PDA

View Full Version : Should I just eat big? and what to eat...

Fuzzy
10-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Ive been thinking for a while wether to try to lose the last bit of fat and get perfect abs, etc etc.

I think, espcially at my age, I should just keep eating... and eating clean

Theres no point trying to get all skinny and crap, so Im gonna hit the wieghts hard, eat big, think big, get big, and keep doing it.

Between hard ergo-rower sessions and 3 on water session, plus maybe some HIIT sprints here and there I think Im gonna be doing enough cardio so that my bf% doesent go too high. But stays at a level were I can just lift more, get bigger,and still have enough for growing.

My main cocnern is what to eat to fill in the time between meals when, as a 14 year old doing this much excersize and growing.

My usual food intake will consist of BIG BOWL of meusli, with milk, and/or 5eggs with tomato and stuff. Ill usually have some fruit, and a bucket of water at about 11. Lunch at 1, I eat bout half a chicken in a big salad, afternoon, more fruit and usually 2.5 pound steak or a whole chicken for dinner with a salad.

Between the three meals, even with the fruit I get veeeerrry hungry, no matter how much I eat. And I mean cant concetrate in class Im so damn hungry, and days kinda drag very long.

What would be a good low fat high protein filling snack ito fill the gap?

Protein Bars, I wish but mum says no. She thinks Im being gluttonous cause of all the food Im already eating. But if its the best option then Ill get some and keep em in my locker if I have to.

And should I be getting more protein, from suppliments?

Thanks
Fuz

Mr. D
10-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Why do you want lowfat? Fat consumption is vital and is key to staying full. You should aim 0.5 g/lbm of fat. LBM = lean body mass = your weight x (1-bf%)

How many calories a day are you eating?Track on fitday. If you are not gaining, add more calories. You are young and producing plenty of testesterone naturally to have great gains.

Fuzzy
10-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Im eating roughly 3200 cals a day.

I should be eating 38g of fat a day, Im getting 40

Mr. D
10-10-2006, 08:05 AM
38g of fat sounds very low, so you are telling me you only have 80g of lbm on you? According to your signature, you are 200 lbs and 15% bf. That would put you at 172 lbs of lbm. That being the case you need 86g of fat.

You need to ramp up the fat to 86g of fat. You are lebanese, so olive oil and olives are in easy supply at your house. Add the oil to your shakes and olives to your food.

How many grams of protein and carb are you getting a day?

McIrish
10-10-2006, 08:15 AM
:withstupi

I throw olive oil in everything back home, and my folks are Irish - being Lebanese, you should have no problem finding some.

As for being hungry during class, I hear that, Fuz - bring a plastic sandwich bag filled with oats or something to class. Granted, you'll get some weird looks, but a cup of oats in the middle of the day ought to satiate you for a little bit. Granola is probably a better choice, though, since it won't dry you out like a beast. I recommend checking out the recipe for protein brownies that HahnB posted in the recipe section and making these on your own - they're ace.

Fuzzy
10-11-2006, 03:08 AM
Okay!!! Im definitely upping the fat... sorry, just some misguided thinking, I wont go into that.

So, 86g+ of fat a day, done.

I cant give you exact carb figures except to say I dont eat mnay carbs. Occasionally Ill havea bit of Lebanese bread that mum makes (she'd kill me if I dont eat em) And the big bowl of meusli in the morning.

Thats it for carbs.

Protein, I think about 200 grams a day. Im not sure either.

6eggs+1chicken+2pound steak=???

Your right about the olive oil, we have alot, Ill chuck heaps into my lunch salads, and we have tonnes of olives wich I usually snack on.

Sorry, I messed up the calculation, wasnt sure to use metric or imperial. SO I stabbed a guess.

Those protein brownies, do I need the extra 1000cals, and 50g of fat? Thats one bar!

I have managed to convine my mother to let me order Musashi (easily available from school) so gonna start witht he shakes, and Ill make thos brownies if youg uys reccomend it.

Stoopy
10-11-2006, 10:06 AM
My friend who is pretty jacked says he makes a bunch of chicken breasts and shreds them. He then boils a bunch of sweet potatoes and mixes it in with the chicken. He packs about a serving of it in tupperware and eats that for a snack.

dan adams
10-12-2006, 06:11 AM
Being lebanese the olive oil and olives will be available very easy. Then you should use it in your food. It would help you great .

Fuzzy
10-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Today I relaised one thing... my idea of alot of food, and the majority of other peoples is a very differnet thing.

Friend "I ate 8 slices of pizza, man Im stuffed"

I ate 3 pounds of BBQ meat last night. Whats your point mate?

The amount of food Im going through is pretty damn big, and Im still hungry half the time.

I mean sure, Im growing, rowing, and lifting... Its pretty high intensity stuff, and I need the fuel.

BUt today it really hit me how much I do eat. I dont eat 1 chicken a night, I eat 2.

ANd Im not gorging myself, Im reasonably full after most meals (and hungry 1 hour later)

And its not a bad thing like most people assume, some think Im a pig cause of what I eat. But Im making sure my body gets all the protein it wants and more.

RedSpikeyThing
10-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Today I relaised one thing... my idea of alot of food, and the majority of other peoples is a very differnet thing.

Friend "I ate 8 slices of pizza, man Im stuffed"

I ate 3 pounds of BBQ meat last night. Whats your point mate?

The amount of food Im going through is pretty damn big, and Im still hungry half the time.

I mean sure, Im growing, rowing, and lifting... Its pretty high intensity stuff, and I need the fuel.

BUt today it really hit me how much I do eat. I dont eat 1 chicken a night, I eat 2.

ANd Im not gorging myself, Im reasonably full after most meals (and hungry 1 hour later)

And its not a bad thing like most people assume, some think Im a pig cause of what I eat. But Im making sure my body gets all the protein it wants and more.

That, my friend, is the miracle of a fast teenaged metabolism. I'm a computer science student, so minus my workouts and a weekly game of hockey, I sit on my ass most of the day. I weigh 146 and eat 3500 calories / day - more than just about everyone I know :)

hardgainer169
10-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I get so sick of people calling me a "glutton" and a "pig". my roommates get all uptight and disgusted when I eat every 2-3 hrs. I try to explain it and their like "u don't need that much food..." Whatever. It gets really old tho.

Stumprrp
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
dont worry dude when i was bulking i ate rediculous and i mean rediculous, i had a 32 oz steak and i was hungry 2 hours later, just like yourself lol.

hardgainer169
10-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Geeez dude I could never eat a 2 lb steak in one sitting. Maybe in a year or two