PDA

View Full Version : Better Gains if I Work-out in the Morning? (this is Diet-Related)

SwoleSam
09-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Maybe this is too simple of a question ... anyway here it goes:

Would I make better (read faster) gains if I workout in the morning? My reasoning is that this leaves me with the next 12 hours or so to eat.

If I work out at night, I have time for one or two meals and then I go to bed and fast for 7-8 hours. Hence I wouldn't get as many nutrients prior to sleeping.

Any thoughts? I currently workout at nights since it fits my schedule better. This is mostly a curiosity, but I am still open to ideas. Thanks in advance.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-24-2006, 12:51 AM
It doesn't matter what time of day you work out as long as your diet is in check. And if you eat an hour or so before bed, you're getting sufficient nutrients before you sleep. Just make sure you eat plenty during the day and get a good bedtime meal.

darkdan
09-24-2006, 09:21 AM
I've seen studies where they claim it's better to work out in the morning. Your testosterone is naturally higher. You circulation will be higher throughout the day to bring in nutrients and expell wastes.

Of course, your CNS isn't "awake" until a few hours after you've been away. By that time I've already been at work for 3 hours. I suppose if my schedule were different I'd try it.

However, I'm sure there's been studies that show working out later is better for you.

Al3X
09-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Eat clean, and well. Train hard, and heavy. Rest needs to follow. Makes no sense trying to decypher if results will be greater am versus pm. What does make sense is trying to find out what will yield best results, while doing this you could be applying yourself gaining more knowledge on dieting, rest, positive exercises for maximum growth.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-24-2006, 01:50 PM
I've seen studies where they claim it's better to work out in the morning.Then why don't you go ahead and post these 'studies'? Make sure they're from a peer-reviewd scientific journal.

piff
09-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I always feel like I have more energy and feel better throughout the day when I work out first thing in the morning. That's just my personal preference, though. As others have said, I doubt you'll see any difference in gains

Natetaco
09-24-2006, 07:20 PM
i hate working out in the morning, i feel sluggish and i havent had a meal so i feel like i dont have any energy, i much rather prefer working out mid afternoon after iv eaten.

darkdan
09-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Then why don't you go ahead and post these 'studies'? Make sure they're from a peer-reviewd scientific journal.

Nope sorry. I read it most likely over a year ago and paid little attention to it.

It doesn't apply to me because there's no way I'm getting up any earlier or feeling strong enough to lift anything pre-10 am.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Nope sorry. I read it most likely over a year ago and paid little attention to it.Then don't bring it up.