PDA

View Full Version : PowerLifting diets

jazzy5395
10-11-2006, 03:54 AM
i am 21yrs old, Female and 96kg (211.2pounds) all natural and i have just started powerlifting training 5 weeks ago and i wanted to compete in december and i am only a couple of kgs off the state records in western Australia i just wanted to know if anyone knows much about bodybuilding diets for the comp i wanna be 90kg (198) but not loose any strength
:bang:

Clifford Gillmore
10-11-2006, 05:02 AM
21 in WA? I'm 20 in WA, shoot me a PM about training and i'll talk to you over msn about diet stuff.

1mmort4l
10-11-2006, 05:13 AM
Haha, im 25 in WA.. Go figure... :omg:

What area? Im near Morley in Perth.

Clifford Gillmore
10-11-2006, 06:08 AM
I'm livining in Maidavale, working in Manning, gyming at Zest clubs for the moment - looking towards Curtain uni for training again. If either of you are looking to train 4 days PL style contact me, I need a motivated training partner that trains for heavy stuff. I'll look after you for meat too :)

1mmort4l
10-11-2006, 07:29 AM
I'm livining in Maidavale, working in Manning, gyming at Zest clubs for the moment - looking towards Curtain uni for training again. If either of you are looking to train 4 days PL style contact me, I need a motivated training partner that trains for heavy stuff. I'll look after you for meat too :)

Meat huh? Hmmm....
MV is not too far away, but i actually prefer bodybuilding. Although i have substantial lifts, and could hold my own..

What you weighing dude?
What you benching?
have you got a Gym membership or you casual? I have a basically full setup at home. Use the gym to finish off..

1mmort4l
10-11-2006, 07:30 AM
You live in MV, and work in Manning? Phew, whats that, half hour on a good day, with no traffic..?

Clifford Gillmore
10-11-2006, 04:25 PM
At the moment I'm weighing 92-95kg, benching 95kg, squatting 150kg ish+, deadlifting 160kg.

Yeah, works a about half an hour in the morning, absolutely no traffic when I start though!

TommyBoy
10-11-2006, 04:57 PM
If you need to make weight for a powerlifting competition, your best best is to cut the water weight before the weigh-in. If you gradually lose bodyweight over time, you will naturally lose a bit of strength. The only successful way I've seen people make their weight class is to drop water weight within 24 hours of the weigh-in.

I'm gonna be attempting this for the first time pretty soon. I'm 308 and I'm gonna cut down for the 275's.

For you, it seems very doable, since you're only 6kg off the weight class. There's at least 6kg of water in your body that you can drop before the weigh-in.