PDA

View Full Version : positives about my diet

rapidride3
10-12-2006, 07:44 AM
I just wanted to let a few know how things were going with my diet. I have been 3 weeks off of probably a 2-3 year binge of major junk food w/major fat&simple sugars. I usually wouldn't want to cut this time of year but i have grown completely sick of my increase in bodyfat. Plus with the knowledge and help from this board i really want to see what i look like with a leaner frame. I weighed 212 lbs. 3 weeks ago. I feel i guessed my starting maintenance calories to be pretty much on at about 2800 cal/day. I went from 212 down to 209-210lbs. However i feel my weight loss has come from less sodium and eating a way cleaner diet preventing water retention. At least i haven't gained. What is the general time frame i should give my body to lose weight before i cut calories???? Also what is the general rule on cutting??? is it by a percentage of a macro?? say carbs??? or by a flat amount of calories say,,,2-300 calories of probably carbs,, while keeping fats in proportion?? P.S. the BIGGEST things i have noticed about eating clean is when i sleep i feel very well rested when i wake up,,,it's easier to wake up,, and my moods have been stabilized,, it seems like i almost was battling small signs of depression on the junk food. All in all i feel WAY better,, i just want to know the appropriate method to start cutting. Thanks Matt

Unreal
10-12-2006, 08:10 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1290352#post1290352

Read the stickies at the top. All of this is covered.

russianwol
10-12-2006, 08:12 AM
You should definitely stick to your plan for about 2 month. That way you weight loss can be not just water from lower sodium and "bowel clean up".

The hardest part about dieting is day to day - you are hungry most all the time so you don't get the satisfaction like on a bulk.

Like Unreal said - there has been a lot posted on this topic. But you should take some pictures of yourself right now. Then take some after 2 - 3 months and post results in the "Pictures" forum.

rapidride3
10-12-2006, 02:10 PM
I have one problem. I have been back in the gym routinely for about a year now. I have lifted off and on for quite a few years now. I weigh 210 now. i could easily see my self at a semi lean 175-180 lbs. At the prescribed 1.5 lbs. a week plus the 2 months of letting my body adjust i would be cutting for say,,,, somewhere in the neighborhood of 31 weeks!!! This seems an awful long time to cut???(almost 8 months??) I am not obese by any standards,,, i am at about 17%bodyfat. Is this normal???