PDA

View Full Version : Not used to American food.. What to eat?

Ustedalen
10-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey everyone.

At this time, I’m a foreign exchange student from Norway and lives in North Dakota. I’m on the school Cross Country team, and we have practice every day, and often meet in the weekends. After the cross country season is over, I will probably go over to the YMCA 4-5 days a week to lift. Get some muscles, something I really need. My problem is that I am not used to the American food. I don’t know what’s healthy, and what’s not. So my question for you is; what should I eat during cross country season and what should I eat during lifting? I would be glad if someone took their time to introduce me to the healthy American food.

Some info about me:
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 178lbs
Fast Food, candy: I usually don’t eat very unhealthy food. I’m not very found about pop and fast food, so I think there will be no problem eating healthy during this year.

Thank you for your help.

Jon.

Berger
10-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Eat alot of things with protien.

steak
fish
tuna
chicken
cheese
protien shakes (whey)
protien bars (Oyeah's)
Nutra grain bars.
carbs/cerals/bread/bagels

Holto
10-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Start here:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

http://whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

Anthony
10-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Do you have meat, vegetables, and nuts/seeds in Norway?

Steele
10-04-2006, 05:56 AM
He was referring to that food which is typically american, which they evidently do not have in Norway, else he would not be asking ._.

-Steele

Unreal
10-04-2006, 07:25 AM
And the answer is typical american food is all crap. There is a reason most americans are obese. If you want to make progress, you have to eat what typical americans don't.

Nutragrain bars are just well marketed candy bars.

Anthony
10-04-2006, 08:16 AM
He was referring to that food which is typically american, which they evidently do not have in Norway, else he would not be asking

So my question for you is; what should I eat during cross country season and what should I eat during lifting?

And my answer was, the same stuff you should be eating in Norway - meat, veggies, nuts/seeds.

:hello: