PDA

View Full Version : Surgery's over now I need help getting back to the gym

The Great
09-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Ok so hereís the story, I had knee surgery about 2 months ago and since then I havenít been able to move to much so I obviously havenít been working out as much as I need to and I have also been eating out a lot with my friends and ordering in because I canít carry groceries up 3 flights of stairs with out my knee giving out. Finally my Doc gave me the green light to start doing light workouts; elliptical, water workouts, walking on treadmills and things like that but I canít seem to motivate my self to do them. I do the exercises he told me to for my knee but I canít get back in the swing of things. I have been eating healthy but not as healthy as before and I for some reason canít get excited about the gym. I think I am afraid of hurting my knee or something. I have tried looking at picís of the greats that used to make me want to jump into the gym but they arenít doing it for me anymore. Oh well has this ever happened to any of you? I guess let me know how you got re inspired. Please donít bash me with comments like ďSuck it upí and crap like that I know I have to and I have been forcing my self to get this stuff done but I just want that spark back that I used to get when ever anyone mentioned working out.

Thanks for reading

Powdered_Power
09-21-2006, 04:31 AM
I think the spark will only come back as soon as you actually get into the gym, start to gain back some of the muscle lost during your long recuperation.

TheGame
09-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Good luck, it will come back, I just started back again after a two year break. It took about maybe a week before I felt the spark again.

WBBIRL
09-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Takeing any (unplanned) time off will wreak havoc on your motivation.

Do you have any pictures of what you looked like before the knee injury? If so compare them to what you see in the mirror now and decide which you like better.

And think of it this way, the stronger you become and the lighter you become will make the chance of reinjuring that knee less and less. Im sure you lost some strength and gained some weight, both bad things for any injury like this.

Tel0004
12-22-2006, 09:54 PM
I see you live in Cincinnati. I'm also from Cincinnati. Maybe we could both go to the gym sometime together and get us both motivated.