PDA

View Full Version : Nearly a year without working out.

Antonious
10-02-2006, 11:03 PM
edits**

I hurt my back a year ago.

One year has passed since I hurt my back, I was diagnosed 6 months later with neuralgia, and its been nearly a year since ive done a weightlifting rountine, or lifted more then 20 pounds.

I'm either late 14yrs or earily 15yrs in the following pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Zarathaz/crappycrap.jpg

^ 4 weeks after my injury about a year ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Zarathaz/SADDSASAD.jpg

^ 1+ year ago

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Zarathaz/me2.jpg

^ 1+ year ago

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres me now. I went like 6 months without doing anything, then a couple more with on and off therapy and within the last month or two i have been running and doing situps. its been nearly a year with the only occasional muscle building activity bringing up a bag of groceries.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Zarathaz/PIX_150.jpg

FYI my goals are just like brad pitt from fight club, I want to get a tiny tiny bit bigger and more ripped. I forgot how good it feels to be able to move

Also, my injury is nearly gone but im going to give it another year before I start doing weightlifting again, if i ever start again.

I'm 16 now by the way.

Weightlifting use to consume my life. I didnt do tons of stuff because I wanted to stay home and eat~rest~ - that's why I dont know if i'll ever start up again, I just think its a load of crap now and I should do what I want. If I do it's going to be extremely loose.

Antonious
10-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Also, I forgot to mention. I was aprox 180-185 in those pictures. I'm 145 now. That's 40 pounds I lost, that hit me pretty hard, but I honestly like how I am now more then before, I just need to do some pushups and stuff and regain alittle in my upper-body. Ive been starting to do leg curls on the machines at school after I run in gym.

Anyway, I guess the point of me posting is to point out the things you own end up owning you. Even your body. I use to take weightlifting way to seriously. Seriously. I'm just going to chill and do gym, run when I want, do some pushups when I want, and let things fall into place.

~Antonious~

HahnB
10-02-2006, 11:34 PM
You look great in both sets of pics, lean too. Personally I find that weightlifting doesn't really get in the way of my social life. I think most would agree unless you go out 5 or 6 nights a week.

KingJustin
10-03-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm amazed that you're only 14-16 in those pictures. You really look like one of those Men's Health guys. Follow whatever the doctor is advising, but you have amazing potential and I would hate to see you waste it by not lifting again.

deeder
10-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Weightlifting doensn't interfere with my life at all. Working out is just part of my routine. I bring food with me to school and eat a ton all day and when I'm cutting I just watch what I eat when I go out with friends.

Why are you going to wait another year? Why not start working your way into it? ie: begin with plyometrics, move into a full body split 2 - 3 times a week, then get your diet back in order to put on some more weight you skinny bastard!

Antonious
10-03-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm amazed that you're only 14-16 in those pictures. You really look like one of those Men's Health guys. Follow whatever the doctor is advising, but you have amazing potential and I would hate to see you waste it by not lifting again.

I have amazing potential. It just means I dont need to workout though, its all handed to me.

Why are you going to wait another year? Why not start working your way into it? ie: begin with plyometrics, move into a full body split 2 - 3 times a week, then get your diet back in order to put on some more weight you skinny bastard!

because like I said, I dont need weightlifting to stay how I am, which is where I want to be, you .. "skinny bastard." ?

deeder
10-03-2006, 04:52 PM
I have amazing potential. It just means I dont need to workout though, its all handed to me.

because like I said, I dont need weightlifting to stay how I am, which is where I want to be, you .. "skinny bastard." ?

Well if you're happy with yourself great. Personally I'm not a fan of the third world starving child look...

If you've got such amazing potential why not make the most of them?

Edit:
I'm sorry if you feel I am out of line for criticizing you. But frankly I think posting pics on a forum all about weightlifting and then outright saying you don't want to improve your body at all which is why you refuse to work out is just plain dumb... (Run-On Sentence of the year award?)

It's not just about what I look like though either. I do it for the strength... And there's no way you're gonna be a strong ass mofo at 95lbs.

Ruffian
10-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Ok... Just want to see... You were diagnosed with Neuralgia? I understand its supposed to be a painful condition and all but I do not see how it would affect your ability to workout at all. However, your life. Do you have any pictures of anything other then your abs to show us? Your abs look good but there is alot more to potential then a killer core. Show us some pix of your legs, or more pix of your back! Give us somethin more to go off of!

fixationdarknes
10-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Deeder, Ant isn't 95 lbs. nor does he look like he's starving. Why do you keep bringing that up?

Antonious
10-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Ok... Just want to see... You were diagnosed with Neuralgia? I understand its supposed to be a painful condition and all but I do not see how it would affect your ability to workout at all. However, your life. Do you have any pictures of anything other then your abs to show us? Your abs look good but there is alot more to potential then a killer core. Show us some pix of your legs, or more pix of your back! Give us somethin more to go off of!

yes, see first - third pic.

"Well if you're happy with yourself great. Personally I'm not a fan of the third world starving child look...

If you've got such amazing potential why not make the most of them?"

yes, i am a starving african child. - a white one - does that mean you won't go to prom with me deed?

Jinkies
10-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Your definately a genetic marvel as far a symmetry but if you dont take advantage of it its just going to fade with time. Abs don't impress anyone but teenage girls, wide shoulders and a thick back is where its at.

I'm 16 and I understand how it can get in the way, you workout to look good but spend so much time working out you dont take advantage of it. Put things into perspective and have fun with it, you've never had work for it so it's not really a big deal cause u look good even if you don't workout.

This just motivates me to work harder.

Antonious
10-03-2006, 06:45 PM
"Your definately a genetic marvel as far a symmetry but if you dont take advantage of it its just going to fade with time. Abs don't impress anyone but teenage girls, wide shoulders and a thick back is where its at.

I'm 16 and I understand how it can get in the way, you workout to look good but spend so much time working out you dont take advantage of it. Put things into perspective and have fun with it, you've never had work for it so it's not really a big deal cause u look good even if you don't workout.

This just motivates me to work harder."

Who am I supposed to be trying to impress...teenage boys? - I've worked hard for it before, ive let it totally consume me for months. weightlifting was a crutch. I brought food to school. I ate between classes. I was late every class. I didnt go out to eat. I had to bring food with me whereever I go.

Then suddenly, one day, you cant workout. Maybe for 10 years. You cant do anything. Your in so much pain you cant even lift more then one pound. This was my situation. I went through more **** over that then anything.

Then I realized something. Why am I so mad? Why do I need to have big biceps? WHY do I need to constantly reduce my life to get bigger? I stopped eating all the time, I ate when I wanted, I didnt stuff myself. And ironically, I feel better about my body now then I did then. Bigorexia? Call it what you want. My back isnt totally healed, I cant workout like i use to. But even when it does heal, I doubt I will ever do it seriously again.

fixationdarknes
10-03-2006, 06:57 PM
No, I'm not Antonious' pet, but I find it funny how poor your arguments' toward him are.

I mean seriously...he looks like he's starving? No, not really. His body right now is probably appealing to many people.

He's not going to impress anyone but teenage girls? Well, that must work out quite nicely being that that's probably what he wants to do.

jajaja.

sharkall2003
10-03-2006, 07:15 PM
You look great both ways, but I have one thing to say:

You don't have great genetic potential. No offense, but genetics are more than just looks. It's all in the mind. You don't have great genetic potential because you don't want to do this sport anymore. Of course, though, you have great genetics, i'm sure, for many other things. Genetics are everything combined, not just a six pack.

Looking great in the pictures.

Antonious
10-03-2006, 07:26 PM
You look great both ways, but I have one thing to say:

You don't have great genetic potential. No offense, but genetics are more than just looks. It's all in the mind. You don't have great genetic potential because you don't want to do this sport anymore. Of course, though, you have great genetics, i'm sure, for many other things. Genetics are everything combined, not just a six pack.

Looking great in the pictures.

I agree with you completely, Its more then just having a good body.

deeder
10-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Deeder, Ant isn't 95 lbs. nor does he look like he's starving. Why do you keep bringing that up?

I know he's not 95lbs... Exageration... Ya know?

Frankly I think he DOES look like he's starving.. Note that I am talking about his "now" picture... The ****ty one at the bottom of his post where you can barely see anything... He looks tiny and emaciated.

He looked great in the above pictures but now just looks like most any other pigeon chested teenager who doesn't eat properly.

deeder
10-03-2006, 07:29 PM
yes, see first - third pic.

"Well if you're happy with yourself great. Personally I'm not a fan of the third world starving child look...

If you've got such amazing potential why not make the most of them?"

yes, i am a starving african child. - a white one - does that mean you won't go to prom with me deed?

What does race have to do with anything?

deeder
10-03-2006, 07:31 PM
No, I'm not Antonious' pet, but I find it funny how poor your arguments' toward him are.

Was this directed at me? If so, I made no arguments... I made statements of my opinion. Maybe I was wrong in assuming he posted the pics for some sort of criticism... I guess it was just so everyone would say, "Wowzer! Great abs! You look sooooo hot! OMG! If I was a 14 y/o girl I'd totally do you!"

Antonious
10-03-2006, 07:46 PM
I know he's not 95lbs... Exageration... Ya know?

Frankly I think he DOES look like he's starving.. Note that I am talking about his "now" picture... The ****ty one at the bottom of his post where you can barely see anything... He looks tiny and emaciated.

He looked great in the above pictures but now just looks like most any other pigeon chested teenager who doesn't eat properly.

gosh. You look really huge in your profile picture, I gotta say. IS THAT REALLY YOU? - You have the genetics to go all the way dude - I can tell.... ..

Thanks for teh complements though, Heres my idea: Get intercostal neuralgia Or any other nerve disease of the ribcage.(GL, It's about as rare as it gets) Spend 6 months doing nothing waiting to get diagnosed, then another 6 waiting for it to go away. Well, It could be 6 years, or 60. Lets see what you look like after a year of no exercise.

Stumprrp
10-03-2006, 07:51 PM
wow man u were massive for 15! what were your lifts like then? you still look good for a year off, id turn into a blob...

deeder
10-03-2006, 08:01 PM
gosh. You look really huge in your profile picture, I gotta say. IS THAT REALLY YOU? - You have the genetics to go all the way dude - I can tell.... ..

Thanks for teh complements though, Heres my idea: Get intercostal neuralgia Or any other nerve disease of the ribcage.(GL, It's about as rare as it gets) Spend 6 months doing nothing waiting to get diagnosed, then another 6 waiting for it to go away. Well, It could be 6 years, or 60. Lets see what you look like after a year of no exercise.

I'm sure you can tell whether I have good genetics by looking at one photo... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I understand how you lost all the weight. What I don't understand, is why (especially after admitting that you only look the way you do because you were sick for a year) you would want to stay that way. You clearly have the knowledge and dedication to put on quality size as we can see from the "before" pictures.

deeder
10-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Alright... Because I'm sick of arguing.. Here's what it comes down to:

You are VERY lean, you can be proud of that. However, I personally would not be happy with my self having looked the way you did going to the way you look now. Lets call it a difference of opinions/preferences. If you want to remain skinny and small then by all means! It's your body after all!

Ruffian
10-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Umm... Antonius... 2 of the first 3 pix are of your abs... Im not trying to discount you on anything Imjust saying it would be helpful to all of us if you show us a few more 'recent' pix of yourself.

Also, the whole point of putting pix in this thread is to ask ppl where some possible improvements are. However, if your unwilling to put in the time then the sad fact of the matter is, I really dont see the point. I too have been in pain, I too have been unable to do much lifting, but Ive adapted to do what I can despite the pain because I had to. It may not be all the fun stuff, and all the stuff considered 'best' on here, but as long as you do your best everyone will give you props for it. Now... That being said... It is impossible for us to tell you what looks good on you if you only have one recent picture of yourself (which only shows your abs). As I said before. Take a few pix of your back, take pix of your whole body, take pix of your legs... THAT is the point of this board, extremely low body fat can give you a six pack if you have decent genetics. It will not make you have wide shoulders, a big back or ripped legs however... That takes work.

Im a chick... So listen to me when I say that you have nice abs, yes, Ill give you that... But I have to agree with whoever said this earlier; Big-ass shoulders, a wide ripped back and a dude who can deadlift more then twice your weight is hot as hell.

Keep working at it. Frankly, I dont see the point of subscribing to a weightlifting forum if you dont wanna lift... BUT, thats just me

fixationdarknes
10-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Was this directed at me?

Partly. Forget it though.

deeder
10-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Partly. Forget it though.

Forget what? :thumbup:

Gabrielle
10-03-2006, 10:41 PM
tone the arrogance down a notch, bro. I understand you have good genetics, but at least try to be humble. Working out doesn't have to take over your life. 3 days a week of working out and 3 meals a day. Moderation works, too. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

fixationdarknes
10-03-2006, 11:37 PM
I talked to him on AIM a bit, so I understand his situation. But I do agree you could still go do some lifting here and there, maybe just a couple times a week. Although I think you mentioned you were going to lift sometimes.

Sidior
10-04-2006, 01:00 AM
tone the arrogance down a notch, bro. I understand you have good genetics, but at least try to be humble. Working out doesn't have to take over your life. 3 days a week of working out and 3 meals a day. Moderation works, too. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

:withstupi

dav619
10-04-2006, 10:55 AM
To the original person, you looked GREAT before, and you still look good now, very lean and athletic especially for your age.:thumbup:
Having said this why you would post on a website titled "wannabebig" about how you don't want to be big is beyond me. All that aside, bottom line you look good no matter what illness or training you've had been doing.

Deeder -

Personally i think you've been well out of line in this thread. If some kid wants smoke blown up his ass because of how good he looks, why not humour him? He DOES look good, don't you remember being insecure about your body during your teens? He probably just wants some reassurance and not stuff like -

You skinny bastard - Third world starving child look :scratch:

What is that BS about?? If your not going to be constructive just ignore the thread like most people do. This isn't a place to start abusing teenagers about how there body looks, this is an open internet forum not the playground. If i remeber rightly from your picture thread your hardly a 300lb monster yourself!??

If you've got something to say to me on this subject please PM me rather than airing your crazy opinions of a teenager for all to see.

RBB
10-04-2006, 11:35 AM
the OP has good genetics. that's about all that can be said, hell he's only 145lbs. i don't see why someone would come on a bb'ing forum and post pics if you they don't work out and don't plan to. there are better ways to fish for compliments. i don't think deeder is out of line, this isn't a place for gratuitous ego stroking.

dav619
10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm in not saying this is a place for ego stroking but i definately don't think its the place to bash some 16 year old kid about how he looks like sh!t when he obviously doesn't.

Antonious
10-04-2006, 03:01 PM
no, i dont think i look incredibly awesome..you can humor me if u want...yes, i have good potential, look at the first pics, no.. i dont really care..i would trade my good genetics for a decent wad of cash.

lol, i made this thread to share my story of how i went from dedicated lifter "my life" to someone who coudlnt lift more then grocerys because of a nerve disease, and what i am now after a year. I still have nueralgia. I still cant lift heavy. this isnt another random thread where im posting pics to brag. this is real **** that happens to people.

No, I dont want to ever be serious about lifting again. not after going through that. And now im more happy with my body now then before ironically lol.

I havent really bragged about how I look so awesome now, I look fine for how I want to look, does it really matter beyond that?...

Deeder, i was going to go easy on you..but honestly, your a wannabe meathead.....get a new dayjob. you arent big so i hope your thowing up some good numbers. and
i hope you arent sacrificing a possible career in the mcdonalds industry so you can eat at the right times or make your 4oclock in the weightroom, cause that'd be a ****ing tragedy.

Ruffian do you check to make sure they can deadlift 2x your bodyweight on the first date? im not going to spend all my time trying to impress 30 year old women, and girls with muscles are gross, i like feminine women. course if your a runner and toned that's pretty hot.

I get more female attention now then before, im less bloated, although i wouldnt says its my reason for not lifting, because i live for myeslf, not others.

My last post~ laters.

Ruffian
10-04-2006, 03:09 PM
no, i dont think i look incredibly awesome..you can humor me if u want...yes, i have good potential, look at the first pics, no.. i dont really care..i would trade my good genetics for a decent wad of cash.

lol, i made this thread to share my story of how i went from dedicated lifter "my life" to someone who coudlnt lift more then grocerys because of a nerve disease, and what i am now after a year. I still have nueralgia. I still cant lift heavy. this isnt another random thread where im posting pics to brag. this is real **** that happens to people.

No, I dont want to ever be serious about lifting again. not after going through that. And now im more happy with my body now then before ironically lol.

I havent really bragged about how I look so awesome now, I look fine for how I want to look, does it really matter beyond that?...

Deeder, i was going to go easy on you..but honestly, your a wannabe meathead.....get a new dayjob. you arent big so i hope your thowing up some good numbers. and
i hope you arent sacrificing a possible career in the mcdonalds industry so you can eat at the right times or make your 4oclock in the weightroom, cause that'd be a ****ing tragedy.

Ruffian do you check to make sure they can deadlift 2x your bodyweight on the first date? im not going to spend all my time trying to impress 30 year old women, and girls with muscles are gross, i like feminine women. course if your a runner and toned that's pretty hot.

I get more female attention now then before, im less bloated, although i wouldnt says its my reason for not lifting, because i live for myeslf, not others.

My last post~ laters.

Dude... pay attention... I am dating Deeder. Yes, he can dead lift 3 times my weight actually. However, as I have said before Im not here to tell you off or anything and neither was he. I just dont see your point to posting here if you arent going to lift. Period. This is not a thread where we humour ppls good genetics who brag about not having to lift. This is a thread to praise ppl who work hard and see developments.

Someone should close this thread.

Davidelmo
10-04-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm confused of the point of this thread to be honest.

Why post pics if you say you're not going to lift? You're not after advice, critique or showing progress. You're showing a huge step back in your physique (which may not be your fault) but then you say weightlifting is all crap.

It doesn't have to consume your life - just eat healthily and monitor your intake and go to the gym 3x a week. No need to be late for everything, have problems committing to appointments or anything else. Moderation and toning down the arrogance would help a lot.