... it's just too bland for me.

Right, that is what I was thinking. PM me when you get a chance.

Chris

motoko013
01-14-2007, 03:30 AM
i just got my strawberry nitrean and i must say i was surprised...when i smelt the shake at first it reminded me of pepto bismol...but when i drank it, it was gooooooooood....better than the chocolate imo

LibertyDante
01-14-2007, 05:56 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Twilo. I recieved Strawberry too and the taste is too bland for me... I do however love Vanilla and will be reordering it next week.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-14-2007, 11:15 AM
I'll try the strawberry and if I don't like it, I'll order the other flavors. But I'm not liking this "bland" thing that people are talking about. I'll just have to try it myself.

chris mason
01-14-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't consider it to be bland, but it is not an overpowering strawberry taste. To me, it is a very smooth flavor which is my personal favorite and the favorite of many who have tried it.

Chris

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I love strawberry, so I'll give it a try soon.

Progress
01-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh my God. This is the best tasting protein blend I've ever had. I thought I liked chocolate Nitrean, but Strawberry is hands down the best. WOW!

I think I'm going to have another scoop just because it tastes so good.

chris mason
01-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh my God. This is the best tasting protein blend I've ever had. I thought I liked chocolate Nitrean, but Strawberry is hands down the best. WOW!

I think I'm going to have another scoop just because it tastes so good.

Awesome! It is my favorite as well!

camaro68
01-30-2007, 02:16 PM
The strawberry is very good. I wish the tast was slightly stronger, but I would rather it be this way than too overpowering.
Mixing a scoop of strawberry and chocolate with a banana is really good.:drooling:

Ti1301
02-04-2007, 02:36 AM
it's pretty good

crazedwombat
02-06-2007, 08:49 AM
well I guess I'll just have to pick this up and buy it... why not? ALN hasnt let me down yet

D Breyer
02-09-2007, 03:51 PM
My order just came in the mail and within minutes of receiving it I whipped up a strawberry shake... hands down the best shake I have ever had. Thanks Atlarge!

chris mason
02-09-2007, 06:52 PM
My order just came in the mail and within minutes of receiving it I whipped up a strawberry shake... hands down the best shake I have ever had. Thanks Atlarge!

Awesome, thank you sir!

crazedwombat
02-12-2007, 01:24 PM
yup, best powder I've ever had and I'm not even a strawberry fan, and you all werent kidding that it tastes as good as nesquik.

Buzzsaw
02-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Got my strawberry Nitrean today and it is tasty as hell! Very happy with this product!

chris mason
02-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Got my strawberry Nitrean today and it is tasty as hell! Very happy with this product!

Good stuff!