PDA

View Full Version : Help in this transition

Pjsb
10-14-2006, 09:43 AM
I learned how to eat correctly to fuel my gains years ago, however a change in lifestyle is making it extremely difficult to eat right.

I just graduated college, and I am now working a job that keeps me away from the house from 730 am - 730 pm. I like the work (IT audit) but 10 hour days combined with almost an hour of travel each way is putting a huge dent in my eating and lifting habits. Sometimes its a miracle I have the energy to lift at night, but as you can guess, that's not my biggest problem - my meals are.

So, I'm looking for some advice who have been in similar positions. What are some easy meals that I can make to pack with me to take to work? Fast dinners? Give me some examples of how I can minimize the time needed to prepare solid meals. Actually, any general tips to help me fit nutrition/lifting into a busy professional lifestyle would be great.

I'm not an idiot, I know how to eat. But I just don't have the time to devote towards preparing food/eating it like I used to. I want to stay the course and keep the gains I have made, if not make more gains.

Bob
10-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Big Breakfast, Medium Lunch, lots of good snacks...
When I was traveling to a desk job an hour away.. this was the only way for me..
Stop at the gym on the way home.. making sure I had a hi-protein, hi-carb meal - like Nitrean and a couple slices of whole wheat bread with honey on them - just as I got into the car on the way home.. that way they had 60minutes to digest.

During the day... fruit and nuts were a blessing.. along with Chocolate milk from the corner store..

Good luck..