PDA

View Full Version : Words of Encouragement/Advice

DJL
10-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi,

I'm writing this on behalf of my wife who is not a board member--and she's asked me to post it. She and I have been lifting together and cutting for about 10 weeks now. I've dropped about 18 pounds. She's lost about 10 pounds. She's not lost any weight in about two weeks and she's frustrated. And says she's tired of the eating routine. She's getting about 1400 calories per day. This is an estimate though, because she's not faithful with fitday.com. I'm trying to help her manage caloric tracking.

She doesn't follow the WBB training routines and instead uses this routine:

Day 1
Dumbell Squats 8 reps x 4 sets
Stiff-legged deadlifts 8 reps x 4 sets
One-armed dumbell rows 8 reps x 4 sets
Incline dumbell press 8 reps x 4 sets
Dumbell Shoulder Press 8 reps x 4 sets
Standing Calf Raises 8 reps x 4 sets
Dumbell Curls 8 reps x 4 sets
Overhead Dumbell Extensions 8 reps x 4

Day 2 Abs, Cardio

Day 3
Dumbell Squats 8x4
Dumbell Lunges 8x4
Standing Calf Raises 8x4
Upright Rows 8x4
Leg Extensions 8x4
Lying Leg Curls 8x4
Tricep Kickback 8x4

Day 4 Abs, Cardio

Day 5
Ballet Squats 8x4
Dumbell Lunges 8x4
Dumbell Rows 8x4
Incline Dumbell Flies 8x4
Bent Over Lateral 8x4
Standing Calf Raises 8x4
Hammer curls 8x4
Lying Dumbell Extensions 8x4

Day 6 Abs, Cardio

Day 7 Rest

Personally, I think she's looking great and making progress. She's fitting a size 5 now--last time she did that was about 8 years ago. Still, she needs some motivational boost. Some boost about eating, Some boost and thoughts about changing up her lifting routine.

You folks have any thoughts, works of encouragement, advice, etc?

Built
10-12-2006, 11:28 PM
I do.

First off, I offer her props for lifting and dieting, and successfully dropping 10 lbs in as many weeks - that's EXCELLENT progress for a woman. We're smaller than men, and that's a significant caloric deficit to run!

Now, it is, indeed, time for a new split.

May I suggest Baby Got Back? Link is in my sig, the whole workout is all ready to go at the end.

And she really needs to fitday. I could NOT cut any other way.

Does she have an account? What are her average macros - does she know? And how much does she weigh? How tall?

DJL
10-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Hi Built,

It's great to get such a fast response from you.

She's 5'4, 129 pounds. And she doesn't have any reliable macros--needs to warm up to fitday.

Oh, I was just looking at your Baby Got Back routine. It's great, but I don't think it will work for her. We have a home gym, which consists of free weights (barbell and dumbells) and bench. We are planning to buy a power rack soon, but unfortunately she doesn't have the ability to do T-bar rows, seated rows, etc. just yet.