PDA

View Full Version : 29 Pound Bulk in 4 Months Possible ?

projectaero
10-04-2006, 04:43 AM
Hey guys,
I am 5'10 176 pounds my goal on a clean bulk is to get to 205 pounds.
How long will it take me to get to this ?
Could it be done from Start of next month to February (4 Months)
I know it depends on diet and so fourth but is it acheivable ??
Cheers guys

Unreal
10-04-2006, 07:27 AM
4 months is 16 weeks. That is 1.8lbs a week. That is about 1000 cals a day over maintence a day, for 16 weeks. Can you do it? Pretty easy if you have dedication. Will it be a clean bulk with not alot of fat gain, probably not unless your on drugs. Figure you can only add .3-.5lbs of LBM a week, so figure over 16 weeks you may gain 8lbs of LBM, and the other 21lbs are probably going to be fat.

cts122
10-04-2006, 09:31 PM
No its not possible

Keith
10-04-2006, 09:54 PM
No its not possible

No, it IS possible. I would word it like unreal did though. You won't get most of that bulk muscle though. Just keep that in mind, as clean as your going, either way it is extra calories. You will add fat. What is your experience in training, because this does make a difference.

cts122
10-04-2006, 10:40 PM
I highly doubt anyone without an extensive knowledge of diet and bodybuilding would be able to put any more than 15 pounds of LBM within 4 months. Now that would be adding 50% muscle and 50% fat which is unhealthy and IMO unecessary. To add, 15 pounds of muscle is close to a best case scenario and if he were to add even less muscle and more fat it would be even more of a bad idea.

His question was, can HE do it, and i would still answer, no not possible.

The concept itself is possible but even someone using AAS to gain 30 pounds of desirable weight, which is i believe is what the topic entails, is alot to ask for.

Keith
10-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I highly doubt anyone without an extensive knowledge of diet and bodybuilding would be able to put any more than 15 pounds of LBM within 4 months. Now that would be adding 50% muscle and 50% fat which is unhealthy and IMO unecessary. To add, 15 pounds of muscle is close to a best case scenario and if he were to add even less muscle and more fat it would be even more of a bad idea.

His question was, can HE do it, and i would still answer, no not possible.

The concept itself is possible but even someone using AAS to gain 30 pounds of desirable weight, which is i believe is what the topic entails, is alot to ask for.

Haha, I 100% agree with you. He never said LBM, he said clean bulk. My point was he was still going to have a caloric surplus, therefore, there will be fat added. And assuming he is somewhat of a beginner, from asking a question like this, he can gain this weight in this short of time.

EDIT: To the OP, if you are planning on gaining the majority of the weight, muscle, as everyone else here has stated, it won't happen.

BFGUITAR
10-04-2006, 11:03 PM
I went from 145-165 in 2.5 monthes. How much is LBM I dont know. Probably only a few pounds.

But than again, an increase from 145-165 is alot percentage wise, so there should be a good deal of LBM in there.

JasonJeanneret
10-24-2006, 09:27 PM
I went from 145-165 in 2.5 monthes. How much is LBM I dont know. Probably only a few pounds.

But than again, an increase from 145-165 is alot percentage wise, so there should be a good deal of LBM in there.

And the scientific community chimes in!

SpecialK
10-24-2006, 10:35 PM

That would depend on the quality of your diet, how close you were to your genetic potential, and probably a number of other factors.