PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan and cutting?

naveedh
09-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi,

As you all may be aware, that it is the month of ramadan for muslims. During this month we fast from 5:00am to 7:00pm. That is 14 hours without eating. At the moment i am 19% bodyfat and am realy finding it hard to drop even more. Two months ago i was 35% body fat, now that was bad. I forgot to mention, im 17 years of age .

I was wondering if anybody could give me any tips or devise me a diet plan that i can incorporate with my fasting period, to help me further reduce my body fat percentage to ideally 8/9%.

Thanks for reading

P.S Go easy on me, im new to the forums.

Eszekial
09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Large meal at 4:30 am with High fat/protein content.

Large Meal at 7pm with high fat/protein content.

End.

CrazyK
09-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Salaam brother. I'm doing the month right now. What I do is...have a high carb/whey protein meal at 7, then go workout, have a post workout shake, then eat another carb/protein meal an hour later. Before bed have a tub of cottage cheese with some ANPB, then at 430am have that same meal when I wake up next to my bed. Lots and Lots of water at night 2. At least 2 gallons.

naveedh
09-27-2006, 04:12 PM
thanks for the advice all.

What would you consider as a high carb meal? e.g. 4 Eggs etc. For protein i take 32g of whey mixed with 200 ml water, would that be sufficient? my weight is 74kg. Sorry for my arrogance, i am new to controlled diets and dont know what is good for high carbs without too much saturating fats.

Thanks again.

CrazyK
09-27-2006, 04:16 PM
thanks for the advice all.

What would you consider as a high carb meal? e.g. 4 Eggs etc. For protein i take 32g of whey mixed with 200 ml water, would that be sufficient? my weight is 74kg. Sorry for my arrogance, i am new to controlled diets and dont know what is good for high carbs without too much saturating fats.

Thanks again.Well I eat 6-8 dates, 3/4 cups oats, and a whey with water shake.

Built
09-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Naveedh, natural saturated fats should be part of your diet anyway. A friend of mine is doing Ramadan right now, and I suggested my favourite and most filling food for the pre-dawn meal: equal parts (by weight) of tuna, avocado and cottage cheese. Knock that back with a Nitrean shake (the casein slows it down a bit, and there's plenty of water, which aids digestion) and you should stay full for a while. Eating dates to break fast is not only traditional, it's prudent: insulin blunts cortisol.

teaturtle
09-27-2006, 04:54 PM
I had the avocado and cottage cheese stuff (including an egg omelette) and it was yummy :) Thanks Built.

Goodwinm
09-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Is that u dude? Its me Goodwin (from Redhill). Welcome to the forums. and also.. How you doing man!? I hope your still lifting weights aswel as tracking your diet.

Hopefully it is you otherwise im freaking some guy out! lol.

all I can say is www.fitday.com

and create a journal in (members journals) so you can track your lifting progress. (if your lifting dude).
You Can Always check out my journal too man (link in my sig). Might give you some hints and tips. Also Check out Anthony's, Stumprp's HeavyBomber, and CoCoa's Journals for some inspiration! ;)

Looking forward to hearing from u man.

Mike (a.k.a Machine) lol..

naveedh
09-28-2006, 10:25 AM
yo mike, hows it going, long time no see, hows college going? I see you still havn't stopped lifting, internets such a small place???

Thanks for the advice guys, its extremely good information.

Goodwinm
09-28-2006, 05:06 PM
im good man. cheers. I certainly aint stopped lifting! Im alot stronger since high school! lol.
me not in college. Me workin full time at Decathlon. u'll have to pop in. Me gotta get the money rolling in (pay day today woohoo!). Im gonna be a Daddy in February! :D

Internet is a small place. Even though it has a billion billion pages...

Roddy
09-28-2006, 10:36 PM
I had the avocado and cottage cheese stuff (including an egg omelette) and it was yummy :) Thanks Built.

i tried this and started wretching, my cat ran into the other room. :disagree:

Built
09-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Roddy! What kind of cat doesn't like TUNA???

teaturtle
09-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah, i forgot to mention that i couldnt really eat it without having it with the eggs heh. It just needs more flavor. But its not bad.