PDA

View Full Version : skinny people need to eat as much as possible???

someoneunlikeyo
02-05-2002, 03:23 PM
Alittle about myself, I'm fairly skinny, hardly any fat and am on a protein carb diet. should I just pig out on what ever I want (milk, cheese, butter ect)? I havent been eating whatever I want so far, but I need to know more about milk, Is milk good for someone like me? or is it just to fatty? whats the best for me to gain weight and get great definition at the same time? I also have the protein shake called mammoth 2500 which requires 2 cups a milk twice a day, should I use it in my case??? all info would greatly be appreciated and hopefully people in my position can benifit from this thread aswell.

Someone

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-05-2002, 03:25 PM
You do want to eat more calories to sustain growth yes, but if you just binge on food all the time you will add fat. I'm sure you don;t want this.

Yes bulk, but do it with a bit of care and try to do it as lean as possible.

Slim Schaedle
02-05-2002, 03:52 PM
, Is milk good for someone like me?
Milk would be great for you

someoneunlikeyo
02-05-2002, 04:20 PM
hey, I've decided to drink milk with my shakes only and water the rest of the time(which I had planned origonally). and as for eating whatever, I'm going to eat basically clean (cheese on the sandwich once a day, dressing on the salad once a day, no butter or condements) with little extras here and there and a whatever day once a week, yah, that sounds perfect.

DelveyBoy
02-05-2002, 04:23 PM
im skinny and i just eat wot eva i aint gonna put any fat on cos im 15 wit a high meabolism so eat up

Neil
02-05-2002, 04:32 PM
I agree 100% with what Chicken said, eat a lot but try and keep it clean.

DelveyBoy
02-05-2002, 04:34 PM
if ur bothered about gaining fat, run or cycle or swim

Slim Schaedle
02-05-2002, 04:35 PM
I agree 100% with what Chicken said, eat a lot but try and keep it clean.
I agree as well,.... even with a fast metbalolism, i feel you will make more progress eating lots of good food, rather than just lots of food and stuffing it down. I would have made more progress early on had I followed this better:cool:

Shocker
02-05-2002, 07:42 PM
eat good food but you dont need to be overly conscious of it. I would just go hard if I were you. I used to be a skinny dude and I had a super fast metab but I made it that way, cause I was boxing, swimming, cycling, running and liftin weights all the way through my teens.

I needed to eat sooooo much to put on any size at all, like I ate real clean most of the time, all the supps, tons of food, as well as heaps of meat, burgers, chips, pizza, ice cream, a couple of litres of meat, salads - 8 meals a day and big meals too and there I was 130 lbs for like 5 years. put myself in hospital once from servere stomach cramps - too much damn food. Keep at it, you bust a barrier eventually - weird. ;)

Shocker
02-05-2002, 07:44 PM
i mean a couple of litres of milk (p/d)

prof
02-06-2002, 10:24 AM
shocker thought you were blending it into a shake LOL

someoneunlikeyo
02-06-2002, 12:55 PM
hey thanks you guys for all the info. I am going to eat whatever I want, but is there some things I want to stay away from like greasy stuff? Im going to drink alot of milk and eat lots of meats, carbs and lots of fruits and veggies. I am not being to fanatical about it thats for sure. Im still going to eat 6 times a day too.

Thanks agin,
someone

smurf
02-27-2002, 02:15 AM
lol meat shake

Joe Black
02-27-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by someoneunlikeyo
hey thanks you guys for all the info. I am going to eat whatever I want, but is there some things I want to stay away from like greasy stuff? Im going to drink alot of milk and eat lots of meats, carbs and lots of fruits and veggies. I am not being to fanatical about it thats for sure. Im still going to eat 6 times a day too.

Thanks agin,
someone

sounds good.. donlt be afraid to eata lot of carbs. try to monotor your calorie intak as much as poss and if you don't gain anything in 14 days whack it up 300-500 cal's

Just try and stick to calorie dense foods. big jacket potatoes, big ole bowls of oatmeal, pasta, rice, bread, milk etc.

Leviathan
02-27-2002, 04:32 AM
I am an ectomorph, so when I bulk I typically take in about 3500 calories/day.

Then I multiply my calories/day by 53% and divide by 4 to get the amount of protein I should consume each day.

I multiply my calories/day by 35% and divide by 4 to get the amount of carbohydrates I should consume each day.

And, I multiply my calories/day by 10% and divide by 9 to get the amount of fat I should consume each day.

You gotta look at the nutritional labels or search the USDA nutritional database for information on the nutrient breakdowns of what you eat to form a good personalized diet.

Leviathan
02-27-2002, 12:55 PM
If you are going to give advice, at least give correct advice. You should be drinking about a gallon or two of water each day. You should actually probably lay off the milk and juice because those are simple carbohydrates... you want complex carbohydrates. Therefore, eat things like rice and potatos.

The goal here is to gain lean muscle mass... not fat. Some people will tell you just to take in 5000 calories or something like that. That is ridiculous and will not help you in the long run... plus it is unhealthy. Go check out some of the example diets, I posted one about a week ago that I'm using now to bulk.

Qea
02-27-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Leviathan
If you are going to give advice, at least give correct advice.

Everyone has a different opinion bro, who's to say yours is correct too? What works for one might not for the other.

The idea of having a forum is so that people can look at various inputs from others and make a decision on their own

just my 2c :D

IMHO, someoneunlikeyou, u should try to bulk clean. It might be harder to get in enuff calories from eating clean but at least its quality. Personally I'm having trouble with that myself but I'm trying.

I like to see my abs ;)

Leviathan
02-28-2002, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Qea

Everyone has a different opinion bro, who's to say yours is correct too? What works for one might not for the other.

The idea of having a forum is so that people can look at various inputs from others and make a decision on their own

I understand, but I can back up what I say with science. I'll spare you that right now since I'm not sure how involved of an explanation people would like here. Frankly, from my experience there are a lot of first time lifters on this forum that think they know how to build muscle from what they read in the muscle magazines. Yet, when asked to explain their position - they mysteriously disappear or fail to give a correct answer.

For some reason, the guy I criticized deleted his post - so now it looks like I'm contradicting myself. Schizophrenia I guess?