PDA

View Full Version : maintain protein

teaturtle
09-27-2006, 05:24 AM
Just wondering, everyone says you n eed atleast 1g/lb lbm of protein to gain muscle , but what about maintaining what you already have? How much would you need to keep it?

ps. one other question. sorry I didnt want to make another thread for it.

say you already bulked and cut and just wanted to stay at where you are EXCEPT with less macros than you started with. Would this naturally come or would you have to make your body used to the smaller macros (and if you would have to do this, how?)? Sorry I cant word it right, just ask and Ill try again if you didnt understand..

Thanks

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-27-2006, 05:28 AM
It would be around the same amount. Your caloric needs will differ, however, because it will be maintenance as opposed to over or below maintenance.

say you already bulked and cut and just wanted to stay at where you are EXCEPT with less macros than you started with. Would this naturally come or would you have to make your body used to the smaller macros (and if you would have to do this, how?)? Sorry I cant word it right, just ask and Ill try again if you didnt understand..Your calories should be the main thing that changes. You should try to keep your macros as close to the requirements as possible given your current caloric needs. If the macros requirements made you go over your maintenance cals, then obviously you would need to lower your macros. If not, there's no need to change them. At least that's what I think.