PDA

View Full Version : Eating late at night

mr_hand
02-05-2002, 11:39 AM
I want to start cutting down because I have an ample amount of bodyfat, and wanna get rid of it by summer. On some nights, due to my schedule, I dont get home from the gym till after 10pm, sometimes 10:30ish. For instance last night, I didnt eat my post workout meal till 11pm. Is this gonna affect me trying to drop fat, because I always thought it was bad to eat, and then go to sleep on a full stomach, cuz you have all these cals just sitting there. What should I do. Its only like 2 nights out of the week. I eat, and then basically hit the hay an hour later.

Hot Shot
02-05-2002, 11:46 AM
It depends on what you eat

Neil
02-05-2002, 11:49 AM
I would take a protien drink or eat a steak or some other healthy souce of protein before bed, but I'd stay away from carbs if you are trying to cut bf.

mr_hand
02-05-2002, 12:01 PM
So basically eat a meal with protein and fat. Limit carbs if none at all. Usually I'll just throw a couple cans of tuna in a bowl with a tbspn of mayo, and some celery or something like that.

unev_en
02-05-2002, 12:06 PM
If this meal is your post-workout meal, then feel free to consume carbohydrates; not only are they essential to replenish muscle gylcogen and prevent muscle catabolism over the length of the night, but they will not be stored as fat if they are eaten post-workout.

Tryska
02-05-2002, 12:07 PM
cottage cheese and flax!

syntekz
02-05-2002, 12:19 PM
Enough Tryska! ;)

But yeah, what Tryska and Neil said.

Severed Ties
02-05-2002, 12:20 PM
Eat your post workout meal, preferably carbs and protein.

People need to get over this fear of eating before bed, just make smart food choices and limit the calories of the meal.

ST

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-05-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Severed Ties
Eat your post workout meal, preferably carbs and protein.

People need to get over this fear of eating before bed, just make smart food choices and limit the calories of the meal.

ST

Agreed, especially if it's after training. Unless you're eating a ridiculously large amount of carbs it won't get stored as fat.

YatesNightBlade
02-06-2002, 02:54 AM
Milk, Eggs Whites, Natty Peanut Butter, Flax, Cottage Cheese are ideal.

unev_en
02-06-2002, 07:27 AM
Normally, I would agree with Yates. However, since this is a post-training meal, I do not feel that carbohydrates would be a problem; as Chicken_Daddy said, unless you go overboard on them, they won't be stored as fat.

YatesNightBlade
02-06-2002, 08:51 AM
Sorry .... didn't see this was a post workout meal.
Yeah I agree with ya.