PDA

View Full Version : ETS + Multi-Plus taken together?

charles_316
09-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Ive been taking ETS and Multi-Plus together daily but wonder if that is unhealthy. Im wondering b/c some of the vitamins may be fat soluble such as vitamin E i believe and from the multi plus there is 400IU of vitamin E or 1333% of DV and then from ETS twice a day (morning and before bed) there would be 200IU or 666% of DV.... isn't this way to much? for fat soluble vitamins, shouldnt they be only at 100% of DV?

thanks

malkore
09-27-2006, 11:27 AM
its probably not a problem, but see what Chris/Daniel have to say.

but also remember, the US RDA is the 'recommended daily MINIMUM for the average American who is fat and doesn't exercise'.

hell the RDA for protein is under 60g for men!

chris mason
09-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Ive been taking ETS and Multi-Plus together daily but wonder if that is unhealthy. Im wondering b/c some of the vitamins may be fat soluble such as vitamin E i believe and from the multi plus there is 400IU of vitamin E or 1333% of DV and then from ETS twice a day (morning and before bed) there would be 200IU or 666% of DV.... isn't this way to much? for fat soluble vitamins, shouldnt they be only at 100% of DV?

thanks

You will have to make a judgement call. I personally take 600 I.U. per day of E currently and have taken up to 1000 I.U.

If you are concerned about excessive dosing then I suggest you take only 1 of the products or neither.

Alex.V
09-27-2006, 09:06 PM
but also remember, the US RDA is the 'recommended daily MINIMUM for the average American who is fat and doesn't exercise'.

hell the RDA for protein is under 60g for men!

Macronutrients versus micronutrients, apples to oranges. Much over the RDA of vitamins and minerals is a little unnecessary for anybody. Harmful? Usually not. But still unnecessary.

charles_316
09-27-2006, 09:57 PM
im just wondering about especially vitamin e since it is fat soluble so you gotta be careful...