PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure what I should do?

zeb2520
10-04-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm 5'7 5'8 and i weigh around 155 pounds. My body fat percent is estimated around 15-16 but when I stand up and flex I can see somewhat abs. I want to get the chizled look but I dont want to be skinny and ripped. I want to be kinda big and ripped. Like I want some decent size pecs that are defined and a six pack . I also want my bf% around 10% How much wieght should I gain to achieve this look. My question is should I bulk for like 8 weeks then cut or since I'm around 15% get to 10% then bulk. I'm confused on what to do. Can someone help.

Ricky Bobby
10-04-2006, 09:53 PM
bulk 1st especially if you can see your abs

zeb2520
10-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Is wbb#1 a good work out to use to bulk. Plus should i bulk for like 8 weeks

Ricky Bobby
10-04-2006, 09:58 PM
wbb 1 is an excellent work out period. It will work fine for a bulk.How long tobulk is up to you? Howmuch do you wanna weigh? How old r u? What r ur goals?

mickyjune26
10-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Spend the next couple days reading a lot of the articles, taking notes in a word document, so you can remember the key points.

At your height, if you gain 25 pounds in muscle, you'll look pretty ripped. If this is the first time you are lifting heavy and eating right, your muscles will look bigger, even at the same bodyweight.

I believe that if you eat right, you can bulk without gaining too much fat. A lot of people "bulk", but really are just putting on a lot of fat. It makes them feel better as the weight goes up 1 pound each week. I have been guilty of this myself.

Routine - Keep the routine simple - follow the routine in my signature.
Nutrition - this requires just a little more research. Read all the articles in the signature.
Mentality - The most important thing you can do now is to discovery ways you can enjoy the process of eating right and lifting. Start a WBB online journal so we can all watch your progress, and write why you enjoy lifting.

mickyjune26
10-04-2006, 10:00 PM
PS - As long as you lift heavy, focusing on the compound exercises (deadlifts, squats, bench press, bb row, and bb mil press) for 2 - 3 months, you will get stronger and bigger. Everyone who lifts for the first time experiences this.

zeb2520
10-04-2006, 10:34 PM
you really think i can gain 25 pounds without putting on too much fat. It wont be hard to workout but getting the eating part right is goin to be hard for me. Which routine in your signature are u talking about. P.S. I used to workout for football in highschool so i would count this as a first time. Ive been out of it for a while though. The eating right will be a first for me.To ricky bobby I'm not sure how much i wanna wiegh, I was thinking around like 170 maybe more idk. Im 18 years old. My goals are to just get big and strong. I want to get the ripped look but be at a good size. Not the skinny ripped. Plus i want around 10% body fat too. Im at like 15-16 %

Ricky Bobby
10-04-2006, 11:08 PM
I would bulk. Try to add a pound or 2 a week. Check in at 8 weeks and reevaluate then. But definitly bulk, stick to the compound movts and lift heavy. If you bulk cleanly I do not think you will add that much fat.

coconut
10-04-2006, 11:46 PM
PS - As long as you lift heavy, focusing on the compound exercises (deadlifts, squats, bench press, bb row, and bb mil press) for 2 - 3 months, you will get stronger and bigger. Everyone who lifts for the first time experiences this.

how come you are adding 15 pounds on your bench every week O_O