PDA

View Full Version : Fitday alternative?

russianwol
10-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi, I noticed that fitday.com does not allow you to construct food out of existing ingridents. For example my breakfast sandwich is 2 slices of bread, 4.5 oz of ham + 2 eggs + 1 slice of cheese.

I could of course figure out individual component calories and macros but what a pain in the arse!

Anyone knows of a site that allows meal customization by components? (I wonder if I just gave a way an awesome business idea ;) )

RedSpikeyThing
10-11-2006, 04:14 PM
You can do that on fitday if you download the full version. It's available on bittorrent, but you can go find it yourself.

malkore
10-11-2006, 04:15 PM
the other option is what I do for certain 'constant meals I eat'

i put it into fitday online like normal, then make a new custom food and just add up all the macros.
its a little ghetto, but it does speed stuff up.

Cut150
10-11-2006, 10:50 PM
A guy once posted an alternative to Fitday and it did combine the meal like you want. I think it was Nutri something. He said that it was better than Fitday and that is the one he used. Try a search because I can't remember the name right now.

Built
10-11-2006, 11:03 PM
I pick a day in the past with no food entries, make up the food, then programme it in as a custom food from the macros.

HahnB
10-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi, I noticed that fitday.com does not allow you to construct food out of existing ingridents. For example my breakfast sandwich is 2 slices of bread, 4.5 oz of ham + 2 eggs + 1 slice of cheese.

I could of course figure out individual component calories and macros but what a pain in the arse!

Anyone knows of a site that allows meal customization by components? (I wonder if I just gave a way an awesome business idea ;) )

If you eat that all the time just add the individual components, and make the whole meal a custom food. It takes like 30 seconds to do that.

Cut150
10-11-2006, 11:08 PM
I was bored and I'm not ready to go to bed, so here's the thread.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78203&highlight=fitday

It's the last post. I'm pretty sure that was the site I'm thinking of.

IZich
10-12-2006, 01:43 AM
I guess the consensus is that adding up a few numbers to make a custom food never hurt anybody. It's what I do as well.

russianwol
10-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the thread "Cut150". I'm gonna check it out. As far as adding up all macros - yeah it could take a bit of time or less than a bit of time. But the point is that technology should allow humans to be more efficient :)

It's like when you build a house - you don't go cutting down trees and making 2x4s. You buy trusses and premade cinder blocks - then put them together ;)

OMG the http://www.nutridiary.com kicks ass! I can build my meals - from componens!!!!! Woohooo.

RedSpikeyThing
10-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the thread "Cut150". I'm gonna check it out. As far as adding up all macros - yeah it could take a bit of time or less than a bit of time. But the point is that technology should allow humans to be more efficient :)

It's like when you build a house - you don't go cutting down trees and making 2x4s. You buy trusses and premade cinder blocks - then put them together ;)

OMG the http://www.nutridiary.com kicks ass! I can build my meals - from componens!!!!! Woohooo.

That feature is avilable in the full version of fitday. They make the free online version annoying to encourage people to purchase the full version.

emunah
10-12-2006, 01:48 PM
you can use www.nutridiary.com to make up a 'meal' and do it that way