PDA

View Full Version : Criticism Please

leafy2
10-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Well I'm 15, and weight in at 152 lbs and 13% body fat. I've been working out seriously for 4 months (for wrestling). Don't have any pictures from when I started, unfortunately, but I can say that I was 140 lbs. Criticism? I know the pics are bad, but its the best I can take with this camera.

Oh yeah, and height is 5'9"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/leafy2/front1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/leafy2/side1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/leafy2/backb1.jpg

Focused70
10-11-2006, 06:39 PM
EAT!!!

Go on the see food diet and go all out.

RedSpikeyThing
10-11-2006, 09:42 PM
You are exactly my size. I'm eating everything I can see. You should to.

leafy2
10-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Hmm, but won't that give me bulk? I'm not trying to gain much mass here because that will put me above my weight class. I worked on mass to get here now im switching to strength training.

Should I still be eating everything digestable?

McIrish
10-12-2006, 08:19 AM
You are exactly my size. I'm eating everything I can see. You should to.
I thought I read in a recent thread that you said you were deadlifting 275 or something? I don't mean to be a doubting Thomas, but I find someone with the OP's size/build deadlifting 275 to be unlikely... :scratch:

To the OP:
Leafy, I would work on maintaining strength and technique in the meantime. During this season, you won't be able to put on a noticeable amount of muscle (especially if you want to stay within your weight class for the remainder of the season). The time to gain muscle is BEFORE the season starts.

For the meantime, practice technique and endurance stuff - wouldn't hurt you to keep up your cardiovascular health and endurance, etc. That being said, the second the season is over, I would start inhaling anything edible within sight, and cut down before next season even starts. You've got a good build from which to work and you should be able to see some good gains if you keep working at it.

Gabrielle
10-12-2006, 01:33 PM
you are on the right track, bro. Eat, eat, and eat some more. You have a lot of potential, but you are going to need to fill out. To put it in perspective, from those pics you posted you look like you weigh 20 lbs less than your actual weight. I am in no way trying to diss you. I looked much worse than you at 15 or so

leafy2
10-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks for all of the constructive feedback! It's obvious I need to eat more then =P Have to keep that in mind for inbetween downtime. Next year, maby, Ill try for 162 class.

VikingWarlord
10-12-2006, 04:53 PM
I agree with McIrish. Everyone is going to tell you to gain since it's a bodybuilding forum, but if you're working in a weight class, don't **** with that. Get bigger in the off season and just work on getting stronger.

HeavyBomber
10-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Screw your weight class dude. IMO, if you aren't into gaining weight then you aren't really serious. -Just my opinion.

Natetaco
10-12-2006, 09:37 PM
ah wrestling. I remember I got flamed to death when i first came on this forum because i was lean as hell and always stayed in my weight class. Honestly Id say gain as much mass as you can then cut down before season and see where you stand again. I know very strong people at your exact height and weight.

Andre3000
10-12-2006, 09:49 PM
I doubt you got flamed. People were probably just telling you the same thing as him-you were skinny and needed to eat. Anway, to the OP, uh...eat. And do big lifts when you're done with your season. And, I don't by any means mean to insult you, but if you're not that good at wrestling right now, I would personally say f*ck it and lift heavy to kick real ass next season. However if you're doin good, ignore that, work on keeping in shape and lift like hell for the rest of the offseason. Consider your wrestling season your time for cutting, not summer, like people normally will.

Dinosaur
10-12-2006, 10:03 PM
I thought I read in a recent thread that you said you were deadlifting 275 or something? I don't mean to be a doubting Thomas, but I find someone with the OP's size/build deadlifting 275 to be unlikely... :scratch:

Don't base how much a person can lift off of appearance alone. I know a female who weighs 103 pounds yet has set a world record in her powerlifting federation for a 292 deadlift.

Davidelmo
10-13-2006, 01:27 AM
That's mighty impressive, but it IS a world record.. those people don't just fall out of trees (sorry, english saying - it means they're not that common.)
I'm also happier I'm stronger than the worlds strongest 103lb woman! :D

McIrish
10-13-2006, 03:51 AM
That's mighty impressive, but it IS a world record.. those people don't just fall out of trees (sorry, english saying - it means they're not that common.)
I'm also happier I'm stronger than the worlds strongest 103lb woman! :D

DAMN, I'm actually NOT stronger than the world's strongest 103 lb woman. Ouchhhhhh. :)

SaVvY
10-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Hmm, but won't that give me bulk? I'm not trying to gain much mass here because that will put me above my weight class. I worked on mass to get here now im switching to strength training.

Should I still be eating everything digestable?
you ask for criticism - your 15 years old, it wouldnt be smart for you to attempt to stay in a small weight class, at this point in your life you should be getting bigger and stronger + you are very much leaf like, i dont see how you could do much as wrestler with your height to weight ratio

McVein
10-13-2006, 01:35 PM
are ou sure youre 152??

you look a lot smaller imo

hard to tell from the dodgy lighting though

leafy2
10-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes... I'm 101% positive im 152 lbs.

Unless my coach tells me to bulk up to the next class (starting on monday) ill stay here, of course Ill bulk up to higher classes in seasons to come... but its too late to go up in class this close to the starting of the season, unless its absolutely neccassary.

Again thanks for all the constructive comments! Helps alot.

Clifford Gillmore
10-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Your pretty tall, so being at 152 your at a big disadvantage to all of the shorter people in the same weight class. You may have a little more leverage but they will more than likely have a bit more strength and size to reverse what ever you have, bulk into a higher (a few higher) classes and you'll find yourself on an even playing feild.

Fuzzy
10-14-2006, 08:09 AM
152... damn. Im 200 pounds and Im 14, lol

Sike yourself up for the offseason bulks by designing a porgram. And set out big goals for the next few months. That way, come the offseaon you can hit bulking hard, and you wont wussy out, cause youll have goals you want to work towards.

Look at my sig, I say it to myself every day like the Yank's pledge of aleigence, with an emphasis on I WILL. Cuase you can and and you WILL if you want to badly enough.

Look forward to seeing you getting bigger, start a journal when you being the bulk.

Good luck mate...

leafy2
10-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks man ^ and everyone else, by the way season starts monday.

Goodwinm
10-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Screw your weight class dude. IMO, if you aren't into gaining weight then you aren't really serious. -Just my opinion.
What he said. Sound advice. Just gain weight and have plenty of energy to toss some iron around.