PDA

View Full Version : How does this diet look?

rapidride3
10-05-2006, 11:25 PM
I was wondering how this looks to some of the gurus I am 32 5'8" and currently at 212 lbs. I really feel like i am carrying around 2 much weight. I would like to get down to 190-200 lbs for now. This diet consist of 2825 cals, 287g of carbs, 221g of protein and 92g of fat according to fitday. Is this a good???? p.s. I haven't bought any supplements. i also don't eat hardly any veggies,, i am picky Is this a good start????

Breakfast: 2 egg white w/ 1 yolk,,,1 cup/bowl of wheaties w/ 2%milk 1 wheat toast w/ no butter,,,1 bananna

Mid morning:1scoop weight gainer w/ 8oz of 2% milk and 1 orange

Lunch: 2 cans of tuna 6.5 oz each
1/2 cup of wheat noodles w/ 1tbs of margarine

pre work out: 1 orange and 1 baked potato w/ 2 tbsp of margarine

post workout: 1 tuna,, 1 scoop of whey protein w/ 2% milk,,,1/2 cup of wheat noodles w/ 1 tbsp of margarine, 1 apple

1 hour before bed: 2 egg whites

rapidride3
10-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Anyone?

Steele
10-06-2006, 11:31 AM
You want to multiply the lbs of excess fat you are carrying by 31, which will then give you your optimal calorie deficit to work with. You want to be lifting heavy with a decent routine whilst cutting to preserve muscle. Read the 'What a Bodybuiler Eats' thread for more info on foodstuffs. Gl!

-Steele

Built
10-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Protein and fat look sufficient. Diet doesn't look half bad.

How's your progress?

Built
10-06-2006, 11:40 AM
PS eat your veggies. And a whole egg or two at bedtime might be better than just the whites.

Mr. D
10-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Margarine???Are we talking transfat here?

What is your body fat percentage?

Why the aversion to vegetables?Are there any that you like?Fiber does wonders for ones diet, especially if you are going ton a caloric restriction.

To me it seems the calories are high. Just remember that as a minimum, you need 1 g/lbm of protein and 0.5/lbm of fats (healthy fats). Find your maintence calories and take about 20% off of that number. As a starting point you can do 15x your bodyweight and figure out by trial/error what your maintence cals are.

Look to include nuts,fish oil, avocados, natural peanut butter into your diet.

The person who you should seek out is BUILT.

Built
10-06-2006, 11:43 AM
EW! Good catch on the margarine. Ick.

OP - this isn't your cut diet, right? It's your maintenance?

Stumprrp
10-06-2006, 11:49 AM
diet looks good to me but i say eat the whole egg, especially on a cut for more fat

rapidride3
10-06-2006, 12:43 PM
What can i replace the margarine with??? I'm not real sure,, but i thought i needed some fat in my diet?? where should i get it from? I am not on a full blown cut,,, i would say i am trying to "trim up" first then let my body get used to being around 195 lbs. -200lbs before i go on a full cut in the spring/summer. I just cannot stand my fat face,,being able to tie my shoe with ease,,,fit in my 38"waist work pants at 5'8" and carrying around 212 lbs. p.s. all of that was earned with moderate weight training and ALL junkfood. I figure i just want to look better on a little less calories yet reaching my protein/carb/fat goals which i never did even on junk food. (at least protein, and way too much fat) Shouldn't i actually gain muscle if i drop 12-15 lbs if i am meeting my macros even if it is with less calories??? P.s. I just thought 2800+ cals would be a good starting point??? I am not going on a full blown cut as of yet.

Built
10-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Butter is a healthy choice. Olive oil, nuts, avocado, natural peanut butter ...

rapidride3
10-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Margarine???Are we talking transfat here?

What is your body fat percentage?

Why the aversion to vegetables?Are there any that you like?Fiber does wonders for ones diet, especially if you are going ton a caloric restriction.

To me it seems the calories are high. Just remember that as a minimum, you need 1 g/lbm of protein and 0.5/lbm of fats (healthy fats). Find your maintence calories and take about 20% off of that number. As a starting point you can do 15x your bodyweight and figure out by trial/error what your maintence cals are.

Look to include nuts,fish oil, avocados, natural peanut butter into your diet.

The person who you should seek out is BUILT.
Actually it is country crock squeeze,,,,1 tbsp contains 7g of fat with 0g of trans,,,4g of polyunsaturated,,1.5 g of monounsat. fat,, and 1g of sat. fat. iIs this bad??????

Built
10-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Butter is a healthy fat. Stick with that.

Mr. D
10-06-2006, 01:04 PM
"trim up" and cut up could be construed as analagous. Your goal I would assume is to drop weight, with the majority or all of it being fat. To do that you need to create some sort of caloric deficit while lifting HEAVY. The less deficit you create, the slower the weight loss and hopefully little to zero muscle mass. On the flip side, if you create too big a deficit then the weight you lose will include a large amount of muscle mass, but it will be a faster weight loss.

The only way to gain or create muscle is if you are in a caloric surplus, i.e eating above maintence cals.

I tend to stay away from processed fats like country crock and such. Like i listed above avocado, nuts, olive oil, fish oil (do not cook!), natural peanut butter are great fat sources. And yes you need a minimum of 0.5 g/lbm of fat.

No word on veggies?

rapidride3
10-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Butter it is ,, i guess? I must admit i am no pro when it comes to this bodybuilding nutrition. However i am determined this time. I have only been on this diet for about 4 days now so my results aren't there yet,, however it already feels good to drop a little water weight from the massive amounts of sodium i was taking in on a junk/fast food diet.

Mr. D
10-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Built will tell you and can back it up with studies and research that sodium, salt has some anabolic properties and is key when on a CUT.

Built
10-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Salt and creatine are both good on a cut - they push more water into your muscles.

rapidride3
10-06-2006, 01:17 PM
I'll remember sodium and creatine later on down the road, however i 'll prob start taking some creatine once i get settled and comfortable with my diet not to mention some extra cash.

Built
10-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Creatine is cheap, and salt is cheaper.

But you're right, no supps yet. Just get your diet working.

Did you read the diet link in my sig?