PDA

View Full Version : Started WBB #1, Diet question about bulking/getting fat

Raks2004
09-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi,

I've just started WBB #1 and i would also like to get bigger. At the moment i weigh about 150 and i'am 5 ft 11. The thing is i dont want to get overly fat (around the stomach). I know bulking means you will gain mass + fat, and i guess there isnt any way around that. I eat about 1000 calories a day (not much i know) but iam trying to go up to 2500-3000.

My question is If i have a high protein/low carbs/low fat diet, will that make me gain less fat around the stomach when i try to bulk? Assuming the extra protein will go into muscle mass? Not into fat around the stomach... ?

Thanks very much for reading,
Hope you guys can help

Unreal
09-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Extra calories beyond what your body can use for muscle building in excess of your maintence calories will be stored as fat. Doesn't matter if they come from protein, carbs or fat. If you want to minimize fat gains then a very strict diet that is slightly over maintence is how that is achieved.

Holto
09-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Extra calories beyond what your body can use for muscle building in excess of your maintence calories will be stored as fat. Doesn't matter if they come from protein, carbs or fat. If you want to minimize fat gains then a very strict diet that is slightly over maintence is how that is achieved.

Nice post. Very succint.

Raks2004
09-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks very much for your reply Unreal, guess ill have to keep an eye on how much i eat

Powdered_Power
09-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Just make sure you eat as clean as possible on your bulk (ie avoid a diet that consists of KFC and Mcdonalds) while still getting enough cals, fats and protein in.