PDA

View Full Version : Diet for girlfriend

David
02-05-2002, 09:10 AM
ALright, i need a diet plan for my girlfriend.

right now she eats only 3 times a day, and i told her to try to eat 6 times a day, so she will add 3 snacks. Basically we need to know what kinds of food she should eat. She is 5'6" and 135 lbs, and wants to loose 20. Also, she said that she wants to eat only 1,500 calories a day. Is that too little or to much?

For her protein needs i told her to eat 1 can of tuna + 2 chicken breasts + 2.5 scoops of whey, which = about 135 grams.

How many grams of carbs should she eat?

Also, she doesnt eat after working out...and i tried to explain to her why you need to eat after working out, so someone please write a good explanation.

Also, i told her that the only supplements she needs is a protein powder, flaxseed oil and a multivitamin. do you agree/disagree?

:help:

IceRgrrl
02-05-2002, 09:30 AM
If she's 5'6" and weighs 135 lbs, pardon my expression, but why the hell is she wanting to lose 20 lbs??? 115 is WAY to low for someone of that height. What's her frame size? What is her body composition?

Maybe a better goal is to lose x% body fat and put on x lbs. of muscle...which may result in her weight going up but size going down.

David
02-05-2002, 09:40 AM
hi ice girl could you answer some of my ? please?

i told her she looks fine but she wants to loose that much weight, so i dunno. i mean i think she looks great. her frame size is big.

i think what you said about loosing the bodyfat and gaining muscle would make better sense.

Tryska
02-05-2002, 09:51 AM
i'm with icer. she needs to focus on changing bf comp. not getting down to 115 because it seems like a nice number.

David
02-05-2002, 09:54 AM
bump

IceRgrrl
02-05-2002, 09:59 AM
I'd say first of all, get her body fat tested by someone who knows what they're doing and go from there. Once you know her body fat, you can get a pretty good idea of her lean body mass. Someone with a lot of LBM is going to need a different diet than someone with high body fat and not so much LBM.

Also, how active is she? Desk job? Construction? How many workouts per week? Cardio? Weightlifting? That makes a big difference is how many cals she needs.

There are a bunch of websites (maybe someone can help us out here and post the links to their favorites) you can go to to calculate your estimated caloric needs...and if you want to lose weight, start by reducing maintenance cals by 250 or 500 cals per day and see what happens. By trial and error/keeping track of cals, she'll be able to zero in on how many cals she can take in while losing about 1 lb/per week.

1500 sounds really low to me...maybe 1800 would be a good start. I'm currently on a long, slow cut and losing weight on 2100 or 2200 cals per day.

Eating 6 small meals is a great suggestion too...

Tryska
02-05-2002, 10:02 AM
IMO, anyone should be able to lose weight at at least 2000 cals per day depending on what types of food they are eating and how active they are.

1500 is way to low.

better yet....tell ehr to skip the dieting thing al together, or have her eat clean and still at a decent calorie level and have her really focus on lifting some weight.

David
02-05-2002, 10:05 AM
hey icer, thanks for the info.

i remember she told me what her bodyfat was but i dont remember. :confused:

she said she went to 2 different websites and got 2 different answers, one said it was like 15% and the other 9%.

i would say she is very active, she does cardio and also works, and soon will be starting track and soccer practice.

Tryska
02-05-2002, 10:06 AM
she needs to be eating at least 2000 cals a day then. probably closer to 2200.

David
02-05-2002, 10:40 AM
what kinds of foods should she be eating?

RippedUp
02-06-2002, 08:10 AM
The best solution for her: Go buy her Body for Life from BP and tell her to read all. Excellent for a beginner.

David
02-06-2002, 08:56 AM
bump

TreeTrunks
02-06-2002, 08:59 AM
She should just eat natural foods. Cut down on the fats and carbs up the protein intake. Just a cutting diet like you would be doing except a lot less calories.