PDA

View Full Version : Road to a Big 3 Thousand!

Goodwinm
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Okay. Thought i'd create a new journal to track my new split.

Works really hectic working 40+ hours per week. I hardly have time to see my fiance let alone work out! lol So ive devised a new training split. basically its like this.

Back/Chest/Shoulders - Rest - Legs/Bi's/Tri's - Rest And repeat. Might vary but this is how things are gonna run for a while.

Im training for maximum power. Im training for upcoming PL meets. Might do one in december. Or might wait a litle longer til im a daddy. I'll wait and see. But my main goal with this new split... is... To hit that 1,000lb Big 3 mark!

Current Lifts are as follows.

Bench - 225
Squat - 270
Deadlift - 405
Total - 900

My Target Lifts for Christma are as follows.

Bench - 250
Squat - 315
Deadlift - 440
Total - 1005

Wish me luck! :D hehe. Im determined. I will do this! I'm not too bothered about what weight class im entering. As long as I can hit 1,000 by Xmas i'll be happy. Im likely to stay around 80kg (176lbs) or under.

All the best.
GW

offhegoes03
10-16-2006, 05:42 PM
first post! hah, good luck with the plan.. I think some of those goals look pretty reasonable especially with access to better equipment. good luck with the new plan.

Goodwinm
10-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Cheers Chris! :) I think theyr prety reasonable. I wreckon if i would have put my all into it today I could of hit a 300 squat. But 270 x 2 will do nicely.

Thnks for being the first poster hehe ;)

GW

Stumprrp
10-16-2006, 06:01 PM
cool new journal! now get liftin! :D

Goodwinm
10-16-2006, 06:05 PM
haha. Right on man! Thnks! :D

SpecialK
10-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Haha, I didn't realize you had made this one until after I posted in the old one.

:spam:

Coke
10-17-2006, 05:35 AM
This is a new one, lol...you should do very well with what you've outlined and will smash them numbers by new year's.

Goodwinm
10-17-2006, 04:54 PM
K - SPAMMER! :p

Coke - thanks big man! Im gonna smash these numbers like hell! It just has to happen!

Goodwinm
10-18-2006, 04:08 AM
****!! I havnt recieved payment from paypal in my bank account yet! So i gotta work out in my garage! lol. I cant afford £1.80 (how depressing!) lol.

I'll post back here with the workout! See ya soon!

Shoulder/Biceps/Triceps

Gonna be hard to work triceps now. for **** sake! lol. Oh well. Trusty Bullworker for the win!

Goodwinm
10-18-2006, 05:14 AM
Lost all of my writing AGAIN! lol.

Cant be arsed to convert into lbs again.

Strict BB Mil Press

32kg x 10
50kg x 5
60kg x 5
70kg x 1 (back to where i once was. Awesoem!)

Barbell Shrug

60kg x 10
110kg x 8
110kg x 8
110kg x 5
110kg x 6

Barbell Bicep Curl

30kg x 10 (W/U)

Power Curl

40kg x 5
40kg x 5
50kg x 1
50kg x 1
50kg x 1
50kg x 1

Rack Mil Press Lockouts

50kg x 10
60kg x 3

Rele pleased with shoulder strength! Back to where I was. So now onto progressing further to that 225 mil press! :D

Videos to come up soon!

Coke
10-18-2006, 05:48 AM
Good effort overall man, keep rolling...:D

Stumprrp
10-18-2006, 06:56 AM
great work keep it up

offhegoes03
10-18-2006, 07:23 AM
looking good man.. good to see the milli press back up there.

Guido
10-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Those look like attainable goals, man. Well done.

I was a bit confused at first, though, looking at the title of your journal. I thought you were trying to total 3,000 lbs. Might be a few years and a hundred pounds before you reach that!

Chubrock
10-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Nice lifting man. Looks like we're both trying to get stronger. Stop by the journal sometime.

Goodwinm
10-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Coke, stump - Thnks a bunch guys! :)

Chris - Yep my millies coming back to winning ways :) yay!

Guido - Hey thanks man! :) I tried to be realistic and I think I can get those goals! haha 3,000lbs would be insane at this bodyweight! :p I'll probs never total 3,000lbs in my life. :p

Chub - Cheers dude! :) Ill stop by definatley. Sorry I havnt popped in for a while!

Can'tstopnow
10-18-2006, 04:44 PM
If you keep hittn the wts as you are I think your goals will have to be raised before too long, nice work. Do you do your military presses seated or standing?

Goodwinm
10-18-2006, 04:53 PM
hey thanks dude :) Mi lpresses always standing. Makes me feel like im in control alot more. Thnks for stopping by .

SpecialK
10-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Nice pressing there :strong:

KingJustin
10-18-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm definitely liking the term "power curls." I might have to steal that.

Good lifting and good luck with everything.

Can'tstopnow
10-19-2006, 04:10 PM
I've always done militarys seated, think I'll give the standing a shot to see how it goes.

Goodwinm
10-20-2006, 05:01 PM
K - Thnks dude! :)

Justin - haha power curls rock. They really work your back aswell as Bi's!

Can'tstopnow - Give it a try. Definately. Some ppl prefer seated. somepeople like myself prefer standing. Standing requires alot more stablilty so whatever your seated mil pressing I can pretty much garuntee when ur standing u'll be doing less. Not always the case. But going by personal experience..

Goodwinm
10-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Back/Chest/Shoulders Tomorrow morning!

Goodwinm
10-28-2006, 05:36 PM
*brushes dust off journal*

Well guys, due to personal reasons I will not be weight lifting for quite some time now. Its a decision ive made with thought And i think its for the best. Works killing me quite hard. And its a a real struggle to find the time to lift weights at the gym or at home. So im putting it on hold for a while. Probably a long time actually. Ill still be keeping fit and doing heavy lifting, (Delverys constantly at work will help me stay in shape a little bit).
Ive decided not to attend the meet in December. Id probably just injure myself anyways. And i wudnt be training for it. So all n all. Im very sad to not be able to have proper workouts anymore. But Im sure my body will thank me for it. (heavy weight lifting and doing heavy ass deliverys is probably shredding my CNS)

Well see you guys around. Thank you to all of you guys. Espeically - Coke, Stump, offhegoes, KingWilder, and more who reuglarly post in here and add tips, advice and friendly banter. Cheers guys. I wish you all the very best with training and all!

Ill pop in from time to time. Hopefully next time i check over eveyrones journals.....

Coke - Will own his own gym full of superiour HS machines. And continue to be a beast!

Stump - Will have deadlifted over 6pps. at sub 190 bodyweight.

Offhegoes - Will have Mil pressed 180lbs+!

KW - Will continue to kick ass on everything. At his goal BW of 200lbs. You can do it man!

Special K - Will have moved up to 540 x 5 on deadlifts. Keep it up man. Your doing superb!!

HB - Will have mastered the squat technique and hammered home a 6pps squat at least!

offhegoes03
10-28-2006, 05:57 PM
damn dude.. that sucks about not lifting anymore, but you gotta do what's best for you. good luck with everything and I'll attempt to milli press somewhere close to that number, but probalby not quite that high

BroGain
10-29-2006, 01:16 AM
Wow sorry to read that you have to give up lifting. From reading your various posts, it must be a big sacrifice :(

After checking out the weighted chin challange post, I am sad to see you go. You are my hero after watching the video where you do the chin up with +100 pounds at my current bodyweight. I would love to be able to do that some day, haha.

Best of luck in the real world without the lifting!

Goodwinm
10-29-2006, 01:28 AM
Chris - Does suck. But not the end of the world and im not gonna let it get to me. Far more inportant things to worry about!! Hannah and the baby to come for instance! hehe :D

BroGain - Hey thanks man! :) Yes i remember that chinup. Damn i was sore afterwards though!

Coke
10-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Make it a point 2 drop in sometime, this will be our loss man...be sure 2 get a workout in here and there anyways - ;)

KingJustin
10-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Sorry to see you go, but good luck with everything. Cheers

offhegoes03
10-29-2006, 11:37 AM
wait a second.. did you just say that your fiance is pregnant? congratulations man, when's the wedding?

Stumprrp
10-29-2006, 01:06 PM
mike man lol sub 190? ill be post 300 deadin 7pps! haha your a cool cat man.

but hold up dude, your fiance is pregnant? arent you 17 yrs old dude?

Goodwinm
11-13-2006, 01:46 AM
CoCoa – Thanks man! What you say means a lot to me. I got a spare couple of hours so I can reply on here and check over some journals. I’ll have a qui k CoC gripper workout but nothing more. Gotta stick to my rest and save energy for work!

KingJustin – Cheers dude. Keep up your goals man. Its all good.

Chris – Indeed! Thanks man! Around end of January beginning of Feb our baby will be born :D Wedding may be a while away yet. We want a traditional white wedding i.e. (expensive) lol.

Rob – Haha. Whatever weight you are, you’ll be deadlfting 7pps! Keep it up man! Thsnk dude! And yes I’m 17. (well 17 on the 19th of this month). I cant wait to have our baby! :D

Well just an update aswell.
Eveyrythings going ok. More than halfway through the pregnancy. (28 weeks this friday). Hannah's ok though. I look after her as best I can.

And a tip for the men in couples wanting to have a baby or having a baby: Stick with your partner. Be there for them when its possible. They go through absolute hell.

The worst thing is when your partner is feeling so $hit and horrible and there is nothing you can do. They cant be touched, hugged, kissed,massaged. Anything. Eveyrthing makes them aggetated at times. Not their fault. Its all the hormones racing around swapping and changing and growing the baby.

Ive come to respect Hannah even more these last 28 weeks. I feel we have come alot closer even before we've had the baby. At times We've both felt miserable and depressed but we suppoprt each other and we just cant wait until JJ is born! :D

And another update on the strength front. I've lost no noticable strength whatsoever. Infact Ive gained alot of strength. Especially in my forearms. Doing delivery and moving 200lb+ boxes around and all of that crap is having a tremendous benefit to my arms. And from time to time I sometimes have a quik lift at work. The odd dumbell curl (lol) and the odd Barbell row. And i do loads of shoulder work with picking up exercise bikes and elipticals and pressing them back onto podiums. While also doing OH presses with punch bags and boxes. Legs are also staying strong. I try to use them in lifting boxes as much as possible just to feel a burn.

So all is good. Apart from work. Im tired of it, tired from it, extremely underpaid aswell. But hey ho. At least Ive got a job and providing or our family :)
Ive got my Hannah to see after work so im really looking forward to seeing her again.

Hope all is ok with you guys. Ill chekc by your journals too.

Spk soon.
GW

P.S. If any of you guys are ever in England pop in to my Decathlon store! lol. We got some pretty good weight lifting equipment. ;)

Goodwinm
12-14-2006, 07:20 PM
damn it! Been over a month since i last posted here! and still no workout!

But there will be one! Tomorrow! I cant wait! Down to the hardcore freeweights gym.
have no idea what im gonna do. and quite frankly i dont care. Im just gonna see how my strength is holding up. Not gonna rele over do it though. Dont wanna injure myself. Not now im on the verge of becoming a Father! :D

keep an eye out!

Stumprrp
12-14-2006, 07:36 PM
my eye is waiting man!

McIrish
12-15-2006, 01:39 AM
Likewise, I'm waiting, too!! Hey, congrats again on the little baby, Mikey - name him Ronnie Coleman, because that kid's gonna be a beast!! Glad to hear you're stickin by your lady during this difficult time. God bless you and yours, mate!

Goodwinm
12-15-2006, 02:01 AM
stump - sweet!

McIrish - hey thanks man! haha Hannah would kill me! She would royally kick my ass if I named our baby Ronnie Coleman :p

And yes, I've stuck by her every step of the way and will continue to. It's the least I can do to be honest.

Coke
12-15-2006, 05:40 AM
Nice knowing you'll be rolling with it again Mike...you are damn good you know and will be a damn good pop.

Goodwinm
12-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Thanks Coke. Your words mean alot :)

so on with the workout then...

Didnt go too badly to be honest. Im shocked I havent lost any strength.

Barbell Push Press

Nothing silly heavy. Just warm ups i guess.

45 x 10 (x2)
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 1 (just a strict one to finish off)

135 felt like putty in my hands on push presses.

Deadlift (was dreading this one. Was worried i wouldnt even be able to do 315 for a rep. I was wrong. lol)

135 x 5
225 x 1
315 x 1 (flew up) Was very pleased.
360 x 0 (was going to do 360 but then i thought. Oh **** it. I'll do 380 instead.
380 x 1 (little struggle midway, grip was awesome though. Made it.)
405 x 1 (haha. matched my all time PR. Dunno how. I just pulled and gripped hard) I should have tried for 415 or 420 but I told myself i'd had enough on deads.

Chuffed to bits that I havnt lost anything on deadlift. :D

BB Rows

225 x 3
225 x 3

(movement felt weird. Probably because its been so damn long)

Lat pulldown close grip

175 x 5

Nothing to hard. Maximum the machien goes upto anyways. lol.

Seated Row

175 x 5. same as above.

DB Bi Curl

45's x 8
45's x 3

DB Snatches (left and right)

45's x 5
60's x 3
80's x 3 right 1 left

left it at that for snatches. Dumbells felt ****ty. Had too much grip to them. Kept sticking on my hand and not smoothly rotating in them.

Bench (Smith) lol

Pretty pointless actually. First time trying a smith bench and i alredy hate them.

just did some reps with just the bar and stand and that felt quite heavy. i'll stick to dumbell and barbell benching.

Db Incline Bench (first ever time trying)

45's x 10
80's x 5

felt a very useful exercise. Might use this in future.

Tri Pushdowns

for some reps on some weight. Dont have a clue how much.

Bicep curls and dips

Just finisehd things up with bi curls and dips. Really pumped my arms and tri's up. I was also doing some gymnastic movements on the dip station. doing a normal dip but then turning it into a handstand type thing. Strange looks from others...

So thats it. Probably last workout until a few months after our baby is born.
It felt great to throw some iron around again though. It really did.

I should have done some squats too. Damn. Oh well. speak to you all aat some point!

Happy hard training.

M Goodwin.

Stumprrp
12-15-2006, 08:10 AM
wow super workout HAHA alot of stuff!! how do you like snatches? 1 of my favorite exersizes

Goodwinm
12-15-2006, 08:12 AM
thanks man.
I rele like snatches. I used to do them a while ago. I was doing snatches with 100's :D Bet you could DB snatch your BW right? ;)

Stumprrp
12-15-2006, 08:14 AM
haha i wish dude, ive nailed a 110 on barbell but pressed it up a little, and nailed a solid 100 on dumbbell thrown right up.

actually doin them today for cardio

i hope your happy with the baby man, your so bloody young, do your parents know yet?

Goodwinm
12-15-2006, 08:36 AM
impressive with the barbell snatch man!

Im extremely happy and will be even more when our baby finally arrives :D
Yes we are young. And yes my parents do know. They have been very supportive (as any parent to any aged pregnant couple would be)
We'll be fine though. We have an amazing relationship. We have a good income. Nothing could be better! :D

Stumprrp
12-15-2006, 09:16 AM
awesome mike, real happy for you

Coke
12-16-2006, 07:09 AM
Being able to keep strength that way is just way too sweet...come on man, at least get a session in twice a week - that will keep you on.. Though you're starting out young, you and Heather will be some proud parents!!

Goodwinm
02-21-2008, 10:17 AM
*Dusts cobwebs off Journal*

Dear me! First post in god knows how long! Well hello everyone. You've probably all forgotten who I am.

We've now got the internet in our flat (rip off 35 a month t-mobile USB modem).

So how is everyone?

I havn't been training much to be honest. Full time work and also looking after my daughter and being with Hannah. I'm getting back into training slowly. I've strained my wrist from training with CoC grippers. Can now close the number 2 if thats of interest to anyone.

Okay for some stats. I've put on a few pounds.
Last time i posted here Jasmine had been born and I weighed 160lbs (February 3rd 2007)

This morning (21st February 2008) I weigh 210lbs. Bit of a difference. I have a pretty beefy belly! So there we go. Gained 50lbs. I'm still 5ft 6 so my BMI is through the roof. My lifts have improved a little also.

Bench remains at 225 because I havnt benched since last time I posted here.
Squat (same as above)
Deadlift: 200kg (440lbs)

a few weeks ago I was really hitting training hard again. Especially grip training. I had my number 2 CoC so I was training with that and I've invested in loads more plates and two trceip bomber bars (for farmers lifts and walks)

I'm still not very strong for what Icould be. My bodyweight has soared up. I quit my job working for sports store Decathlon and moved to an office based job. (where Is howive gained some of those 50 extra lbs.

My chest has got very strong as have my legs. I've still been doing lots of chest work like pressups, dips etc so hopefully when I do bench again eventually, I will be looking over 225lbs.

So here's me again and hopefully I will be posting in this journal with a training session soon.

Thanks

Mike

P.S. Regards to Stump, Coke, Anthony, Sensei, Chrisrock, and all you guys know who you are.

Rock Steady
02-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Welcome back. I saw your name and thought 'there's someone I haven't seen for awhile!'

Coke
02-22-2008, 05:46 AM
Good seeing the update, wish you and your family well...hope you be getting back to it the best way you can.

K.Huget
02-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Wow man I don't know if you remember me or not but I can't believe how fast things change. Congrats on the marriage and the kid it feels like just yesterday we were 16 years old trying to get that bodyweight military press

Goodwinm
05-24-2009, 02:43 AM
So here is me again. (dusting off the ever growing pile of dust on this journal... again)

Thank you guys for your kind words :)

I will stick to posting on this board again hopefully. A lot of great people here and I do miss posting in my journal. But I think I should start a new journal as I have totally smashed my target of a 1,000lb total. As you can see from my sig i'm sure and now upto 17 stone.

Training purely for strongman now so I have loads of sandbags (a megga beastly 140kg one which is immense to pick up) etc.

Hope everyone is well and keep up the lifting!

Coke I am hoping you are squatting the moon by now mate ;)

Coke
05-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Coke I am hoping you are squatting the moon by now mate ;)

I wish, lol...good hearing from you man, hope all is well.

Goodwinm
05-24-2009, 08:51 AM
I wish, lol...good hearing from you man, hope all is well.

yes very well thank you.

The sun is shining and we have blue skies! Training is going great too! How you holding up?

Coke
05-24-2009, 08:58 AM
How you holding up?

It's been getting tough for everybody, including I - but only the strong survive as you well know.

Goodwinm
05-24-2009, 09:07 AM
It's been getting tough for everybody, including I - but only the strong survive as you well know.

Indeed.

Financial crisis is taking the piss to be honest as well. Food prices have gone through the roof and we can't really afford to buy good big cuts of beef/ lamb/ steak etc. It really is a joke.

potatoes and cheap battery farmed chicken for the win!