PDA

View Full Version : Feedback, please.

Sincer
10-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi, looking for some advice on where to go from here.
I am currently 19 years old, 6'00'', 161 lbs, about 10-12% bf, been lifting for about 2 years, last 1 year with decently well-rounded yet ridiculously large volume routine which stalled my progress due to overwork and undereating. I have a solid routine now and am tracking my diet on fitday to make sure I get at least maintainence, mine is around 3k I think. I lost 4-6 lbs of muscle over past 8 months due to being paranoid about losing my abs and undereating.
My reasons for lifting are as shallow as they come-making up for my lack of social skills with girls, so as I said before I'm pretty hung up on not losing the abs during a bulk. My friend tells me I should bulk and get bigger arms. Should I try to get bigger/more of the 'thick' look? Any areas that need more work? Feedback appreciated.

whiteman90909
10-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Just bulk. You will lose some definition in your abs, but if you go on a nice slow bulk, you can minimize your fat gain.

miken5254
10-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Looking lean buddy, to get bigger, the way is to bulk and have fun with bulking too, don't feel bad if you get a little fatter because it will be worth it next summer.
Side question- are you really 10-12%?, you seem lower.

Sincer
10-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I've never had the scientific measure done, simply guessing bf% by that defined abs are around 10-12%. Diet is utterly clean except for a few shots one night a weekend so yea it may be a bit lower.

Side note-personally I don't feel compelled to get terribly bigger, mainly wanting to know if you guys think I need more mass, work on bigger arms as my friend said I should, or work on whatever other muscle is lacking to complete the look etc.

Tofer
10-05-2006, 10:38 PM
First of all, looking good man. You're pretty damn ripped.

As for your question, no one here can tell you what to do. This site is called Wanna Be Big so most people here will tell you you'd be better off putting on some muscle, but it really comes down to how you feel and what your own goals are. Personally, my goal is to get bigger and worry about the abs later on, but I'm not going to try to force that mentality on you.

If you decide you want to get thicker, then we're here to help you reach that goal, but the decision is yours.

sharkall2003
10-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Yes, you should go for the bigger "thick" look. Women aren't all about the abs. If you're a large and in charge guy the women will look at you as if you're more able to control a situation. If that's what you're in lifting for.

Anyways, I would suggest not hitting your arms too much more. Hit them like you would every other muscle group. Grow all around and you'll look much more filled out.

Don't worry about losing your abs. As long as they are outlined women won't really care. And I've talked with many women and it seems as if they don't really worry about the abdominals. They're more worried about a guy who's outgoing, charming, and in control of himself. I'd suggest working on your intra and interpersonal skills if you want to catch more women.

Good luck to whatever you want to do. If you need any advice, please post some more so we can further help you in regards to your situation.

KingJustin
10-05-2006, 11:14 PM
You are incredibly ripped and looking great man. I would guess you're somewhere around 7-8% body fat instead of 10-12%.

Read some of the John Berardi articles, some of the T-Mag articles, etc. You can do a clean bulk and put on minimal amounts of fat. I would expect to gain 20-30 lbs in a year and to add no more than 3-4% fat if you do it right. Throwing in HIIT, eating clean and timing your meals right always helps.

Clifford Gillmore
10-06-2006, 02:28 AM
Pfft, gain 50lbs. Put on fat, muscle, hair, do what you've got to do.

K1M
10-06-2006, 03:00 AM
Pfft, gain 50lbs. Put on fat, muscle, hair, do what you've got to do.

Those that fear to bulk fear greatness.

eastbaylifter
10-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Tofer's right. If you're happy with how you look now, then maintain. If you want bigger arms, chest, etc., then do a slow bulk. But don't ask us what your goals are - you've got to OWN your goals. Once you know what they are, then we can give you advice how to get there.

Stumprrp
10-06-2006, 08:49 AM
thats a solid lean physique with a ton of room for mass, i would just do a clean slow bulk even though i cant stand them so you stay lean, 500 cals over maintanance, but dont sweat the large pizza, please dont drive yourself insane, its ok to cheat man!

Gabrielle
10-08-2006, 04:56 PM
bulk slowly, my friend. You are in great shape, but a little thicker and you would look awesome. Or keep doing what you are doing because you look really fit.

KevinStarke
10-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Lookin lean man, sweet avatar too i'm a closet FF nerd.

Tofer
10-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Haha, I didn't notice you had Ultros for your avatar.

Man, I loved that game.

rookiebldr
10-08-2006, 05:44 PM
bulk slowly, my friend. You are in great shape, but a little thicker and you would look awesome. Or keep doing what you are doing because you look really fit.

I'm definitely with Gabrielle on this one. You are in great shape and you could look awesome with a bulk and adding on some size. Big biceps for sure!

But if you're happy the tell your friends you are and maintain. But some girls love a little chub too. ;)

Sincer
10-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Alright thanks for all the input guys, think I'm gonna go with a slow, slow clean bulk and see what happens. I'm already getting a little bit stronger after just a month of having updated routine and diet with the great info from this site and community.
:clap:

Built
10-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Greetings! You look great, nice shape, and lean as hell!

I lift for shallow reasons myself. No criticism here.

Welcome to the board. :)

KarateBoy
10-08-2006, 10:43 PM
How are the legs?

BFGUITAR
10-10-2006, 01:31 PM
May I ask what you do for your abs?

muscle chic
10-10-2006, 01:46 PM
I'd have to say Bulk!!

Sincer
10-10-2006, 04:02 PM
The legs are pretty solid, keeping them proportionate and such.

I wouldn't recommend but since you asked.
Abs-Once Every 3 Days
4x10 weighted ball crunch
4x holding leg raise(laying down)
4x12 weighted twisting crunch
4x6 3sec verticle crunch
4x10 hanging leg raise
4x10 oblique lean
4x8 abductor machine(every other ab day)

People will say overworking and it is, but I had a much more ridiculous volume for abs for over a year and it's more of a personal preference now, I doubt I get much more out of it than if I had half the volume. Built does just 3x8 weighted crunches once a week(I think thats what I read in one of her posts) and look at her abs. I have good abs from good genetics and a clean, controlled diet-I haven't eaten any fast food, desserts, fried food, for about two years. It's to the point now where I get a horrible stomach ache if I have anything sugar heavy or fried. Its pretty cool actually, its a self-sustaining diet of sorts in that if you get to this point desserts and fried trash aren't in the least bit tempting.

Built
10-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Holy hell!

I can NOT see the benefit of doing this much ab work. WHY WHY WHY ... ?

<slithers her lazy ass out of this thread>

Sincer
10-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Yea, I used to do ten different ab exercises with even more reps... I'm stubborn and ignorant alot of the time, but I'm fixing my routine slowly.

Jorge Sanchez
10-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Personally, I would add at least another 20lbs. You look very lean and somewhat muscular without a shirt on, but at 6' 160lbs you must look like a twig with a shirt on.

Yes girls like abs, but I got alot more compliments about my body when I was tipping the scales at 195-200lbs with a little fat, than I did when I was a very lean (albeit not as lean as you) 175lbs at 6'1''.

Your chest looks fairly good already so I would focus on legs, back, shoulders and arms.

I'd also like to add that lifting to get girls won't get you very far. A nice body might help you get your foot in the door, but it's not going to seal the deal.

must_eat
10-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Chest looks good, great abs, I would slow bulk. Good job man! :smoke:

Ruffian
10-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Looking lean, however, its kinda hard to tell how well rounde dyou are muscularly without a full body view. Show us a back picture, and a leg picture and then Ill come back on and tell you what I think. You are definately lean but I have to say, why would you do so much ab work? If you are doing a proper routine you shouldnt have to do 10 different ab excersizes 2-3 times p/week... its just insanity. Weighted cable pulldowns are all you will need for a mean set of abs, crunches and everything will give you more muscular endurance but will more often then not actually decrease their size.

Not my tummy!

Honestly though, check out the WBB routines and start using those, you will see huge gains all over your body much quicker then the focused routines that seem to be found on most other sites. Eat lots and eat healthy, if you do a clean bulk you wil lgain muscle mass and very little fat.

Sincer
10-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Pics of back and legs. I just started doing deadlift two weaks ago so I should be developing some more lower back soon. What lifts are there to improve the area between deltoids and neck? I'm doing 4x6 of shrugs, db one week barbell the next, but haven't seen too much progress.