PDA

View Full Version : Is there any hope for me?

Yah Yah
09-29-2006, 01:21 PM
So this week I finally realized I need to stop being so damn skinny. My confidence sucks and I dont really feel healthy as I used to. Im 23, 5'10 and 130 lbs right now. I have a super fast metabolism and Ive been at this weight for years... I read all your guys posts and Im trying to eat 3000 calories per day and atleast 1g of protein / pound.. I guess my target right now is 170 by march.. I work out in my house using a barbell and some dumbells, but I dont have the ability to do all the workouts in WBB routine because i dont have everything.. but im going to try and do what i can. One thing im concerned about is I think i have a smaller frame and I cant imagine being big, ha, so i dont know how I will fill out.... hopefully the next time i post pics i will be proud of them.

Yah Yah
09-29-2006, 01:22 PM
I guess my ideal image is saint pierre.

http://www.canadastarboxing.com/ufc-full-force/st-pierre-sherk.jpg

Bohizzle
09-29-2006, 01:49 PM
if ur already trying to eat more and lift properly (ie, don't neglect body parts), then ur well on ur way, u'd be surprised how much muscle u can pack on with proper diet onto a small frame.

Andrew

Sidior
09-29-2006, 01:55 PM
:withstupi

Sounds like you are doing what you need to. Eat enough, and learn to squat bench and dead properly and you are golden.

muscle chic
09-29-2006, 01:56 PM
I'd have to agree with Bohizzle. Proper diet and weight training and it will come in time!!

GoodThings
09-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Commitment to the level you are talking about , going from a skinny 130 to a muscular 170, is a huge endeavor.

I recommend joining a gym. In order for you to pull something like this off, it will have to become a part of your life, just like a job. Except more fun ;)

radioheadhead
09-29-2006, 02:10 PM
I guess my ideal image is saint pierre.

http://www.canadastarboxing.com/ufc-full-force/st-pierre-sherk.jpg

those guys aren't that big at all. You can get there.

Yah Yah
09-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Commitment to the level you are talking about , going from a skinny 130 to a muscular 170, is a huge endeavor.

I recommend joining a gym. In order for you to pull something like this off, it will have to become a part of your life, just like a job. Except more fun ;)
I want to work out every day even when Its supposed to be an off day. So maybe I will be okay doing at home. I guess? :scratch:

For me the hardest part is eating eating eating. I feel sick & then sleepy after eating. But i guess everyone feels like this at first right? And as for feeling sleepy, that would be from the large amount of food my body is always working to digest right?

Thanks guys... I appreciate it!

Bohizzle
09-29-2006, 04:50 PM
I want to work out every day even when Its supposed to be an off day. So maybe I will be okay doing at home. I guess? :scratch:

For me the hardest part is eating eating eating. I feel sick & then sleepy after eating. But i guess everyone feels like this at first right? And as for feeling sleepy, that would be from the large amount of food my body is always working to digest right?

absolutely, try taking in some shakes as they don't seem to make me quite as sleepy or full, unless it's an 800+ cal shake. they'll help u get the extra cals in.

Andrew

Shatter
09-30-2006, 09:50 AM

Train smarter, not harder. As tempting as it is to train on an off day, it's not going to help your cause at all. Search rippetoe's starting strength or something similar. Compound movements + lots of calories and you will be huge in no time.

Good luck.

sharkall2003
09-30-2006, 09:58 AM
If you're willing to DEDICATE many hours of training and eating properly, then yes this is obtainable. It will not only take hours, but it will take a couple years of training and maybe missing out on a few other things you would like to do.

McVein
09-30-2006, 10:36 AM
those guys aren't that big at all. You can get there.

Natetaco
09-30-2006, 11:54 AM

You need at LEAST 1 off day per week IMO. If you workout everyday you will get burned out, you need your sleep.

Yah Yah
09-30-2006, 01:29 PM
thanks guys i will make sure im taking my off days. am i right to figure that a muscle group will heal larger with all the food im eating as long as here isnt a second muscle group that needs all these calories and proteins?

also, it is good to feel sore the day after? for example, i worked my legs yesterday and they are pretty sore today. does that mean im doing this right?

Bohizzle
09-30-2006, 02:42 PM
soreness means nothing. if ur not sore, don't worry about it. some people don't get sore. but if u do get sore, don't worry most people get sore for sometimes up to 3-4 days.

Andrew

Yah Yah
09-30-2006, 06:58 PM
thanks bohizzle.

ive been on the diet and working out for four days now. i thought i gained a pound last night but today im still 130. :( should i be easily making 1 lbs a week? im affraid my metabolism is too fast even for 2700-3K cals.. im trying to limit my activities so as not to burn any unnessasary calories.

Bohizzle
09-30-2006, 07:18 PM
try and only weigh urself every week or so, and try and do it at the same time of day in the same state (ie. right after waking up, post or pre poo, post or pre pee). 1lb a week is a good goal in order not to pack on extra fat, if u can try upping ur calories by another 2-300 in order to for sure every week 1-1.5lbs, if ur not happy with that rate, either try and eat more or less depending on the speed of ur gains.

Andrew

Tofer
09-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Bah, you're pic is almost exactly the same as my "before pic". Don't sweat it, you'll be fine. You're skinny enough at the moment that if you're doing the right things, you'll see a considerable change in your physique within four months. You may even get the steroid accusations from people, which are both amusing and satisfying.

Milk, natural peanut butter, heavy squats, deadlifts, weighted dips, bench and barbell rows will get you where you want to be.