PDA

View Full Version : Is milk bad for your body?

RussianRocket
02-05-2002, 09:24 PM
I've heard that milk is bad for you. After a certain age you cannot digest it properly, is that true. 1/3 of my diet is milk. I get about 60 grams of protein per day just from milk.

02-05-2002, 10:25 PM
if your not getting stomach cramps from it, then drink your milk. It does a body good!

Severed Ties
02-05-2002, 10:45 PM
Well it's bad if you lactose intolerant, but with how much your drinking your obviously not so don't worry about it.

ST

beercan
02-06-2002, 05:30 AM
Damn. Someone that drinks more milk than I do. Keep it up.

Frankster
02-06-2002, 06:36 AM
Look at what i read somewhere probably not true, but still scary for a guy like me who drinks a cow a day.

Letís consider some of the following facts:

The enzymes necessary to break down and digest milk are renin and lactase. They are all but gone by the age of three in most humans.
There is an element in all milk known as casein and there is three hundred times more casein in cowís milk than in humanís milk. Casein coagulates in the stomach and forms large, tough, dense, difficult-to-digest curds that are adapted to the four-stomach digestive apparatus of a cow. Once inside the human system, this thick mass of goo puts a tremendous burden on the body to somehow get rid of it.
Unfortunately some of this gooey substance hardens and adheres to the lining of the intestines and prevents the absorption of nutrients into the body.
The most serious difficulty with milk consumption is the formation of mucus in the system. This mucus coats the mucous membranes and also seriously affects absorption.

syntekz
02-06-2002, 06:56 AM
So you're saying drinking milk isn't such a good idea?

Frankster
02-06-2002, 07:00 AM
No, no, thats what they say.:windup:

I say milk is goooood :drooling:

02-06-2002, 10:10 AM
a lil mucus in the intestines never hurt anyone before.

SShadow
02-06-2002, 10:18 AM
orange juice will do a body good. just as much as milk. but it tastes funny with corn flakes. ;)