PDA

View Full Version : Aches/Pains and you

Vapour Trails
10-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Just wondering how common it is for ppl engaged in heavy squating/DLing/Benching to have various aches/pains, injuries etc.

How do you adjust? Do you continue to push hard, back off somewhat, or completey stop when you find out you have tendonitis, inflammation, strains or otherwise.

Reason I ask is I somehow injuried my hip several weeks ago during a DL/squat session. I gave it significant time (3 weeks) to mend, but now after resuming I can't really tell if it is still a problem that I should rest. I've checked the sports injury websites and I can't definativley figure out what might be the problem, so many conditions seem like possibilites.

At the time of the injury, there was pain in my hip joint and definate inflammation and tightness inside. If is definately better now as I did not having these acute symptoms after my last 2 sessions, yet something doesn't feel 100% yet. Am I obsessing? Should I tough it out?

RedSpikeyThing
10-12-2006, 12:43 PM
If you are concerned, go see a doctor. Could be anything.

As far as aches and pains go, I'm usually stiff after high rep stuff. Low rep and heavy weight doesn't seem to affect me too much. My rotator cuff will usually bitch me out after benching though.

JustinASU
10-12-2006, 02:45 PM
IcyHot, Ice, Anti-inflammatories, and foam rollers should be your best friends.

But if you're that concerned I agree. See a doc.

Hazerboy
10-15-2006, 11:49 PM
speaking of which, what are the long term effects of powerlifing/weightlifting on the body? That is, assuming you don't take the dave tate route, and instead dave plenty of time off for injuries.

chris mason
10-16-2006, 05:35 AM
When you lift heavy that is just the way it is.

ETS from AtLarge is a great help for the majority of its users. It is really a MUST have for any resistance trained individual.

TommyBoy
10-16-2006, 06:52 AM
When you lift heavy that is just the way it is.
Exactly what I was gonna say.