PDA

View Full Version : What will the following Martial Arts workout to to my body?

Reala
09-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Okay, basically I have a fight in Febuary, I am looking to train myself to the max and get a lot stronger and tone my body so there is very little fat.

Kickboxing:

Sunday: 2pm - 4pm
Monday: 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Tuesday: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday: 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Thursday: 7pm - 9pm

Gym work:

Sunday: Back
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Shoulders
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Biceps/Triceps

Cardio:

Not sure what time / day yet, but going to through in 2/3 sessions of 30 minutes HIIT or at least hardish cardio, followed by some light swimming.

Rest: Friday & Saturday

If any one can comment constructivly, that would be great. I will probably be near dead after 2 weeks, but it after a month I think I will be getting a lot stronger and my cardio should be on the up. I want to get into the ring in Febuary and not get tired and stay strong through the whole fight.

Reala
09-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Should have posted diet, I am drinking around 3/4 litres of water a day, which I think is pretty important for this routine.

I am eating around 2000 calories a day, which is because I have just come off a 1600 calory a day diet I was on for around three months (I lost around 28 pounds). I still want to shed about 6% body fat by Febuary and gain around 5%-10% lean mass.

I am not really sure if I should be eating more calories or less, so maybe some of you guys can suggest to me :)

I have a lot of meal replacment shakes / creatine - but I don't want to start taking that yet... but if you guys think I should take it now / never please also add that comment :)

Built
09-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Reala, what's your planned lifting routine? Do you think a bodypart split is wise given your goals?

Reala
09-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Well built, I am not sure, but I didn't know if I would be able to keep up a full body workout 5 days a week with all the other stuff I am doing?

I was going to give 3 sets of 8 reps a shot, going through about 5 machines on each one. I am not really a fan of free weights, but was gonna use them for shoulders.

What routine would you recommend instead Built? I am open to suggestions B)

Built
09-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Well, I don't know why you're training five days a week at all, and arms don't need their own day.

Have you tried baby got back?

Maki Riddington
09-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Training like a bodybuilder for a sport that requires you to function using your entire body does not make sense.

Train hard in the ring, get some full body workouts in or an upper/lower split going and throw in some conditioning circuits and you'll be in great shape for the fight.

Dinosaur
09-24-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm a martial artist myself, and the best for us is a full body routine 2-3x a week and no more. You use your whole body to kickbox, so why train it independently? Besides, the less time you're in the gym lifting weights, the more time you'll have to work on your standup skills.

Reala
09-25-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the advice, Any one got a routine they use they wish to post?

Roddy
09-25-2006, 10:41 PM
WBB1 :alcoholic