PDA

View Full Version : Feedback/advice

ZaC851
10-11-2006, 09:19 AM
I've been working out alot harder lately than normal, since I've been deployed for the last month, and I've been able to eat like a horse. 4 times a day with nuts, and snacks etc in between. I've been taking in A LOT of cal and protien and everything is gaining size, and strength. everything except my arms. Although they have went up in strenth. Size seems to be lacking with the way everything else has been growing. What are you guys doing for arms? My current bicep workout, is barbell curls, dumbell curls, hammer curls, and concentration curls....but like I said, strength as went up, but size just doesnt want to do much. I think the best improvment as far as strenth is concerned is my back and legs which have are making great results, what you guys think. What other things should I do for arms..

http://www.turboinduction.com/misc/IMG_0583.jpg

Bohizzle
10-11-2006, 10:02 AM
do a lot more heavy pressing movements, ur tris seem to be lagging. and for bi's i've seen a lot of growth without any direct arms work, just lots of heavy rows, pullups and deadlifts. but if u feel u need to work them directly just do 3-6 sets, no need to do 4 different exercises for them.

By the way, looking wide!

Andrew

ZaC851
10-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I'll try to change it up tonight. Tonight is back and bi's. I generally do all those excersizes I mentioned above for 4 sets increasing the weight each set. Perhaps I'm overtraining..

500squat
10-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Looking good man, back is great...maybe you should play with your reps and add some more weight to your arm workouts, see what works best for you. I also agree you don't need so much excercises for your arms.

Ruffian
10-11-2006, 11:54 AM
I agree with Bohizzle. Frankly, I think your overworking your biceps, I only do a max of 2 bicep workoutgs n 2 tricep workouts p/week because they generally get hit hard wiht most compound movements too. Your back is looking great, lots of definition and you seem to be fairly lean.

Any other pix you can show? Leggies? Front??

Built
10-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Lats and delts look thick, and yummy as hell.

I'll echo Ruffian - leggies? Front?

Ruffian
10-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Lats and delts look thick, and yummy as hell.

I'll echo Ruffian - leggies? Front?

echo ..echo ...echo ...echo.....

Sorry... Im a bit socially ******ed right now... a week of solid calculus will do that to you....

Beast
10-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Try this:
Add ½” to Your Arms in 1 Month (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=66)

ZaC851
10-12-2006, 01:38 AM
I agree with Bohizzle. Frankly, I think your overworking your biceps, I only do a max of 2 bicep workoutgs n 2 tricep workouts p/week because they generally get hit hard wiht most compound movements too. Your back is looking great, lots of definition and you seem to be fairly lean.

Any other pix you can show? Leggies? Front??

I do have some pics from about a month or so a go. I planed on taking some at the beginning of the deployment, and then some at the end. I didnt take any of legs, Just one from the front, and one from the back but now that you guys mentioned it, I'll have to take some legs tonight to see how much progress I make on the 6 months that I'm deployed out here.

Heres a older pic from end of august time frame..not much to look at I know, but it does seem I've made a little progress in the past month.

http://www.turboinduction.com/misc/aug.jpg

Built
10-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Nice! You'll continue to build well!

Leggies?

bill
10-14-2006, 12:01 AM
looks like your on the right track. To put an inch on your arms you'll probably need to gain about 10'lbs. Also as someone suggested the triceps make up more of your arm size. You could probably cut out a few of the arm sets. If your doing bicep after back? After your first bicep exercise you shouldn't need to spend alot of time on warm ups. Maybe change your routine as Beast suggested, preacher curls are good exercise exchange for something.