PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions!

montynwc
09-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Hey there. Just signed up, but I have been reading here a little bit lately. You guys all seemed really helpful so I thought I'd ask you a few questions.

I am 20 years old. About 219-220 pounds. 6'2". I have been lifting 3 days a week for quite awhile now... 4 months or so. Before then I never lifted/did anything with weights. I am taking whey protein (not as much as I should), creatine, and NO Xplode.

My question is about my diet, however. I started a journal on fitday a few days ago and have been following it, but I have some newbie questions. First of all, I am pretty lean except for my gut and my love handles. I believe this is majorly due to my diet. My upper abs are decent, but right around the belly button I have much more than I'd like. Like I said, I blame my diet for this.

How many calories should I be eating a day? Right now I seem to get about 2400 or so, but they are mostly carbs. I am a huge bread guy. I also drink quite a bit of beer here at college (that can't change really).

So again, how many calories should I be eating a day, and what percent of them should be carbs/fats/proteins? If there is an easy calculator for this, I have not found it, and I apologize. Also, what the hell can I do to get rid of this extra around the waist?

Keep going on and on here... the only cardio I really do is basketball, which I play 2-3 times a week, for a good amount of time.

Thanks!

Built
09-28-2006, 01:28 AM
Okay, well, are you gaining, losing, or figure this is your "normal" diet?

If you're maintaining, what I suggest you do, since you're new to this, is simply restructure your diet so you continue to get in 2400 calories, but with more protein and fat, and less carb.

Link in my sig will tell you how. Don't go by percentages - go by lean body mass - dependent dosings. If you're not sure what your LBM is, go with about 85% of your current weight - it'll be close enough for now.