PDA

View Full Version : Daily bulking and cutting

teenathlete3030
09-24-2006, 09:05 AM
With conventional bulking and cutting you bulk for a series of weeks (and look bulky) and then cut and look defined. What if you stay at basicly the same weight (plus or minus 5 pounds) and gain weight for a couple days, and then lose for a couple days, and back and forth.

Is this the closest thing to gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time?

Al3X
09-24-2006, 09:43 AM
I'd think it would damper your results. Bulking a week, and then cutting a week. Your body needs a few days to understand what you're doing. So I would think your body would actually bulk 2-3 days, and cut the same amount. Other than that, by the time your body understands what your doing, not muscle has been added.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-24-2006, 01:53 PM
With conventional bulking and cutting you bulk for a series of weeks (and look bulky) and then cut and look defined. What if you stay at basicly the same weight (plus or minus 5 pounds) and gain weight for a couple days, and then lose for a couple days, and back and forth.

Is this the closest thing to gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time?No, that's possibly the most pointless thing you could ever do. And this certainly isn't a method for achieving body recomposition. If you're worried about fat gain, you should do a slow, clean bulk. You will gain muscle and minimal fat. It will take longer to put on muscle, however, so the choice is yours.

Davidelmo
09-24-2006, 02:10 PM
This principle is used by Lyle Macdonald in his body recomp books.

But the diet is extreme and not reccommended for everyone. You have to be fairly lean in the first place for it to work. I wouldn't try it without reading the book and following it exactly.

Holto
09-24-2006, 02:37 PM
teenathlete3030:

Looking at your stats and quessing your age I would say that you will be able to bulk and gain a favourable amount of fat/muscle.

You must count cals on a bulk to minimize fat.

teenathlete3030
09-27-2006, 05:29 AM
Ok, thanks for the replies. I was just wondering since my body seems to gain about 50-50 for fat and muscle, at least the last bulk. I suppose I could get a cleaner, more controlled bulk, and that would work a little better than my "eat everything in sight" craze.

I have dropped about 1% while staying at the same weight though, but it took a couple weeks, and since everyone else my grade is about 170, I should probably consider a bulk, then cut for track.

~LV~
09-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Ok, thanks for the replies. I was just wondering since my body seems to gain about 50-50 for fat and muscle, at least the last bulk. I suppose I could get a cleaner, more controlled bulk, and that would work a little better than my "eat everything in sight" craze.

I have dropped about 1% while staying at the same weight though, but it took a couple weeks, and since everyone else my grade is about 170, I should probably consider a bulk, then cut for track.
If your gaining that much fat during your bulk you a def doing something wrong. My guess would be eating dirty. A good clean bulking diet combines with the right cardio/weight training routine will produce nice LBM gains with minimal fat gain, if any.