PDA

View Full Version : chocolate milk?

one_man_gang
09-22-2006, 03:55 PM
alot of ppl have been telling me to just drink chocolate milk after working out instead of a protein shake because they tell me that it has enough protein in it to drink after a workout, im talking about like a 1% or 2% 500mL carton of it. is chocolate milk good or bad for sum1 who works out? considering the amount of fat, sugar n calories it contains.

Steele
09-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Only if you won't be eating for the next few hours.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=109

+ i think Berardi's theory that avoiding meals high in carbs/fat has definitely got something to it. Can't think of any natural occuring foodstuff that has both in high amounts, barring possibly nuts.

-Steele

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-22-2006, 07:13 PM
What is with this Berardi talk? I just read his name in like the last 5 threads. Is it National Berardi Day or something?

MagnaSephiroth
09-22-2006, 07:29 PM
What is with this Berardi talk? I just read his name in like the last 5 threads. Is it National Berardi Day or something?
:withstupi did he suddenly become famous?

Holto
09-22-2006, 07:38 PM
+ i think Berardi's theory that avoiding meals high in carbs/fat has definitely got something to it.

Don't waste your time.

Steele
09-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Well, unless there is a scientific study outlining partioning when consuming foods high in carbs/fats i think it's a pretty good guideline. Why would you say otherwise? And for all sCaRz's criticisms that i see on the forums, he never seems to display any scientific knowledge. Either he's not letting on, or ._.

-Steele

TheGimp
09-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Why would you say otherwise?

The fact is that fat delays gastric emptying thereby blunting any insulin response to the carbs.

This would be even more pronounced in the case of (chocolate) milk due to the casein content creating a clot in the stomach.