PDA

View Full Version : feeling pretty sick after increasing food intake..

Yah Yah
09-30-2006, 11:52 AM
i started this week trying to gain muscle..' my goal was 3000 cals per day. im having a hard time reaching that but usually i get to at least 2700.. and im drinking one of those 1450 cal shakes through out the day to help.. but i woke up this morning feeling pretty bad. like i was still full and i have an urge to throw up but im trying to keep it in. i also feel tired and drained with no energy.. this really sucks, is it normal? i feel so bad right now.. i cant even think about drinking more of the shake which is what i need to be doing right about now...

ShockBoxer
09-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Wrong answer.

You don't NEED to do anything. You WANT to. If you start feeling you NEED to be eating you'll get sick of it really, really quickly.

If you don't want to eat, don't. You'll be hungry later. Eat then when you WANT to. Also, don't chug a 1400 calorie shake... drink a quarter of it and put the rest back in the fridge. Every time you pass the fridge take another sip. Eventually your activity level will make you hungry more often and eventually your stomach capacity will increase so it can take more food at once ... but until that happens you're just going to burn out or make yourself nauseous trying to drink half your calories in one shot.

Yah Yah
09-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Sorry I must have worded that wrong, I am taking it about 1/4 at a time, definately not even attempting the whole thing at once... But everything else you said made sense. is this normal? i fell asleep a bit and im feeling a little better now.. not hungry but i feel i want to eat so i can get in all my cals..

McIrish
10-01-2006, 03:53 AM
What is in this shake that you're having trouble downing? I honestly look forward to drinking my shakes because they're so tasty. You didn't buy one of those expensive "weight gainer 3,000,000!" products, did you? I find those to be entirely unpalatable. Try something simple like a banana, some milk, peanut butter, and protein powder in a blender - no need to get fancy. This tastes as close to a milk-shake as you could imagine, and you're looking at >500 calories right there.

RedSpikeyThing
10-01-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm going to guess this is your first bulk. It is hard eating enough - it took me a couple of weeks to get my calories up where they should be. Don't push yourself too much, because you can easily get sick. I would start at like 2500 calories, or as much as you can eat without feeling sick, and add like 100 calories a day until you hit 3000.
If you do it with whole food as well (read: ditch the weight gainer) it will make your life a lot easier when your bulk stalls and you need to eat even more.

Yah Yah
10-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Yeah my shakes consist of:

700ml milk
4 scoops chocoloate whey
1 cup oats
4 tbsp peanut butter

its hard for me to drink this. i guess its the whey, or the peanut butter that makes me want to gag. or maybe its all the dairy (yogurt & milk?)? i dont know of strawberry flavored whey would help. i wish there were an alternative to peanut butter. force feeding myself this much food every day is honestly one of the hardest things ive ever done.. but i want to succeed...

i just want to know if this is par for the course, and if i keep it up will i stop feeling sleepy, sick, and tired?

i probably went from 1500/2000 cals per day to 2700/3000 in one leap.

North
10-01-2006, 10:44 AM
I eat 3000 a day and i am starving. But also my protien shakes are

3 scoops of whey
1 cup of O.J.
1 bannana
5-6 i cubes

Yah Yah
10-01-2006, 11:07 AM
im only 5'10 130lbs :( i felt hungry last night even after 3k cals during the day. this morning after my yogurt & shake ive been feeling terrible!

DarrenEff
10-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Give it a few days, your stomach will begin stretching and learn to accomodate all of the food. Keep lifting hard