PDA

View Full Version : Coming out of a PSMF

dav619
09-28-2006, 05:43 AM
Hi Guys,

I've been on a high protein low carb diet for the last 3 months now and it has worked wonders in terms of preserving mucscle and losing fat.

For the last 4 weeks I have been on a strictly protein diet (or PSMF) on very few calories (600 - 1000 a day).

I have about another 1 - 2 weeks then i want to start ramping up the my carbs and calories to a maintenance level.

Obviously i just don't know my maintenance level at the moment and i'm going to gain alot of weight to start off with in water and glycogen.

Has anyone got any advice on how many carbs and calories I should start to ingest and over what time scale? Also weighing around 160lbs now (down from 196), roughly how much weight gain could i contribute to water and glycogen?

I know this question is fairly vague but could anyone give me pointers from their own experiences and knowledge.

Many thanks,
Dave

ArchAngel777
09-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Hi Guys,

I've been on a high protein low carb diet for the last 3 months now and it has worked wonders in terms of preserving mucscle and losing fat.

For the last 4 weeks I have been on a strictly protein diet (or PSMF) on very few calories (600 - 1000 a day).

I have about another 1 - 2 weeks then i want to start ramping up the my carbs and calories to a maintenance level.

Obviously i just don't know my maintenance level at the moment and i'm going to gain alot of weight to start off with in water and glycogen.

Has anyone got any advice on how many carbs and calories I should start to ingest and over what time scale? Also weighing around 160lbs now (down from 196), roughly how much weight gain could i contribute to water and glycogen?

I know this question is fairly vague but could anyone give me pointers from their own experiences and knowledge.

Many thanks,
Dave

I have done this in the past so I can speak for myself on the matter. I gained about 12 pounds or so over the course of 1 - 2 weeks. I would say at least 9 - 12 pounds of water and glycogen in the first week and possibly more. But, my best guess would be right around 12.

You could slowly eat more if you want too, but I don't see the harm in moving up 2,000/day for a week and then moving up another 500 to 2,500/day for the next week and then just start tracking from there. You might want to hit the gym more often once you start eating more to help offset (temporarly) the weight gain that might be associated with the body's want to store fat.

dav619
09-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Cheers ArchAngel,

Could i ask how much you weighed once you were done with your cut? As in before you put on the 12lbs of water and glycogen? I just want to make a rough estimate based on my final bodyweight.

Also did you see a noticeable difference once you had refed with carbs? I don't want to go from looking my best in 6 years to a pudgy, flab monster again within a week!!

I think as far as refeeding goes I will very slowly work my way back up to around 200o calories and then take it from there. I know my body will want to whack it all back on as fat so i'll try and be careful.

Cheers,
Dave

~LV~
09-28-2006, 11:13 AM
So your saying that you have been taking in 600-1000 kcal for the last 4 weeks?

Can I ask what your stats are?

ArchAngel777
09-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Cheers ArchAngel,

Could i ask how much you weighed once you were done with your cut? As in before you put on the 12lbs of water and glycogen?

Cheers,
Dave

I was 185.6 pounds when I was done with my cut... That very night I had the most wonderful foot long subway sandwitch (my baby was born that day, so it causes stress and I broke down and went off my 7 months diet). Within one week of eating like a pig, I was 197 on the scale... Very small amount by that time was fat and mostly was water and glycogen, I imagine.

dav619
09-29-2006, 12:37 PM
LV - What do you want to know??

Although i don't see why my stats are relevant to this thread!!

Dave