PDA

View Full Version : A question on Eggs

Warrior10
10-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Did it come before the chicken?

Ok sorry. Here's the question:

Anyone who devours around 5-7 eggs every morning (whites of course), knows that hunger pangs are significantly reduced throughout the rest of the day. I can't say the same for the other foods I'd have for breakfast, even if they are the more or less the same in protein/nutritional content.

Does anyone know why Eggs cause this? Is it because they take long to digest? Are they absorbed slower?

The eternal student,
Warrior10.

Slim Schaedle
10-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Is it because they take long to digest? Are they absorbed slower?

Egg whites are actually quicker than most, I believe.

Holto
10-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Most breakfasts are focussed around carbs.

Carbs make most people hungry whereas protein and especially fat are very satiating.

hardgainer169
10-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Yea I have asked a similar question on here. It bugs me cuz eggs are so good for ya and paked with nutrients, but they make you want to eat less. BAD:mad: :mad: I eat em' anyway and just enjoy my other meals slightly less. I believe it has been attributed to the high fat content.

Stumprrp
10-12-2006, 07:20 PM
really? i have 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 scoop whey, and vegys for breakfast currently and im cutting, my hunger is terrible through the whole day, even after peanut butter lol.

hardgainer169
10-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Actually I should rephrase my statement, After eating eggs, I stay in that "unhungry" state probably until mid-afternoon then I get ravenous again but its still annoying.

WORLD
10-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I say drink a nice big shake as your second meal.. You can take those down no matter how much you've already eaten. Then, by lunch you will be hungry again.
Sorry I cant answer your original question Warrior.

Warrior10
10-13-2006, 04:25 PM
I say drink a nice big shake as your second meal.. You can take those down no matter how much you've already eaten. Then, by lunch you will be hungry again.
Sorry I cant answer your original question Warrior.

No worries, WIY.

Thanks for the responses so far.