PDA

View Full Version : My quest to get huge.

LiFtHaTiRoN
09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
I have been lifting seriously for about 2 years. Although I have been lifting seriously, I have not been very well educated on weight lifting, nutrition, and supplementation. I get more and more serious about my lifting, diet and dedication every year, as I learn mroe about what I can fix, and imporve on for optimal grwoth. For the past month I have been on SizeOn creatine, which has been working incredibly well, with the strenght gains. I marked today to start a Journal because I have not been growing as much as I was, before summer. (i unintentionally took off most of the summer in vacation) I seem to have hit a plateau. I have always made it a habit of mine to switch up my workouts with different rep schemes, and weights, to keep my muscles guessing. there are some days where I go heavy and do all sets at 8 reps, and other days where I will have a few sets in a certain excersize be at 8 and others be at 10 or 12. About the same time I hit my plateau I realized that I may not be eating often enough, and I may be having large portions of my day that I am catabolic. So now I wake up at around 3a.m. and drink a BCAA shake with 11g BCAA's, and eat halfway through school. I have begun to analyze my diet for this week, I noticed that my fat intake is super high today. Mind you i do not eat ANY junk food. I only began analyzing my diet today.

Here are my macros for the day:

Calories: 3,867
Carbs:448
Protein: 226
FAT:120

My diet consists of:
German Rye
Chicken breast
Pasta gluten free
Whole milk
Yogurt(not fat free)
steak(on occasion)
broccoli
apples
berries
Nuts
Eggs
Whey protein
Casein
Labrada Meal replacement bars
Vegetables
apple juice(on occasion)
All natural cereal
potatoes
Yams
Tuna
cottage cheese
1 gallon water every day

My vitamins:
Cal, mag, Zinc
Vitamin C
Ambrotose
CoQ10
DHA EPA
Omega 3,6,9
CLA
DMAE
Joint supp
Wobenzyme

I have ruled out my creatine as a means of not growing, along with catabolism, workout intensity, and protein intake.

Here are a few specs:
5'10" 165lbs 8-9% bodyfat

Monday- OFF

Teusday-Legs
Squats 4 sets
Leg press 4 sets
Single leg leg extensions 4 sets
Single leg ham curls 4sets
Calf raises to failure 4 sets
Abs to failure

Wednesday- Back
Widegrip pullups- 4 sets of 12
Barbell Row- 4 sets
Dumbell row-4 sets
either lat pulldown or lat row or Tbar row- 4 sets
Dumbell pullovers- 4 sets
abs to failure

Thursday- Chest
Flat Bench- 4 sets
Dumbell bench 4 sets
Incline dumbell bench 5 sets
Pec Flies 4 sets
Pec Deck or incline bench 4 sets
calves to failure 4 sets

Friday- OFF

Saturday- SHoulders
Bent over lateral raises- 4 sets
Military press- 4 sets
front raises- 4 sets
Db shrugs 4 sets
Barbell shrugs 4 sets

Sunday- Arms
Tricep extension- 5 sets
Closegrip bench press- 4 sets
French press, cambered bar- 4 sets
Barbell curls- 4 sets
Preacher curls- 4 sets
Hammer curls- 4 sets
concentration curls- 4 sets
abs to failure

The few questions that I have if anyone is reading this are: Should I be eating more near 600 carbs, and should my fat intake be around 30? Also should I swiths some things around and take my shrugs off of my shoulder workout and add them into my back workout? Any advice, or criticism, will be greatly appreciated. I am looking to compete in a local competition on April 8, 2007.

K1M
09-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Howdy.

Your diet looks good and you should grow on those cals. DO NOT drop you fat to 30g, that would hinder your growth. Try to get about 80g fat, 250-300g protein a day, and fill up the rest of your cals with whatever, probably carbs.

I'm not too keen on your routine - looks like far too much volume, and Chest, shoulders and arms do not need their own invididual days.

How about a push/pull/legs program?

Push
Chest - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Shoulders - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Triceps - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets

Pull
Rows - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Pulldowns/Pullups - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Biceps - whatever

Legs
Quads - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Hams - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Calves - whatever
Abs/Misc - whatever

You could do Pull/Push/Off/Legs/Pull/Off/Off or Pull/Off/Push/Off/Legs/Off/Off, depending your individual ability to recover.

LiFtHaTiRoN
09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Howdy.

Your diet looks good and you should grow on those cals. DO NOT drop you fat to 30g, that would hinder your growth. Try to get about 80g fat, 250-300g protein a day, and fill up the rest of your cals with whatever, probably carbs.

I'm not too keen on your routine - looks like far too much volume, and Chest, shoulders and arms do not need their own invididual days.

How about a push/pull/legs program?

Push
Chest - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Shoulders - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Triceps - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets

Pull
Rows - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Pulldowns/Pullups - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Biceps - whatever

Legs
Quads - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Hams - 2 exercises - 4-6 total sets
Calves - whatever
Abs/Misc - whatever

You could do Pull/Push/Off/Legs/Pull/Off/Off or Pull/Off/Push/Off/Legs/Off/Off, depending your individual ability to recover.

I will try this, it will be an entirely new concept to me though, and take a little bit of getting used to. I have a clarification question. For the 4-6 total sets, what rep range should I keep it in, or should I be messing around with the reps, always changing the reps up, and weight. Or should I just go heavy every workout and stay withing the 8-10 rep range? Thanks a lot for the advice, I will definately be making some serious changes in my workout. Is there any way to rearange the push pull and legs workout, to a 5 day a week schedule, or is that too much. Is it getting to the point of diminishing returns when you workout that often. Is 4 days plenty of time.

mickyjune26
09-25-2006, 09:15 PM
I also like push-pull-legs day. ...but lately it's evolved into strickly a 2-day workout, sticking to just the big lifts (squats, deads, bb bench, bb mil press, bb row, farmer walk, shrugs).

All lifts are 5 sets of 5, working to failure on the last set.
Day 1 - Squats, deads, calf raises, bench
Day 2 - BB row, Cable lat pulldown, seated bb mil press, shrugs, farmer's walk, weighted ab crunches.
Day 3 - rest

Repeat. This may be too much, but I've been increasing my lifts every workout, so I'll keep doing it.

If you work just the heavier lifts more times each week, you'll grow again.

I'm sure your diet is fine, but you may wish to read the articles in my sig. I have found them very useful.

LiFtHaTiRoN
09-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Today I lifted legs, I am going to swith over to a Push, Pull, legs program. Monday-Push
Teusday-Pull
Wednesday- off
Thursday- Legs
Friday- Pull
Sat, Sun- off

My macros for the day:
Calories:2971
Carbs:371
Protein:295
FAT:34

Ok so I know what I did wrong today, I need to raise my fat intake to about 80grams or atleast 70, raise my carbohydrate intake to about 600, and lower my protein intake to about 200. Does that sound more balanced out?

One to lifting, I lifted legs today, and had a few personal records. I squated 215 for 4 sets of 8, and I leg pressed 380 for 4 sets of 8. Tommorro I have an off day, and then thursday I start my push/pull workout routine. I weighed my self last night and I was up to 168lbs, and then I weighed my self this mornig and I was at 164lbs. I am going to buy some fat calipers to test my bodfat percentage about once every week.

My Goals by March,1 2007
MAX:
Bench-275
Squat-300
Leg press- 500
DB Bench- 80lb DB
I dont do deadlifts, they kill my lower back.(lots of pain, bad pain)
Weight-185lbs 8%bodyfat

Max as of Now:
Bench- 210lbs
Leg press- will do next leg day
Squat-will do next leg day
DB bench- will do on next chest day

Measurements as of Now DRY:
Biceps: left-14.5" right-14.75"
Chest:40.5"
Waist: 31"
Thighs:left-23" right-22.5"
Calves:left-14.5 right-14.5

Thanks MickyJune and K1M, that routine looks great, and those articles really helped me Micky June.

K1M
09-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Today I lifted legs, I am going to swith over to a Push, Pull, legs program. Monday-Push
Teusday-Pull
Wednesday- off
Thursday- Legs
Friday- Pull
Sat, Sun- off

This frequency looks good, and you will grow well if you can recover efficiently.

My macros for the day:
Calories:2971
Carbs:371
Protein:295
FAT:34

Up your fat to about 80g. Lower carbs to compensate for the calories if you are already maxed out.

Ok so I know what I did wrong today, I need to raise my fat intake to about 80grams or atleast 70, raise my carbohydrate intake to about 600, and lower my protein intake to about 200. Does that sound more balanced out?

600g carbs is likely to make you very fat. I woudn't do it. I'd keep protein at about 250-300, carbs 300-350 and fat to 70-90. Play around with it.

My comments in bold. Everything else looks sweet.

LiFtHaTiRoN
09-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks alot K1M your comments have helped a lot. Today was my off day, this morning I weighed in at 165.5lbs, and Now at bedtime I weigh 168lbs

Here are my macros for the day:
Calories-3193
Protein-258
Carbs-445
Fat-42

I will work on lowering my carbs and adding about 30-40 grams of fat for tommarro. Thanks a ton K1M. Since I workout at school on Teusdays and thursdays, and the other days at home(I have a smith machine, some dumbells, and barbells) I must have a leg day at school, to utilize the sqat rack, leg press, and other leg machines. The other day that I lift at school does not matter. So I decided to have:

Monday-Pull
Teusday-Legs
Wednesday-Off
Thursday- Push
Friday-Pull
Sat,Sun-Off

Pull day:
Dumbell rows- 3 sets 12 reps
barbell rows-3 sets 6 reps
Lat Pulldowns- 2 sets 6 reps
Widegrip pullups- 4 sets 12 reps
Barbell Curls- 4 sets 6 reps
EZ bar curls- 3 sets 8 reps

Push day:
Flat Bench press- 4 sets 5 reps
Incline bench- 2 sets incline bench 8 reps
Military Press- 2 sets 10 reps
Bent over alteral raises- 3 sets 10
Tricep pressdown- 3 sets 10 reps
Closegrip bench press- 3 sets 8 reps
abs- whatever

Leg day:
Squats- 3 sets 8 reps
Leg press- 3 sets 8 reps
Individual leg ham curls- 4 sets 10 reps
Calve raises to failure
Abs- whatever

K1M
09-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Cool. Everything looks do-able. Good luck! :strong:

mickyjune26
09-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Glad to be of help.

Do you have any specific lift goals?

LiFtHaTiRoN
09-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Yea my lift goals are in one of my other posts on this thread.

LiFtHaTiRoN
09-28-2006, 08:17 PM
This morning I weighed 165.5lbs, and now I weigh 172.0lbs. Great workout today, this new schedule is going to take some time to get used to, I just feel like I am not doing enough for chest, but i will stick to it and stay heavy. Ill see how it will turn out.

My macros for the day:
Calories- 3009
Protein- 272
Carbs- 348
FAT- 59
I am happy with todays macros, I could have a little bit more of protein, and fat, but my carbs came out ok today. tommarro is a pull day, I hope that I can get my workout in tommorro. I am going to Mr.Olympia in Las Vegas this weekend.

I just measured my biceps for the heck of it and my left bicep is about 1/8 of an inch below 15" and my right bicep is 15". I measured them about 5 hours after my workout, so there will be no pump left. maybe I havnt hit a plateau after all.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-02-2006, 09:04 PM
My weight has gone up over time, I am just short of 170, my new goal is to reach 170 by the end of next week, and not put on fat weight. I went to Las Vegas for the Olympia show, and Conventions. The show was amazing, I was ecstatic when I heard Jay Cutlers name called for first, it was almost unreal. The conventions were awesome too, many hot women, and tons of free supps. I bought some supplement that I never would have thought of trying if they had not have been so cheap. Vitargo CGL- 3 10 serving containers, $10. Kre Alkylyn creatine, and 16 days of free samples of the supp, for $10. And protein oats, 2 tubs for $10. The supplement samples are never ending, I had to take another bag home with all of my supplement samples, and tshirts. If you are in Vegas when the olympia is going on, it is worth seeing and the expo is amazing. Anyways, on to the real deal. I have stopped counting my calories, because I have a rough idea of where I need to be, and what I need to eat to achieve my daily macros. I lift tommarro. I have another question, that has never really been addressed. It is more of a curiosity question than anything else. Is it necessary to cycle creatine, for example do 2 months on 3 weeks off, 2 months on, etc? I have heard that creatinine can build up in your liver and be very bad for you, but does 99% of creatine monohydrate really turn into creatinine within minutes of entering your body. I am sure that this question has been asked many times on these forums, but I am just going to ask it one more time.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-03-2006, 06:37 PM
although I did not have any PR's today, I had an awesome leg workout. I will definately be sore tommorrow. My diet is staying in check, and the numbers are going up on the scale at home, My goal of hitting a dry 170 by friday of next week, will be difficult, but I think that it is completely attainable. This morning on an empty stomach I weighed my self at 155.5.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-04-2006, 11:14 PM
today was my off day, I am getting a little bit disscouraged. I weighed in this mornign at 164.5. I think that once I stopped counting my calories I started eating less carbs. maybe I thought that I was going to get fat. My measurements are the same, I think I have just lost fat, but I do not care about fat gain or loss. I am bulking, dieting seems to be easy for me if I need to. In my opinion if I eat a large amount of calories about 3500, 350 carbs, 250-300g protein, and about 80g fat, and keep my weight maintained at a constant 5lbs above what it is on an empty stomach for most of the day, I will gain. So my basic goal is to eat more, and watch my weight to keep it at about 170-172 at night, and after school. I made a deal with my spanish teacher so I can now eat anything I want to in Spanish class. yesterday I brought in an electronic skillet and cooked 6 eggs, and brought in a toaster and made toast. She only laughed.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-05-2006, 09:24 PM
I am more motivated to eat a ton now, for some reason I have gotten the mentality of the clean bulk in my head, and am not afraid of getting fat, I need to grow, and I have to be in surplus of calories. My Push workout today was great, I tried a sample pack of nitrobolics, really great NO boosting product, incredible pump. I weighed in at 155.0lbs this morning. I did have some PR's today. I repped 165lbs on the bench press for 5 sets of 5, and I repped 115 for 5 sets of 5 on the incline bench. My Push day has been modified from what was reccomended, but it is working out great for me.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-06-2006, 06:30 PM
I weighed in at 167 this morning, I have not lifted yet, and my bodyfat percentage has only gone up by a little bit, not significant enough to even mention, I am still around 8% bodyfat. I have not lifted yet, but I will see how it is going, I think I will be able to achieve my goal of 170 by next week.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-08-2006, 02:55 PM
This weekend I have had two off days. I plan on going running tonight. My protein intake is staying at about 250g a day, and my carbs are at about 350 somtimes lowere, but I dont feel like I am growing when I eat any lower than 300. I have been weighing in cosistently for the past 3 days in the morning at 166lbs. and at about 170-172 at night. Due to family situations and schedule, I have not been able to fucus on my training and diet as much as normal. I will try to stay dedicated and consistent regardless.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Tommorro I lift again, it is a pull day, and I will be 100%ready. I bought 3 tubs of Vitargo CGL at the Olympia expo for 10$ total. Has anyone had good results with it, or lead me to a thread of a person who has.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-10-2006, 08:03 PM
I had some personal records today for my leg day, I repped for 4 sets of 8 225lbs on squats. Great workout, was hard to move on to next set though. Just one of those days. Great back workout yesterday, huge pump in my lats, which I never get. My proten and carbs are doing OK, im just haveing a hard time finding ways to try and pack on more carbs and protein throughout the day. I am weighing in at 166 in the morning on an empty stomach.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-17-2006, 05:55 PM
I finally got my squats max and my leg press max after a lot fo time, and I am very impressed with my self I also repped 225 for 4 sets of 10 on the squats, and nothing out of the ordinary on the leg rpess.

Max for legs:
Squats-300lbs
Leg press- 730lbs

I am tryinbg to find out anything that I can fix with my diet right now, because I am convinced that that is the reason why I am not growing, I thnk I need to eat a meal before I work out.

My new diet:
Breakfast- 2 cups cooked or raw oats, and protein shake
snack-MRP bar
Lunch- chicken breast and 5 slices rye bread
afternoon pre workout snack- proein shake, 2 slices bread
after workout- protein shake- 2 cups oatmeal
Dinner- oatmeal and 2 cans tuna
middle night snack- casein shake slice of bread

I am going to stick to this as religiously as possible. our kitchen is being redone, so I cant use anything, we have no oven for two weeks.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-24-2006, 06:22 PM
My diet is saying in check, I am still having trouble getting enough carbs, but I find ways. I am up to 168 on an empty stomach in the morning. my goal was to be at 170 on an empty stomach last week, which I obviously did not achieve, but I am still pleased with my gains. My lifts on the leg press, and squats continues to go up. I squated 235 today, about two months ago I was squating 195. I do 4 sets of 8 usually witha set of 10 for the first set on leg excersizes. Drinking water stopped working for waking me up in the night, if I drink a ton of water before I go to bed, U usually have to get up before im asleep to go to the bathroom, or i just end up holding it all night untill the morning. So I have been setting my alarm, which is a much more difficult solution, and is less natural, thus requiring more energy and will power. I can barely get out of the bed at 6:30 let alone 2:30 in the morning. I will continue to do this because I feel that it is worth the effort. Unless someone can give me a reason not to then I will continue to do what I am doing. I think that my goal of gaining another 10 lbs o solid muscle by April is possible. I want to gain another 10lbs of muscle and get my body fat down to about 5% because I realize that it is unreasonably to get it any lower for an amateur like me, If I could I would, but I dont know enough. I guess my new mission is to become well versed in dieting for a competition. Bulking I know, dieting I dont. Well if anyone still reads this, great, if people dont then thats ok too, I do this for personal reason, to see my gains, and progress.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-25-2006, 06:46 PM
off day today, ate tons, have been eating every two hours, large meals high in protein consistently every day. Ate a ton today

mickyjune26
10-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Lift,
Way to go on the squat increases. 225 for 4 x 10 is impressive.
Have you thought about eating a post-workout carb that can be absorbed faster? I like to use corn sugar, which is made of pure dextrose. For my size, I drink a mixture of 1 liter water + 7 TB corn sugar during the workout...then right after the workout drink 1 liter water + 7 TB corn sugar + 2 servings Optimum Nutrituion protein powder.

Have you read the nutrition links in my signature below?

Keep up the great work!

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks micky june, yea I have read a lot of the nutrition links in ur sig. I thought about using corn sugar, but I just cant get over the idea of just putting straight up sugar into my body in those amounts. I know that I will burn it off. I have recently started placing more importance on my preworkout nutrition. I now try to eat a bowl of oats about an hour before my workout, a large apple right before my workout, and about 25g of whey protein right before my workout. After my workout, since I bought some Vitargo CGL for super cheap at the Olympia expo I have that, which is basically 10g creatine, 60 grams corn starch (sugar). I am sooo close to 170lbs I can taste it. Thanks for the help Micky June.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Great chest workout today, did 4 sets of 10 with 135 on flat bench, 4 sets of 10 with 50lb dumbells on flat bench, and 5 sets of 8 on incline bench with 50lb dumbells, I dont kno how I missed it, but I went right passed my tricep excersizes today. now I feel like such a slacker. All I did was chest today, no tris, no abds, and no calves. If I want to be ready for this competitoon in April I need to step up my game. I am staying as dedicated as possible, but if it takes more, then Ill give more, I weighed myself tonight, and I weigh 172.5, I hope I weigh 170, or close to it tommorro morning, I have been weighing about 168 and 169 for the past few days in the morning, as long as my numbers arent going down im happy.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Im a little bit late on my post here, but anyways. I went to a party at a friends house on Friday night, didnt drink or smoke(I never do). But I did get home late, and felt super tired so I went straight to bed that night. My normal pull day is on friday, but I made it up on Saturday. I was able to do Barbell rows for 4 sets of 8 with 185lbs. I was very impressed with myself. Great workout intensity, my pre workout and post workout nutrition is staying consistent, and seems to be working. Today was an off day, I ate a lot and went on a 10 mile mountain bike ride. I weighed myself this morning at a dissapointing 166, and weighed myself tonight at a reasuring 174, althugh I can attribute atleast 2 lbs of that to water that I drank about 30 minutes prior to weighing, well see what I weigh in at in the morning. Prior to this log, my weight could drop as low as 163lbs in the morning, but now it seems that the lowest it has dropped is 166lbs, So I can only figure that those three pounds are muscle, or fat that I am not noticing. I hope it is the prior. Anyways, thanks again MickyJune for stoping by, those articles always help out, and get me motivated to becom even more dedicated to my lifting and nutrition.

LiFtHaTiRoN
10-31-2006, 11:30 PM
Wow I have not posted ina while. lately I have been really buisy, my diet has been a little bit off for a few days, Im trying my hardest to get it back on track. I never eat any junk foor, by my diet being off, I mean I have not been having proein at every meal, and having 8 meals a day. I seem to have it enough on track to be weighin in at 170lbs in the morning on the scale. In addition, my leg day always is getting better and better. I normally do not do more than 4 sets for squats, but today I did a ton. I did 3 sets of 8 1 set of 10, and two sets of 12 all with the same weight. I have no idea how I was able to rep out that much. My legs were of course dead, but none the less I was amazed. I repped 225lbs for all of my sets, and then went on to do 410lbs on the leg press for 4 sets of 8. 410lbs does not sound impressive, but I go deeper than most on the leg press. touching my knees to my shoulder blades. That is how I feeel the most burn and the biggest stretch. Over all, if im not gaining size, atleast im gaining strenght. I am still having trouble finding a competition sooner than the competition I have in mind for April. I want to do two competitions this year, one around December, or January, and then my planned competition for April 8. I would be doing both competitions to win, but more for the experience.

Built
10-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Okay, just getting caught up here ...

Dextrose isn't the same as sucrose - it's the right sugar for your muscles; it's just glucose. And you don't "burn it off" - you use it. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why you're so concerned with your macronutrient mix. As long as you're getting in over a gram of protein and over half a gram of fat per pound LBM, the rest of your calories can come from whatever you want.

Read Get Built issue 2 - I did a writeup on using dextrose/malto surrounding your workouts.

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Okay, just getting caught up here ...

Dextrose isn't the same as sucrose - it's the right sugar for your muscles; it's just glucose. And you don't "burn it off" - you use it. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why you're so concerned with your macronutrient mix. As long as you're getting in over a gram of protein and over half a gram of fat per pound LBM, the rest of your calories can come from whatever you want.

Read Get Built issue 2 - I did a writeup on using dextrose/malto surrounding your workouts.

ok, thanks for the info Built. The reason why im concerned with my macronutrient mix is that I know that im not getting enough fat, and Im always struggling to get in at minimum 300 carbs a day. Unless I eat yogurt, I dont get fat from anything but my chicken, and tuna, and eggs, or atleast I cant think of anything else that I eat that gets me fat. I realized that the Vitargo CGL creatine that im using I take it after a workuot, and it does have glucose in it in the form of corn starch. I was worried about the glucose, sugar thing, but I did some research and some reading, and I understand the reazoning behind it. You take glucose after a workout to replenish glycogen stores, in order to stop your body from burning fat. Thanks alot Built I will not worry about my macros so much anymore.

Built
11-02-2006, 05:31 PM
ok, thanks for the info Built. The reason why im concerned with my macronutrient mix is that I know that im not getting enough fat, and Im always struggling to get in at minimum 300 carbs a day.

Why is 300 a magic number, and what's wrong with eating nuts, olive oil, butter, egg yolks, avocados ?

Unless I eat yogurt, I dont get fat from anything but my chicken, and tuna, and eggs, or atleast I cant think of anything else that I eat that gets me fat. I realized that the Vitargo CGL creatine that im using I take it after a workuot, and it does have glucose in it in the form of corn starch.
No, not corn starch - corn sugar. Dextrose. D-Glucose. That's fine. Overpriced creatine when it comes premixed with dex, but fine. Next time, just get regular monohydrate, and buy your own dextrose.

I was worried about the glucose, sugar thing, but I did some research and some reading, and I understand the reazoning behind it. You take glucose after a workout to replenish glycogen stores,

No

in order to stop your body from burning fat.

no

Thanks alot Built I will not worry about my macros so much anymore.

That's not why you want glucose post workout. Glycogen replenishment takes much longer, and the "burning fat" thing no.

It's largely to stimulate an insulin response and blunt cortisol.

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-02-2006, 06:35 PM
ok thanks built, in my last post I said "burning fat" I meant muscle, but I guess it doesnt matter. I will try to add more of that in, I just dont normally eat butter, and things with olive oil everyday. I eat eggs on occasion, but mostly I get my protein from whey/casein shakes, chicken, and tuna. I will work on diversifying my meals. I just try to keep my carbs between 300-350 because when I go higher I notice that I add more fat, and it just isnt beneficial to me. Ive found that 300-350 carbs a day is just about the magic number for me with carbs. I use the Vitargo, cuz I got 3 tubs of it at the Mr. Olympia expo for $10. not $10 per tub, $10 for 3. You cant even buy dextrose and creatine mono for cheaper than that, so I figured why not give Vitargo CGL a chance.

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Ok because of my acne on my chest and back I am going to try this three day fast that an accupuncturist reccomended. It is not a complete fast, because I do drink a shake called Ultra Cleanse, which I drink 5 times a day and it has about 150 calories 15 carbs and 20 grams of protein. I retreat from everything during these three days, I dont watch tv, lift, run, or do any activity. I nap often, and do nothing basically. The reasoning behind this is this: Your body is getting all of the nutrients it needs, vitamins and minerals atleast, which allows your liver to still work at full speed, while you are burning fat and flushing out those toxens as well. I drink plenty of water already, so I will continue to drink my gallon a day while on this fast. the fast is officially over on Sunday night.I have already purchased the supplement to take on this fast, it begins tommorro. Input would be great. thanks

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-02-2006, 09:58 PM
ok tonight I weigh 172.5, the numbers are going, up, I dont think its fat, but I cant be sure yet, I think by just looking at mysef I am at about 9 or 10%. I will buy some fat calipers soon. I did not lift today, because of the fast that I am doing that starts tommorro and I did not want to worry about my body having to repair itself while on about 750 calories a day. The acupuncturist is probably one of the smartest people I have ever met in my entire life, or atleast he has a large vocabulary. I hope its the first one. He knows what he is talking about, so I trust him. I will do this fast for 3 days, and then return to my normal eating and lifting habits by Monday. I will continue to post throughout my weekend to tell my weight. I have a feeling I will drop down to the low 160's maybe around 163, 164, I doubt I will go any lower than that.

Let me update some measurements:
Arms- 15" both
Forearms- left-12.5" right-12"
Waist- 31"
Chest- 42"
Quads- 23" both
Calves- left- 14.75" right- 14.5"

All of these measurements are dry, without a pump.

I glad to see that my arms have gotten larger, but I am dissapointed to see that my calves and quads have not really grown. I would have expected more growth out of them. I am up to 225lbs for 4 sets of 12 on the squats, and when I started my routine back up at the beginning of the school year after summer, I was at 195lbs and struggling with that fr 4 sets of 8. I will keep at it.

Built
11-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Please don't fast. This sounds completely ridiculous.

And you don't get fat from carbs. You get fat from too many calories to partition into muscle.

If the creatine you got was cheap, that's great! Go right ahead and use it up.

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-03-2006, 08:29 PM
I really dont like the idea of the fast, but im doing it to find out what foods make my acne worse, and what foods make it better. After the fast, its kinda like ground zero, so I slowly introduce foods into my diet, and observe. It took alot of convincing to get me to do this fast, but I decided that its only for three days, and it couldnt be too bad. Thanks again for the feedback built, but I already committed to doing the fast, andtoday was my first day.

So far I am pretty hungry, but its not too hard to keep the cravings at bay, the shakes actually keep my slightly full so that im not thinking about food all the time. I definately miss a good bowl of oats, and a can of tuna, I think thats gonna be my first meal back. I just weighed myself and surprsingly I am not as low as I thought I would be 167.5lbs. Definately didnt lift today, I took a long nap after I got home from school at 4:30 until now. I guess the fast is going well, im a reallya active person, and it sucks to not be able to do anything.

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-04-2006, 01:00 PM
I weighed myself last night and I was 169lbs, and this morning I am 166.5 lbs, I sure hope I dont drop any lower than that. I am hating this fast, but since It is only the beginning of the second day so I will see how it goes. Even though this fast is only for 3 days, the plan behind this fast extends a few more weeks, to find out what affects my acne, and what doesn. I guess Im gonna keep doing the fast, and see how it goes. I guarantee you that you have never tasted a shake as nasty as the ones I have to take 5 times a day on this fast.

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Did pretty much nothing today, slept in late, and did nothing. Tonight I weigh 166.5lbs. That seems to be my baseline, where my weight will not go any lower without prolonged dieting. I cant focus as well on this diet as normal, my thought process for everything is noticably different. Tommoro is the last day of this fast, and I will be glad when it is over. I have the feeling that the first food that I eat after this is over will taste amazing, no matter what it is.

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-05-2006, 08:40 PM
I finished the fast at around 7:00 tonight. Food tastes incredible right now. It doesnt ever matter what food it is, no matter how bland, it tastes amazing. I had steamed vegetables, one cup of rice, my vitargo CGL, protein shake, and two chicken breasts. Im writing this, while thinking about getting more food when im done. I weighed in this morning at 165lbs. I will edit this post later tonight when I see how much I weigh before i go to bed. Since I have a really buisy day tommorr, I am probably going to end up waking up early at about 5:30 to lift. I plan on eating about atleast 300 more calories a dayfor the next week to catch up for the weekend fast. I have rethought my deit, and am incorporating Built's advice into my nutrition. I will post tommorro with more workout info, and weight gain. In about another week or two I am planning on starting another creatine that I got from the olympia expo for incredibly cheap. Kre alkylin is a very controversial creatine, but so is Mono, CEE, and brand name companies like muscletech. I will see if I can dispell some of the negative connotations of Kre Alkylin through this thread and use of Kre Alkylin. I will say more about this when it comes closer to actually starting my 2 month supply of Kre Alkylin. I am going into every new supplement I try with an open mind, and forming opinions along the way.

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Ive been super buisy lately and havnt poseted in a while, but here goes. I am gaining my weight back slowly I am back up to weighin in the mornings at 168-169lbs, and at night at around 173lbs. I had a super hard leg day yesterday, and threw up after my workout on the way to my car. I seriously have never thrown up that much in my entire life, I almost covered an entire parking space with vomit. I had nothing left in my stomach. I have been eating clean, I have never been a fan of the "dirty bulk." If you are gonna be abodybuilder you my as well eat healthy all of the time, it makes dieting a lot easier if you eat clean all of the time, and dont cheat alot, plus you dont put on as much unwanted fat as you would with a dirty bulk. With my lifting , I am up to two 45 plates on each side, so 225lbs for 4 sets of 10. I will probably add more weight next workout to make it 4 sets of 8, just to switch things up. tommorro is my chest day, so I will hopefully be posting tomorro on how that goes.

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-09-2006, 05:03 PM
I had a great workout today, went to failure every set, and did a lot of calves, and abs after my main workout. Today was chest, and tris. Last night I finnally got a round to ordering some fat calipers, some more MRP bars, and some IntraXcell, the intraxcell was out of stock, so when its in stock im on the list of people to send it to. I weighed 169lbs this morning, so my weight is slowly going back up, and I can tell that I have been gaining muscle. I will update later tonight with my weight.

LiFtHaTiRoN
11-10-2006, 11:54 PM
I got a free sample of Labrada's Nitrix Oxide boosting pre workout energy supplement, and I used it today for my back day. I felt really focused, and ready to lift more weight and more reps than normal. I got a huge pump in my lats today and had an amazing v taper during my workout. My weight is going up, I weighed in at 171lbs yeasterday morning, and I weigh tonight at 174lbs.