PDA

View Full Version : Phister on Letterman

Sensei
10-07-2006, 06:52 AM
If you didn't see David Letterman on Thursday night, Phil Phister (the new WSM) was on and flipped a car. Nothing WSM fans haven't seen before but, as always, impressive. Dave noted that the "car lift bar" was an option on that particular car (I didn't watch the whole clip on youtube so I don't know if it's included): http://youtube.com/watch?v=MSW3Zr2KN2s

Natetaco
10-07-2006, 08:02 AM
holy crap! that looked like cake to him!:omg:

Goodwinm
10-07-2006, 08:19 AM
thats insane! ow heavy is that car? Like 1-2 tonnes?
Beast..

waynedang
10-07-2006, 03:21 PM
thats insane! ow heavy is that car? Like 1-2 tonnes?
Beast..

1800lbs !

also check this one out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-XdWkT4lrus&mode=related&search=

Westsidemonster
10-08-2006, 10:17 AM
It's insane! He is super strong! How can anyone be that strong?? Did he take steroids?

Natetaco
10-08-2006, 10:32 AM
It's insane! He is super strong! How can anyone be that strong?? Did he take steroids?

my guess, yes

Bob
10-08-2006, 01:56 PM
does it matter?
I'm not a fan of steriods for myself.. but who am I to judge others.. we each make our own choices..

Phil is a firefighter.. so a logical assumption would be that he is a good guy, who cares enough about others to try and save them from fire, etc.. isn't that what we should care about? I'm sure no one being pulled from a fire by big Phil cares if he is using steroids..

BTW.. it is generally assumed that the WSM pros are all on the juice.. but they still have to bust their arse to lift the weights they do.. they are the ones who have to worry about side effects and taking any risks..

powerrack
10-08-2006, 05:14 PM

Haha, I love this, everytime someone talks about a high level strength athlete,bodybuilder,etc. someone brings up, STEROIDS! Give it a break, it doesn't matter if the person did or did not, because there are a ton of joe blows in every gym on high dose cycles that do not come near any of these top athletes. The same thing happened in the Kaz thread, someone brought up STEROIDS. Let's put it to a rest. There are a lot more factors to being one of the top out there then steroids.

Pfister is a great athlete and I respect the guy big time. He always said he'd one day win WSM and now he did. A man of his word!

TommyBoy
10-08-2006, 05:16 PM
No, he uses Cell-Tech.

Westsidemonster
10-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Cell-tech? That's it? I think it's more than that, it has to do with good genetics and proper nutrition!
lmfao!

bigbadwolfe
10-09-2006, 09:11 AM
It was Gakic :)

Guido
10-09-2006, 09:11 AM
WSM tests for steroids. That's why Mariusz Pudzianowski lost his WSM title two years ago. All of those WSM guys are obviously genetically blessed, train like animals, and eat crazy amounts of food and supplements. Under those conditions, it is possible to get that strong.

waynedang
10-09-2006, 09:41 AM
WSM tests for steroids. That's why Mariusz Pudzianowski lost his WSM title two years ago. All of those WSM guys are obviously genetically blessed, train like animals, and eat crazy amounts of food and supplements. Under those conditions, it is possible to get that strong.

I think Mariuz was poped for cocaine. That is what i had read.

RedSpikeyThing
10-09-2006, 09:43 AM
All of those WSM guys are obviously genetically blessed, train like animals, and eat crazy amounts of food and supplements.

I think that's the more important part, though.