PDA

View Full Version : Describe eating "clean"

bostonrules
10-13-2006, 12:07 PM
I have been changing my diet around so that im eating more protein in every meal. I have been eating a lot of turkey, chicken, tuna fish, steak with something on the side like pasta or rice. I snack around a lil bit but not much, for instance i might have some chips with a couple tuna sandwiches. Ive totally cut out fast food and eat almost no candy or pastries. Is this defined as eating clean? If not, what is?

Mr. D
10-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Eating clean is basically tracking all your macros on fitday. Not eating any junk food at all, like those chips. Getting sufficient protein, fats and healthy unprocessed carbs is whats it about.

Also this should be moved to diet/nutrition.

SaVvY
10-13-2006, 01:37 PM
I have been changing my diet around so that im eating more protein in every meal. I have been eating a lot of turkey, chicken, tuna fish, steak with something on the side like pasta or rice. I snack around a lil bit but not much, for instance i might have some chips with a couple tuna sandwiches. Ive totally cut out fast food and eat almost no candy or pastries. Is this defined as eating clean? If not, what is?
eating clean would be not eating junk food/foods which are high in saturated fats, simple as that - but just because you eating clean food may not mean your going to reach your goals

visit www.whfoods.com for all the info you could want about what foods you should be eating

Clifford Gillmore
10-14-2006, 05:27 AM
MY personal take on "clean" foods are foods that have very, very little production work done to them. Nothing processed or reconstituted.

Turnip
10-14-2006, 05:36 AM
I think food that is high in fructose, trans fats, salt, or overly processed. Like that article said if it has a shiny box and doesnt look like food; ie poptarts, its probably bad for you.

Fuzzy
10-14-2006, 07:47 AM
MY personal take on "clean" foods are foods that have very, very little production work done to them. Nothing processed or reconstituted.

Agree 100%.

To me it makes more sense to eat the full fat food, cause chances are the diet version has alot more perseravtives, and artificial sweeteners and flavours.

But really the best option os to eat a big a*s steak and no more than medium rare.

HeavyBomber
10-14-2006, 06:08 PM
But really the best option os to eat a big a*s steak and no more than medium rare.

Excellent! I can do that. :)

BigMatt
10-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Eating clean for me is like

Protein:Tuna,Eggs,Chicken breast skinless,fish...
Carbs:Oatmeal,Brown rice
Fat:nuts,fish oil,olive oil.

Drink:Water

Thats about it,pretty much everything that consist of eating clean...

McIrish
10-15-2006, 01:59 AM
eating clean would be not eating junk food/foods which are high in saturated fats, simple as that - but just because you eating clean food may not mean your going to reach your goals

visit www.whfoods.com for all the info you could want about what foods you should be eating

Savvy, that link is AWESOME. Thanks! :thumbup:

Roddy
10-15-2006, 02:02 AM
Eating clean for me is like

Protein:Tuna,Eggs,Chicken breast skinless,fish...
Carbs:Oatmeal,Brown rice
Fat:nuts,fish oil,olive oil.

Drink:Water

Thats about it,pretty much everything that consist of eating clean...

^^ what he said plus steak, lots of milk and whey

malkore
10-16-2006, 07:51 PM

same basic definition here. fruits, veggies, WHOLE grains (oats, barley, brown rice, corn), meats, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy. i would also include quality protein powder.

on a clean bulk, you'll eat a LOT of food. on a clean cutting cycle, you'll get to eat enough food to avoid getting really hungry.

Gabrielle
10-16-2006, 07:54 PM
Clean foods, basically no fast food and no sodas stuff that you cook that is relatively low in fat

Mr. D
10-16-2006, 08:06 PM
why low in fat? fat is essential. i would say in a clean bulk, you dont mix high fat meals with high carb meals.

either P+F meals or P+C meals.

Con
10-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Why not? does the insulin spike automatically store extra cals as fat?.......doubtful.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Clean foods, basically no fast food and no sodas stuff that you cook that is relatively low in fatYou should do some research on why dietary fat is essential to the human body.