PDA

View Full Version : What to eat after a fast?

BFGUITAR
10-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Well today due to religious reasons im fasting. I dont like to nor do I want to. I love food and I want to bulk.

I know during this process my body eats itself, fat+muscle included.
When I break my fast, whats the best way to bring back my lost muscle while at the same time prevent my body form going into a fat storing mode? (basically, what should I eat? Im thinking a protein shake with some sugars...)

And can someone ease my mind by saying that a 1 day fast wont hurt my goals...

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-02-2006, 04:47 PM
And can someone ease my mind by saying that a 1 day fast wont hurt my goals...A one day fast won't hurt your goals.

And here's a similar thread that was posted just recently ~> http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85850

Built
10-02-2006, 04:50 PM
It won't hurt your goals.

It's only one day.

Insulin blunts cortisol - the usual food to break a fast is dates in many cultures. Try that, or a whey shake with dex …

Mr. D
10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
are you following ramadan or ekadashi?

Max Thunder
10-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Fasting can have benefits on hormones, etc. Look "intermittent fasting" on google. Arthur de Vany has interesting things to say about it, Michael Eades too. There might be some info from searching about "The Warrior Diet", I haven't read much about it but I believe it's about eating only one big meal a day.

Unless you're huge, you probably won't lose body mass, except maybe fat.

Try to keep your insulin low, in my opinion it would be the best time for a low-carb diet.

On a related but different note, I read this today about being hungry and memory: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4723162.stm

TTT
10-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Happy New Year!!

Turnip
10-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Why do you do it if you dont want to? I had to ask.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-03-2006, 01:53 AM
^^

It has to do with his religion. What's hard to understand about that? :scratch:

BFGUITAR
10-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Yom kippur, a Jewish holiday.

Were kind of suppose to act like angels on that day so we act like them (ie dont eat/drink, shower, brsh teeth, we wear a white robe thingy at our synagogue or "temple" as you guys would call it)

We ask for forgiveness.
Im no hardcore jew, but I do follow some of the 613 commandments.

Ruffian
10-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Dont worry bout it, I have to do a fast once every couple months bcause of my stomach... Just drink shakes and stuff... it is actually good for your stomach, it 'restarts' it for lack of a better word.

Just eat whatever you want when your done, one day is no biggie.