PDA

View Full Version : so starchy carbs makes you hungry??

coconut
10-09-2006, 04:34 PM
so no whole weath bread or oats during cutting rigth? just vegiies and fruits?

deeder
10-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Huh? Maybe it depends on the person... I really like oatmeal for cutting... Keeps me full for a long time.

Wait.. I thought starchy carbs were stuff like potatoes? Umm.. Anyway... I still like oats and bread for cutting :p

malkore
10-10-2006, 03:33 PM
its the insulin, or rather, the insulin fading away after consuming starchy carbs, that can cause hunger.

Built can explain it better than I can, but its true. I'm never hungry til the evenings, becuase that's when I train, so that when I have my carbs.
The rest of the day is protien, fats and veggies, and I just don't feel hungry until about 90 mins after my pre workout meal, which contains brown rice.

both starch and sugar carbs cause insulin to spike. protein, fat, and veggies don't.

Built
10-10-2006, 03:41 PM
It basically comes down to comfort. Starches make some of us hungry. If you're like this too, target your starches around your lifting window and keep them out of the rest of your day.

ddegroff
10-10-2006, 05:28 PM
If it's a carb it makes me hungry. Like Built said it's more of comfort thing, if carbs make you super hungry then have them around your training.

Con
10-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Ummm, just something id like to add....

@ malkacore, according to lyle, protein raises insulin as well.

I think everyone is different, for me, fruits could kill me, id have an apple and wanna eat my entire house. Gotta figure out whats right for u.

ddegroff
10-10-2006, 06:00 PM
according to lyle, protein raises insulin as well.

Correct, but it's smaller than carbs.

Built
10-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Or certainly slower. Fast carbs stimulate more of a spike. Protein, slower carbs stimulate more of a trickle.

malkore
10-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Yes I oversimplified the insulin response to protein to illustrate the point that carbs always have a higher potentional for insulin release.

BigMatt
10-14-2006, 07:41 PM
slower carbs stimulate more of a trickle.
what is a trickle?

the doc
10-14-2006, 08:52 PM
high starch, low fibre foods will digest quickly and therefore stimulate hunger at a more rapid pace.

Fuzzy
10-14-2006, 10:43 PM
yeah cause the ur body just munches threw it with nothing to really break down.

Thats why oats rule for keeping me full, they just stay there for a long time being digested.