PDA

View Full Version : On Movement and Mastication - 2 month experiment

Organichu
09-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Here's the deal: I have gone from 270@35+% bf 2 years ago to 184@14% bf a half year ago to 217@18% bf today.

I'm a first year college student in NYC.

I'm too immersed in my studies currently to care all that much how I look in the near future. I'm too busy to plan out intricate meals. I'm too broke to buy supplements or high quality replacements for cafeteria food. I'm too curious not to go through with this now that I've considered it. :)

Three times a day for the next two months I will be eating the same meal:

Green salad with tuna, three egg whites, a small handful of shredded cheese, and a dab of mayo.

The macro works out to roughly 1530 calories per day, of which 45+% is protein, 45+% is fat, and <10% is carb.

This will of course be fine tuned when I start to feel like crap from no carbs, but this is the basic template. I'm assuming I'll take out the mayo eventually, once I feel confident enough that I won't vomit from plain tuna, and I'll probably throw carbs in with the first salad eventually (as I lift in the morning). I'm going to be drinking water exclusively, maybe with some diet soda if I cave in. No sugar, though, ever.

I will lift regularly, also- hard.

My current 1RM'es are:

Flat BB Bench: 255 lbs
Barbell squat, below parallel though not quite ATF: 305 lbs
Deadlift, mixed grip: 415 lbs

Disclaimer: not meant to be a smart or well planned diet!!! I'm curious and frankly would like to see if my body runs as well w/o carbs as I've been led to believe. If I lose muscle far too quickly for my liking, I'll concede and bow out. This is an experiment- one that I acknowledge as ******ed. :)

Eszekial
09-20-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm the other way around, i care too much about my looks to worry about how well i did in school in its stead.

Also, just going to put this out there.. Good luck ever getting an erection again. Your metabolism is going to crash hard on 1500 a day. Bump that up to 1900.

Organichu
09-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Also, just going to put this out there.. Good luck ever getting an erection again. Your metabolism is going to crash hard on 1500 a day. Bump that up to 1900.

I've done 800 calories/day for 5 weeks in the past before my metabolism started to bomb.

Eszekial
09-20-2006, 03:48 PM
I've done 800 calories/day for 5 weeks in the past before my metabolism started to bomb.

About a month of 1200-1400 a day and i lost my erection for like 3 weeks. Scariest **** ever.

Patz
09-20-2006, 06:31 PM
You my homey, but I don't see it lasting. You're not as motivated by being grossly obese and disgusting now...lol

But good luck! I still say just eat normally and bust ass in the gym!

Patz
09-20-2006, 06:32 PM
About a month of 1200-1400 a day and i lost my erection for like 3 weeks. Scariest **** ever.

I didn't lose it, but my body definitely wasn't "feelin'" it when I was on PSMF.

MixmasterNash
09-20-2006, 06:36 PM
You guys are crazy. I'm carb loading now to compensate for all of you. But I appreciate the classical science approach of self-experimentation, and I raise a large glass of Imperial IPA in your honor.

Organichu
09-20-2006, 06:38 PM
You guys are crazy. I'm carb loading now to compensate for all of you. But I appreciate the classical science approach of self-experimentation, and I raise a large glass of Imperial IPA in your honor.

My ultimate goal is to be in ketosis for so long that I grow an arm out of some strange, shadowy part of my body. Say, the back of my knee cap. Or my vagina.

I feel like the Lizard doctor guy from Spiderman.

ArchAngel777
09-20-2006, 09:34 PM

That has never happened to me. I can only recall one time I couldn't get one and that was because of the honeymoon... Holy crap, I had to litterally tell my wife I am not a machine (seriously). Good times...

Hey, don't mean to go off topic. Sounds like a good journal Organichu... Hope it works out!

ArchAngel777
09-20-2006, 09:36 PM
My ultimate goal is to be in ketosis for so long that I grow an arm out of some strange, shadowy part of my body. Say, the back of my knee cap. Or my vagina.

I feel like the Lizard doctor guy from Spiderman.

SH!T!!! Please tell me I misread that... Plan to grow and arm out of your vagina? And you are a guy? Speachless...

Organichu
09-20-2006, 11:31 PM
SH!T!!! Please tell me I misread that... Plan to grow and arm out of your vagina? And you are a guy? Speachless...

Mission accomplished, then. :D

Organichu
09-21-2006, 08:46 PM
The first day was completely uneventful. I had the precise foods expected, and weighed in at 218.4 lbs.

Workout:

Chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press : 195x6, 215x4
Low Incline Dumbbell Press : 95x5, 125x1 (this last set kicked ass)

Back

Chin ups : BWx7, BWx9, BWx5
Deadlifts : 365x4, 395x2
Barbell Rows : 175x3, 160x2 (hurt something, maybe)
Shrugs : 385x10

deeder
09-21-2006, 09:21 PM
I am scared for you Organichu :p

I can't say I'd ever do it... One thing comes to mind. Scurvey. And whatever other deficiencies you can think of. I hope you're taking multis and all that kind of ****. You need to think beyond just calories and macros.

Organichu
09-21-2006, 09:30 PM
I am scared for you Organichu :p

I can't say I'd ever do it... One thing comes to mind. Scurvey. And whatever other deficiencies you can think of. I hope you're taking multis and all that kind of ****. You need to think beyond just calories and macros.

Yes, I don't really consider vitamins and things of the sort to be supplements... I always take fiber, vitamin C, etc. etc. regardless of my diet.

Organichu
09-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Day 2

OFF day, exercise wise.

Diet was perfect. I had about 130 ounces of water, also.

Weight at 217.6.

McIrish
09-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Hey Organichu, just curious - not worried about the cumulative effects of ingesting so much mercury for two months straight? :) A guy at your weight should be able to have 3-4 cans weekly with no problem, but isn't any more than that pushing it? (Note: I pulled those #'s out of nowhere as a rough estimate)

Organichu
09-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Hey Organichu, just curious - not worried about the cumulative effects of ingesting so much mercury for two months straight? :) A guy at your weight should be able to have 3-4 cans weekly with no problem, but isn't any more than that pushing it? (Note: I pulled those #'s out of nowhere as a rough estimate)

Someone's brought that up to me before, and the answer is- no, I'm not really worried. Occasionally I'll be switching out with chicken salad (just in case) which has a very, very comparable nutritional value

Sidior
09-23-2006, 12:50 AM
good luck with the experiment bro, sounds like an interesting idea

Organichu
09-23-2006, 01:31 AM
mother****ing bull****

It's 3 AM and I'm just walking around in my dormroom, and I ****ing stumble somehow and **** up my goddamned ankle. It's so SWOLLEN, i've never had such immediate and severe swelling anywhere on my body.

I don't even know where the medical center is on campus... I have ice on it, this freaking sucks.

This hurts far more than a simple ankle turn... I really hope I did not seriously sprain my ankle.

Organichu
09-24-2006, 05:07 PM
I was really, really tired and cranky when that happened, so I overreacted lol. It wasn't THAT bad. I had a scheduled Lindy Hop lesson for Saturday, so I gingerly tailed it into Manhattan and managed to pull it together somewhat.

Day 3

Diet was spot on. I had some croutons because of the swing dancing.

Legs

Squats (nearly ATF): 255x5, 285x2
Straight Legged Deadlifts : 365x6, 405x3
Some calve crap, and that was all she wrote.

Day 4
Off

Today was an off day, and the diet was once more perfect. Today's weight is 215.1.

Organichu
09-25-2006, 12:16 AM
So I finally hit a 1,000 lb total. Sweet.

My parallel squat is a solid 60 lbs more than my ATF, so yup... topping 1,000.

I'm damned satisfied.

Organichu
09-29-2006, 09:57 AM
This was really dumb, I don't know why I did it in the first place lol. I suppose I was bored. Excuse my jerkiness.

Back to bulking, I guess.

I'm 214 @ around 16 or 17 %.

Sidior
09-29-2006, 11:01 AM
1000 big three is awesome man, congrats!